Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Grayline Tours certainly make it easier on tourists who don't plan on driving the scary roads of LA. Universal was a ghost town too when we went, except for a few Japanese tour groups. And those massive esculators...yeah I thought it would be a good idea to RUN UP THEM considering the disgusting but oh so delicious foods I'd eaten the past few days. Never. Again. My legs were hurting for the next 24 hours!
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your trip report - I am so excited that you loved Transformers, I can't wait! Thanks too for the tips about doing lower level first and sitting in the second or third carts for the studio tour

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Day Four

Day Four

Today was our tour of L.A and Hollywood. We met the bus around the same time that we did for Universal studios tour and were taken to the depo. Exchanged our vouchers for tickets and were shortly on the bus. Our fears were realised when we started going around all the same places that we had seen yesterday on our night time tour of L.A. That part of the tour lasted about the same amount of time. We had an hours stop on Hollywood blvd and were trying to decide if we should rush through madam tussauds or wander around and look at the walk of fame. We chose the walk of fame deciding to return to Hollywood for a whole day to walk through the wax museum and see any sights that we didn't have a chance to on our short hours stop. Nan snapped afew photo's of me with some of my favourite stars! Including Walt Disney! I made a bee's line for the M.A.C store and had a pretty big spend on makeup! It's so much cheaper in the states compared to Australasia! We had time for a quick look at the hand prints infront of the chineese theater before making our way back to the bus. Nan wanted to grab something to eat before hopping on even though I was sure we were sheduled for lunch at the Grove, but we went to a little sandwhich bar anyway. My sandwhich took about 10 minutes to be cooked and when I walked outside the bus driver was waiting for me. Oops! Had I known I had to wait for my sandwhich to actually be cooked I never would have ordered. We then made our way to the Grove where we were SUPPOSED to have lunch. I had a pretty bad headache and wasn't in the mood for shopping through large crowds, so we stopped at the starbucks that was there for a Venti passion iced shaken tea with sweetner We hopped over to the CVS?? across the road, where we brought more makeup had a quick look at a clothes store and then went back to meet the bus. From there it was over to Santa Monica where you could look around the thirs street promenade or go for a walk to the pier. We chose to take a look at the pier, not realising how long the walk was! It wasn't everything that I thought it would be I guess because it coming out of winter there werent as many people out selling stuff. I got a pressed penny but didn't go on any rides or anything. We walked back to where we were meeting the bus and were the first ones back from there it was back to the hotel, and the conveniant thing was that our hotel was the first stop for all of the Southern California Grey Line tours. Score!

We had a pretty relaxed day, just taking in the sights and sounds of L.A. Im glad we did this tour but will not be doing it again. I didn't like the fact that we spent more time on the bus than what we did looking around. If you really want to see the Hollywood sights, i'd reccomend getting a personal driver top take you to the places you want to see. Our hotel reception told us about this on the day we wanted to see Madam Tussauds, im not too sure of how much it costs. But will most likely be doing this when I go back.
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #19
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Loving reading your report so far! great photos!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #20
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the rest going to California for the first time in may of next year fingers crossed. Hope it's as empty as when you went. How was the weather when you went?

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #21
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Wow, this is the first time I have seen your trip report. You give such a great detailed account, and your photos are awesome .
How fantastic to do the trip with your Nan. Last year we took the childrens Nana with us, and we all had an awesome time.
Roll on Sep/Oct13, like you I have already started planning!
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: