Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
sln88
WDW 10/22/05 Wonder 10/27/05!

freshwater oasis in discovery cove opens?

It just says spring 2012. Is it open yet?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
chiamarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln88 View Post
It just says spring 2012. Is it open yet?
I think Spring 2012 is all that's been released so far. So I'm guessing, no, it's not open.

Turtle Trek (across the street from Discovery Cove at SeaWorld) has released an opening date of April 27th I believe. Since there is a solid date there, but isn't for the Oasis, I'm guessing it'll be after that. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't open til the beginning of June.
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Knowing our luck since we will be there Friday May 19th this will open up either the next day or the next weekend

That happened to us last year with the new reef, we were there 1 week before it opened. Oh well I can just keep my fingers crossed that Spring means sometime in April or early May

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
totof60
Earning My Ears

You can see the work on google maps
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard anything about the opening date??

Thanks!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
disessa42
Earning My Ears

Discovery cove opening date

According to themeparktourist.com they have an opening date of May 26th planned but it has not been confirmed yet. I have been checking the site daily to see if it has been confirmed but so far it has not. I am hoping they will announce it by the beginning of next month. Seaworld confirmed theirs two months in advance. Check out themeparktourist.com for opening dates of new rides and attractions in all the parks.
disessa42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disessa42 View Post
According to themeparktourist.com they have an opening date of May 26th planned but it has not been confirmed yet. I have been checking the site daily to see if it has been confirmed but so far it has not. I am hoping they will announce it by the beginning of next month. Seaworld confirmed theirs two months in advance. Check out themeparktourist.com for opening dates of new rides and attractions in all the parks.
Thanks for the update . We just booked DC for our August trip and are looking forward to checking out the new freshwater oasis. We visited DC for the first time on our January vacation and fell in love with the park. So excited that we get the chance to go back for a second time.....not doing dolphin swim this visit, so we will have tons of time to spend in this new section!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
canadiankim
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope they stick to this date, we are booked for June 1 so would love it to be already open, fingers crossed
Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can absolutely guarantee that the date will not be earlier because we are going to be there May 22nd! Sighhhhh

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen an update? We are almost to summer at this point. Our trip is in early June and I know my DS would love this!
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

I'm going to admit that I'm very disappointed that it hasn't opened. I booked for 5/21 thinking that since it was announced as spring it should be open by then. I do realize that spring technically runs until late June but I think when someone says spring most of us think of kids spring break (march/april). I will continue to be disappointed but since it is our 3rd visit I do know we will still have a blast. I haven't been since the new reef has been in so we have that and I think my daughter has set the record for the most trips around the lazy river. I guess Seaworld will have us on the hook for another trip in the future and we are going to use our extra park for Seaworld so we can go on Manta (the only Orlando rollercoaster I haven't been on).
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Looks like the spring opening has been delayed.

Check out this link:

http://www.insideseaworld.com/day-di...o-and-aquatica

Under the first photo, it states:

"Opening later this summer at Discovery Cove is Freshwater Oasis, where you can wade, relax and come face-to-face with new animals -- playful otters and curious marmosets."

Sure hope it will be open for our late August date!

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #13
jdragr
Mouseketeer

How sad...we will be there next week. Was hoping it would be open!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
jdragr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #14
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

anyone heard any more about when this is opening? Want to book tickets for July, but when it is open not before!!!
Debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
anyone heard any more about when this is opening? Want to book tickets for July, but when it is open not before!!!
Debsx
I read on another website a few days ago that the tenative opening date was early June:

http://seaworldfan.wordpress.com/tag/freshwater-oasis/

All I have to say is that it had better be open on August 29th or I'll .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: