Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #106
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Great, great, great photos! Seriously, the ones outside in the Chinese garden are bee-you-tea-full! Thanks so much for sharing your wedding day with us!

Now on to the Disneymoon!
I love those garden photos! I like that they're outside but that there's still something else to look at in the photos too other than us, haha. Disneymoon next!

And a game!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #107
RachelNinja

3 Games for Weak Sauce Points

Before we went on the Disneymoon, I was hoping to have a PTR since it was our first trip on property. As you all know, the wedding took up way too much time, and I never got around to writing a PTR. That means that I never got a chance to host a game, but that doesn't mean I can't host one here! I had a couple of ideas, so I decided to combine 3 random games so that you can earn some Weak Sauce Points (just seems fitting for this trip, haha). They'll be posted at random times, so make sure you stay tuned!

Game #1: Cropped

I'll be taking pictures that Howard and I have taken on our Disney trips and cropping them down to a square. You have to tell me where the photo was taken in the world! It'll be from from one of the four theme parks. You have to be as specific as possible in terms of the actual name of the attraction or area as opposed to just answering something like, "DHS!" or "Somewhere in Tomorrowland!" I don't think they'll be that difficult, but of course, I get to see the full picture!

Game #2: Character Scrambler

If you read my PTR called "Saving Dole Whip Float Money" for my February trip, you'll remember that game! Click here for a rundown of the game and the rules for how it works! I have a feeling the clues will be easier because these rounds take up a lot of time to make up!

Game #3: Bonus Weak Sauce Points

These will be just random questions that I'll scatter in my regular TR updates that are about either Howard or me or just both of us in Disney World! Some might be based on past trips, so those who have followed me for a while might have an advantage. Others might be extremely random, so they're just up for anyone to guess!

The only rule is that you can only guess once for each round! If you posted your response, that has to be your only answer. No editing posts either please!

Now you're all probably wondering if this is just for funsies or is this for a prize! It's for BOTH! Haha, well, I HOPE you guys have fun with this game (it'll last throughout the length of this TR!), but it's also for prizes! As I posted in the DIY update, I love paper crafting! I enjoy making greeting cards using stamps and/or my Cricut. Yes, I'm plugging it again, but here are the links for my blog and Facebook page! I haven't really focused on the store part of it. I've mainly only sold to people I see in real life because I don't want to deal with shipping just yet (unless you're like Joni who bought a bunch over a course of time so I could send her an assortment at once!). But I'm hoping it might be a good prize to get a bunch of handmade cards if you're the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place winners of the games in this TR!

Anyway, I hope that some of you are interested in playing! Let's start with Round 1: Cropped! Where was this picture taken?

Remember, only guess per person, and no editing posts! Good luck!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Last edited by RachelNinja; 07-03-2012 at 12:12 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #108
RachelNinja

Pack, Nap, Pack

Packing for the Disneymoon was kind of hectic! We had one day to get everything together, and what made it difficult was that I didn't have all my stuff at the apartment (I still don't!). The both of us actually woke up fairly early. We were very used to getting up early for work, so we decided to get moving. We dropped off Howard's tux at Men's Wearhouse and then went to visit my parents. We got a bunch of things from them, things that we needed for our Disneymoon like cups for cereal since our plan was to eat breakfast in the room to save money. We took a look at the gifts that were at the house, and then my mom made us pasta for dinner! Haha, first day married, and we're back at my parents' house getting food. Guess it'll be a while before we're really on our own!

Eventually we packed up some boxes and luggage into the car and said bye to my younger brother. It was funny because he and Howard called each other "brodo," which is the term I sometimes use for brother (haha, like brother and ... Frodo?). We drove to Pathmark to buy cereal, but it was closed. Then we went to CVS, but it was closed. Then we went to Walgreen's, but it was closed. Whoops, we should've started even earlier! I knew something had to be open because I know there's a 24-hour pharmacy nearby, so we finally realized it was Rite Aid! We picked up a box of Honey Bunches of Oats, a new razor and deodorant for Howard because he left it at his parents' house from the morning of the wedding, and eye makeup remover for me because I JUST ran out. It was finally time to get back home!

We unpacked the few things I brought over, and then it was time to pack. The only issue was that I was starving and couldn't function without food because it was late! I had leftover eggplant parmigiana, but we didn't have a microwave! Wow, life without a microwave was so strange! Howard heated it up on a pan, and we shared it. By then, I wasn't starving, but I was exhausted! I took a nap in the middle of the night while Howard packed. He woke me up in 10 minutes like I asked, and by 10 minutes, I mean an hour, haha.

At that point, Howard decided to go to sleep for a little bit while I got up to pack. I remembered that I could go on Twitter on his iPhone since we didn't have internet set up yet. I posted:

Packing for the Disneymoon as my husband sleeps (I slept before as he packed). I love saying HUSBAND!!!

I woke Howard around 4am and finished packing. I remembered the pins that I had but not the ones that Howard had. Plus, we forgot all his Vinylmation! Whoops! We were kind of scurrying around because the plan was to leave the apartment at 5am to head to my parents' house so my dad could drive us to the airport. But we had our luggage and the top tier of the wedding cake and extra chocolate covered pretzels that my younger brother wanted.

On the way, it began to rain, and we had to swap cars quickly (we borrowed one of my family's cars to do those errands and drive over). I was nervous to be going away on our own, AND I was nervous to be getting on a plane! OH NO! Thankfully, we arrived at the airport safely, and our adventure as husband and wife officially began!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #109
RachVH
Mouseketeer

All caught up and subbing in! I read your previous TR, and can't wait to hear all about your Disneymoon! We are leaving for ours in just over three months!!!

Congratulations on your marriage, you looked gorgeous on your wedding day!
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #110
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Hi Rachel,
I had just started reading your Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce TR and then read your 'Delicious Indeed' TR the whole way through (I couldn't stop - it was like reading a book that you can't put down!) I love the way you go into detail in your TRs - you are always having so much fun! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and your vows beautiful.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say your cropped picture is in Space Mountain as you're going through on the TTA (Peoplemover).

I look forward to following along to see how your honeymoon trip went.
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
JessietheNCCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #111
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Yippee! You are finally on your way!
The wedding was beautiful!

For my CROPPED guess:
I'm going to go with the queue for Test Track.

Edited to Add: Though, now that I think about it Test Track might have already been down for a refurb while you were there. DRAT! I'll play by the rules and not change my answer though!

Last edited by Curiouser&curiouser!; 07-03-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Dumb guess!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #112
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

YAY! I always love your games so much! I am going to guess...Test Track?

Packing is always so exciting/stressful! It's exciting because you know it's finally almost time to go, but it's so stressful because you inevitably forget something!

I loved reading your Tweets while you were on your Disneymoon! I was so excited for you guys!

I remember getting used to saying "husband" when John and I first got married. Even now, after four years, it sometimes surprises me a little to say "my husband..." I just love it!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #113
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm terrible at these picture games, but my guess is Star Tours.

Sounds like a hectic start, but forgetting pins and vinylmation just means the opportunity to buy more!

Can't wait to hear all about it!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #114
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

What a hectic first day has husband and wife!

BTW, we froze our top tier and ate it one year later and it was just as delicious! I looked up online how to store it well and it worked. Actually, I think it was from a DIS'ers report!

That is a tricky picture! That radioactive symbol is throwing me through a loop. I'm going to guess Stitch's Great Escape.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #115
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Your games sound really neat Rachel, and it makes an awesome addition to your already great TR.

For my guess for your first round i'm gonna go with the que line for star tours.

yay for finally being on your way and yay for being able to say husband!

Can't wait to hear more

mermaid764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #116
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I feel like you may be one of the most creative people I've ever 'met' hahah. That character scramble game is so elaborate! I love PTR games, I just hosted one myself!

My guess would be Test Track, but I'm pretty sure it was closed by then. So... Star Tours? I honestly have no clue!

Hooray for being on your first married adventure!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #117
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

According to the black and yellow symbol, I am going to guess Test Track.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #118
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
All caught up and subbing in! I read your previous TR, and can't wait to hear all about your Disneymoon! We are leaving for ours in just over three months!!!

Congratulations on your marriage, you looked gorgeous on your wedding day!
Ahhh, it must be so fun to have the Disneymoon to look forward to! Since ours was right after the wedding, we didn't have enough time to anticipate it! Can't wait to read YOUR Disneymoon TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Hi Rachel,
I had just started reading your Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce TR and then read your 'Delicious Indeed' TR the whole way through (I couldn't stop - it was like reading a book that you can't put down!) I love the way you go into detail in your TRs - you are always having so much fun! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and your vows beautiful.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say your cropped picture is in Space Mountain as you're going through on the TTA (Peoplemover).

I look forward to following along to see how your honeymoon trip went.
Haha, that's so cool that you read the whole thing straight through! I try to make my TRs as interesting as possible with a good balance of pictures and text. I love having them as reminders for myself too; I would forget the stories and memories otherwise!

Good guess for Cropped! It would make sense for it to be there! I've never gotten a clear picture in that area though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Yippee! You are finally on your way!
The wedding was beautiful!

For my CROPPED guess:
I'm going to go with the queue for Test Track.

Edited to Add: Though, now that I think about it Test Track might have already been down for a refurb while you were there. DRAT! I'll play by the rules and not change my answer though!
It is almost time to describe all the details of Disneymooning on property!

Good guess for Cropped! Yeah, it was down already for the Disneymoon, but I'm actually using pictures from any of my trips in the past so it could have been that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
YAY! I always love your games so much! I am going to guess...Test Track?

Packing is always so exciting/stressful! It's exciting because you know it's finally almost time to go, but it's so stressful because you inevitably forget something!

I loved reading your Tweets while you were on your Disneymoon! I was so excited for you guys!

I remember getting used to saying "husband" when John and I first got married. Even now, after four years, it sometimes surprises me a little to say "my husband..." I just love it!
The only reason I have had the games before and the games now is because of YOUR awesome game with the wait time signs and the Fast Pass machines! EVERY time Howard and I pass by one that you used, we have to point it out! I'll be like, "I got that one in Joni's game!" or "I missed that one to Nermel (before I got to know Jen!)."

If I had my own iPhone, I think I would've tweeted even more! I'd definitely be Disney tweeting a ton!

It's SO strange to say husband! I still have to think about it when I type out DH! I definitely get giddy with that title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm terrible at these picture games, but my guess is Star Tours.

Sounds like a hectic start, but forgetting pins and vinylmation just means the opportunity to buy more!

Can't wait to hear all about it!
I didn't realize that the one I posted was difficult, so I'll go back and hopefully choose some easier ones to start with! I want it to be fun for everyone!

Haha, yeah, we definitely could have splurged on buying more, but we held off on that. I had enough pins to trade! I traded what I had and then would decide which one I'd be willing to trade again if something better came along. I was mainly focused on the DeeBees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
What a hectic first day has husband and wife!

BTW, we froze our top tier and ate it one year later and it was just as delicious! I looked up online how to store it well and it worked. Actually, I think it was from a DIS'ers report!

That is a tricky picture! That radioactive symbol is throwing me through a loop. I'm going to guess Stitch's Great Escape.
Yeah, it wasn't exactly as I would've liked! It usually doesn't take me that long to pack, but being in the apartment made it difficult! Even refilling shampoo and stuff made me feel like, "Wait, I don't have this shampoo here ..."

Ooo, how did you end up storing the cake? I've read bad stories of like, cake that wasn't properly stored that gave it that freezer burn taste. It worked out for us anyway because our fridge is SMALL. We have no room for ANYTHING, and we can't afford to have the cake in there too!

Good guess with Stitch's Great Escape! It's not that though. I've only been on that once, and that was a LONG time ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Your games sound really neat Rachel, and it makes an awesome addition to your already great TR.

For my guess for your first round i'm gonna go with the que line for star tours.

yay for finally being on your way and yay for being able to say husband!

Can't wait to hear more
Thanks! I hope you have fun playing! And good guess with Star Tours, but it's not from that attraction. I think I'm going to give a clue because it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be!

My husband is actually waiting for me to sign offline because I'm just still up replying to comments. Haha, my husband. Still get giddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I feel like you may be one of the most creative people I've ever 'met' hahah. That character scramble game is so elaborate! I love PTR games, I just hosted one myself!

My guess would be Test Track, but I'm pretty sure it was closed by then. So... Star Tours? I honestly have no clue!

Hooray for being on your first married adventure!
Haha, thanks! I love playing games on PTRs and TRs, but I don't see them as often because they're actually rather time consuming to make! I love word games, so that's why I came up with Character Scrambler last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
According to the black and yellow symbol, I am going to guess Test Track.
I like how you narrowed it down based on the colors! Good guess, but it's not Test Track!

Since no one has guessed the answer for Round 1: Cropped, I'm going to give a HINT! The item in the picture has to do with one of the movies that's shown in the end montage of The Great Movie Ride. Out of all the movies there, there is ONE movie clip that I really get excited seeing. It was a movie made in 1998 starring people with the initials BW, BA, and LT. If you can figure out that movie, you might be able to figure out the answer to this round of Cropped!

I'll take the FIRST correct answer! For those of you who guessed already, feel free to GUESS AGAIN!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #119
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Ok, with these hints I can play. I worked at a video store during that time period. Is it Armageddon?
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #120
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Hmmmmm, Spaceship Earth?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: