Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #31
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Your story is great, and I am glad you shared it with us!! I'm so happy for you two, it sounds like it's been a long road! Congratulations!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #32
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Your wedding photos are beautiful! You guys looked to be enjoying yourselves the whole time!

I'm glad you were able to work in some personal touches via your DIY projects. Having things that like add something special to the wedding, I think.
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Bridora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Wow, that is a lot of stuff to work on before a wedding, PLUS teaching!

Everything looks lovely!
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

I'm here! Can't wait to read more and LOVE hearing about all the details! My DFi and I were separated for about 10 years before we got back together. It's amazing what a little time will do!

You're crafts are amazing! I'm still debating what I'm going to DIY for my wedding, but then I go on Etsy and I'm like, I can pay someone to do it so much better than what I could do . And, BTW, I'm TOTALLY with you on the costs of wedding stuff. I bought my wedding dress off of Ebay and I think annoyed everyone in the process. I'm sorry, I refuse to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on stuff for one day, even if we can afford it.

I always love your TR's 'cause of your honesty and details. Relaxing Disney trips are some of the best! I'm also interested to hear if you enjoyed staying onsite more than off.

I remember reading about your trip to King's Dominion and the Williamsburg, VA area (which is where I happen to live) and it's amazing to keep up with someone (albeit online) and see how their lives grow and change .
Old 06-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

I totally agree that the wedding should be about the bride, groom and their vows to each other... But completely understand how the parents want to "show off" their children...

I love all your DIY items you did for the wedding!!! Since you couldn't be married at Disney, you did the next best thing ~ bring Disney to your wedding!!!

Wow!!! Your wedding pictures are amazing!!! I cant' wait to see the rest...
Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post

Thank you! We're still totally loving this honeymoon phase of our marriage. I know people say the 1st year is tough, and I know it will be especially with so many changes, but we're enjoying even the mundane things about life because we're finally together! Ooo, I see that you have a PTR started for July?!? Haha, and you're gonna finally finish your old TR??? YA!
Haha! Yes, I MUST finish the TR from 2010. I can't believe I let it slip away...but you know how busy the life of a teacher can be.

Now, back to your report...
Love all your DIY/Disney touches, everything looked amazing, but I know how stressful it can be! It can be such a relief when the wedding is over and you can actually enjoy being MARRIED!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)2014 (June-BCV/Dec-THV)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Cinderella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #37
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow your DIY projects turned out amazing.....I definitely think they look like they were worth all the time invested in them.

The chocolate covered pretzels for a favour is such a fun and unique idea and they look adorable all put together in the bags

mermaid764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Your wedding pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to see more. The DIY items are amazing. You are truly talented.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #39
JolllyHoliday
Mouseketeer

I don't post too often, but I always enjoy your trip reports. Congratulations on your marriage. The pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to read more.
JolllyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #40
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Lovely wedding pics.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #41
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Well I hope that Howie Wary Bear is a VERY wary bear, and that he avoids heffalumps and woozles.

I am in awe of all the DIY stuff. Like, seriously. Absolutely in love. I can honestly say from what I've seen so far, it must have turned out absolutely beautiful. It's okay to be the center of attention sometimes.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #42
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I finally made it over!

I love you guys, seriously, you are just so cute! Is it strange that I feel like you are an actual friend even though we haven't met yet?! I loved watching you two go from DBF to DF to DH! So exciting!

Your DIY work on the wedding was awesome! Great job!

BTW, I know EXACTLY how you feel about the wedding, being center of attention. DH & I both hate it and didn't want a wedding, we just wanted a marriage. Unfortunately for me, I'm the only daughter so I got the guilt trip of that but we all had a wonderful time!

Isn't it the best knowing that you will be with your best friend forever?!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #43
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your invitation is adorable! Love it. AHHH JIM AND PAM. They're one of my favorite fictional couples ever.

Those paper flowers are adorable! I love them! I can see why your guests wanted to keep them!

All your favors and DIY projects turned out wonderfully! You're so creative!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #44
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

You're wedding pictures are beautiful and I look forward to reading more about your Disneymoon. My husband and I are taking our Disneymoon in August!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #45
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Subbing! Your story is great, and I am glad you shared it with us!! I'm so happy for you two, it sounds like it's been a long road! Congratulations!
Yay! I'm so glad you're here! It definitely was a long road, but we wouldn't have ended up together had we not been on that road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Your wedding photos are beautiful! You guys looked to be enjoying yourselves the whole time!

I'm glad you were able to work in some personal touches via your DIY projects. Having things that like add something special to the wedding, I think.
Thanks, Bridget! I'm glad I spent the time to do those things. It felt more like MY wedding as opposed to a wedding just to please others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
Wow, that is a lot of stuff to work on before a wedding, PLUS teaching!

Everything looks lovely!
Haha, seriously! People say planning a wedding is like a second job. With teaching, it's like a third job since so much work has to come home too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read more and LOVE hearing about all the details! My DFi and I were separated for about 10 years before we got back together. It's amazing what a little time will do!

You're crafts are amazing! I'm still debating what I'm going to DIY for my wedding, but then I go on Etsy and I'm like, I can pay someone to do it so much better than what I could do . And, BTW, I'm TOTALLY with you on the costs of wedding stuff. I bought my wedding dress off of Ebay and I think annoyed everyone in the process. I'm sorry, I refuse to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on stuff for one day, even if we can afford it.

I always love your TR's 'cause of your honesty and details. Relaxing Disney trips are some of the best! I'm also interested to hear if you enjoyed staying onsite more than off.

I remember reading about your trip to King's Dominion and the Williamsburg, VA area (which is where I happen to live) and it's amazing to keep up with someone (albeit online) and see how their lives grow and change .
WOW, separated for 10 years?!? I'd love to hear that story!

Yeah, we looked on Etsy (that's how I got the idea for the flowers, but the seller charged a TON even though they were BEAUTIFUL!). I think some people are so talented, way more talented than I could ever be. But there's no way I was about to spend THAT much money. Haha, I was willing to make it harder on myself to save money. I look forward to seeing YOU in your dress! I love fellow frugal brides!

There were definitely pros and cons to staying onsite versus offsite!

Aww, I love that you've been my DIS friend for so long! You were seriously there from the START when Howard and I first got back together!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
I totally agree that the wedding should be about the bride, groom and their vows to each other... But completely understand how the parents want to "show off" their children...

I love all your DIY items you did for the wedding!!! Since you couldn't be married at Disney, you did the next best thing ~ bring Disney to your wedding!!!

Wow!!! Your wedding pictures are amazing!!! I cant' wait to see the rest...
I'm sure that when we have our own kids, we'll understand the "showing off" part even more. I just wish they could be happy with "showing off" in a less formal setting, haha.

There were so many other Disneyfied ideas that I wanted to incorporate, but I waited too long to do any of them. Howard and I had wanted to make the seating placecards look like FastPass tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
Haha! Yes, I MUST finish the TR from 2010. I can't believe I let it slip away...but you know how busy the life of a teacher can be.

Now, back to your report...
Love all your DIY/Disney touches, everything looked amazing, but I know how stressful it can be! It can be such a relief when the wedding is over and you can actually enjoy being MARRIED!
I wholeheartedly understand the busy life of a teacher! I really am enjoying the fact that the wedding is over. My "big project" now is getting the apartment all clean and set up! Plus, I have to do thank you cards for gifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Wow your DIY projects turned out amazing.....I definitely think they look like they were worth all the time invested in them.

The chocolate covered pretzels for a favour is such a fun and unique idea and they look adorable all put together in the bags
Thank you! I think our guests were happy about the pretzels as a ceremony favor because a lot of them ate it right away! Guess some people skipped breakfast because the ceremony started so early, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Your wedding pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to see more. The DIY items are amazing. You are truly talented.
Thank you! I hope to one day help other people out with some DIY projects too. That's why I wanted to purposely do them for mine so I could "show off," so to speak, to my friends! I'd like to one day run my own small business with papercraft things (not just geared towards weddings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday View Post
I don't post too often, but I always enjoy your trip reports. Congratulations on your marriage. The pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to read more.
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're here! Even if you don't post often, I'm happy you're here reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Can't wait to hear about your trip! Lovely wedding pics.
Thank you! I can't wait to post more since I have so many new readers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Well I hope that Howie Wary Bear is a VERY wary bear, and that he avoids heffalumps and woozles.

I am in awe of all the DIY stuff. Like, seriously. Absolutely in love. I can honestly say from what I've seen so far, it must have turned out absolutely beautiful. It's okay to be the center of attention sometimes.
Haha, you got it! HWB is still at my parents' house actually! Shocker. I have to bring him here next time I go over along with his other 2 Disney outfits. I bought them in April, and I told the CM, "Yeah, I'm 27, but I still have a bear ..." but she was sweet and was like, "You're never too old for this!"

Thank you! I'm glad I took the time to do the DIY stuff to personalize the day. I guess one day being the center of attention (well 2 including the bridal shower) is doable! I hope there aren't many more though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I finally made it over!

I love you guys, seriously, you are just so cute! Is it strange that I feel like you are an actual friend even though we haven't met yet?! I loved watching you two go from DBF to DF to DH! So exciting!

Your DIY work on the wedding was awesome! Great job!

BTW, I know EXACTLY how you feel about the wedding, being center of attention. DH & I both hate it and didn't want a wedding, we just wanted a marriage. Unfortunately for me, I'm the only daughter so I got the guilt trip of that but we all had a wonderful time!

Isn't it the best knowing that you will be with your best friend forever?!
Absolutely not! I consider you a friend too! Howard reads these comments too, and I was like, that's Jennifer [last name], the one we were supposed to meet last year. He "knows" you too! He remembers the names from Facebook as well. We may not meet anytime soon, but you are definitely a friend of mine!

Ahh, guilt trips. Would it be a wedding without one? My dad did the same thing about the fact that I was the only daughter to walk down the aisle! It was HIS shining moment too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your invitation is adorable! Love it. AHHH JIM AND PAM. They're one of my favorite fictional couples ever.

Those paper flowers are adorable! I love them! I can see why your guests wanted to keep them!

All your favors and DIY projects turned out wonderfully! You're so creative!
RIGHT? Jim and Pam are the absolute best! Howard was the one who got me into watching The Office. When they finally got married on the show, he stopped watching even though I continued (not a fan of the episodes now without Michael Scott though; they're okay, but they're just not the same and not as funny). He said that that's all he needed to know, that they end up together.

Thank you! I think doing papercraft type projects is the only reason why I was able to get through these past 2 school years. I would think about my latest goodies and think about how I could use them when I was feeling stressed out. It gave me something to do other than just sit there and stress because I really become consumed by my latest card when I'm working on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
You're wedding pictures are beautiful and I look forward to reading more about your Disneymoon. My husband and I are taking our Disneymoon in August!
Thank you so much! Ooo, an upcoming Disneymoon; how exciting! Will you be doing a TR too???

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: