Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #331
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Just found your TR last night and read a bunch last night and this morning to get all caught up! I loved the fact that you included your wedding prior to going to Disney - made the story more Disneymoonish... ok, now I'm making up words! I don't think I'll do a good job at figuring out the cropped pictures but I'm loving your TR.

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #332
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Just found your TR last night and read a bunch last night and this morning to get all caught up! I loved the fact that you included your wedding prior to going to Disney - made the story more Disneymoonish... ok, now I'm making up words! I don't think I'll do a good job at figuring out the cropped pictures but I'm loving your TR.
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I like the wedding part too so that I can have a written account of what happened. This TR "forced" me to sit down and write it because otherwise I would've kept pushing it off!

Hope you can join in on the games if you want to!

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (Disneymoon TR in progress)
Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #333
RachelNinja

Weak Sauce Points Scoreboard

Thanks for playing the last 3 rounds! Everyone who played got at least 1 correct, so yay for you guys! Curiouser&curiouser! even got all 3 correct! Just a reminder for the future, please sent me a private message on DIS with your answers. Thanks!

Round 16: Cropped was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (birthday scene) - yay to Curiouser&curiouser! and NeverlandClub23!

Round 17: Cropped was the pre-show for the Studio Backlot Tour - yay to Curiouser&curiouser! and Self_resqing_princz!

Round 18: Cropped was Toy Story Mania when you're about to unload - yay to jane2073, Curiouser&curiouser!, shan23877, Self_resqing_princz, and marDgreen88!

Here's the current scoreboard. Remember, it is possible to get a prize even if you're not in the top 3! A random winner will also be chosen, so don't get discouraged. Get your name up there!

Curiouser&curiouser! - 5
Self_resqing_princz - 4
NeverlandClub23 - 3
shan23877 - 3
jane2073 - 3
kschafer - 3
Jennifer48 - 2
wdwgirl03 - 2
marDgreen88 - 1
therussells08 - 1
Happy Duck - 1

Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #334
RachelNinja

The First Attraction of Our Disneymoon

We boarded the bus to Animal Kingdom at the end of the huge group of people. Since the bus goes to Kidani Village first, there were already people on it. We had to stand near the front, but that wasn't an issue. I think dealing with the commutes while living in NYC prepared us for this. We've both had to travel long distances while standing and carrying heavy books, so this was nothing in comparison.

We left the AKL property ... drove a bit ...

... and then we were there? Wait, what? It's really that quick? Haha, we were there within a like, 2 minutes. I wish I had timed it because I couldn't believe just how quick it was. It was good that for the first bus ride and for the time that we didn't have seats, the travel time was so short.

Even in the walk from the bus stop to the front of the park, you could tell just how different it was in comparison to the other 3 parks with the beautiful greenery. Howard loved the light fixtures too, of course.

I was moving right along to the turnstiles. Haha, there are a lot of photos like this as I tend to walk quickly ahead while Howard takes photos.

We were already feeling the heat. How is that possible? We just started our day! So we made a stop in one of the shops and walked through so that we could decide where to go.

How many of you ahve stopped to take a look at the theming of the shops? It's so insane! There's a lot to look at so that it can get overwhelming with all the colors. I though the camel clothing stand/rack was really cool.

So where did we decide to go for our first attraction? It's Tough To Be A Bug. Yeah, we hit ITTBAB for our first attraction of our honeymoon! Haha, isn't that odd? Our first must do was actually Flame Tree BBQ, so that's why we decided to stay in the area.

We are two happy campers!

The queue was a little different than how it was in April. I guess it was due to something falling from the Tree of Life? Not sure if I made that up, but I remember reading about a limb that had fallen.

The wait time said 5 minutes, so I was wondering why we were so backed up. Then I saw that this tunnel was blocked off. I remember going through it the month before, so I realized that's why the wait time was so short. We didn't have to go around the whole tree, but we went through a different door instead.

I think that as a child, I'd be kind of scared of this pre-show space because of how "underground" it all looks.

And there are all these faces everywhere! Is that the intention or am I just seeing the faces in everything?

In the theater, I prepared myself for all the crazy bombardments that occur! Since we went in April, I remembered all the startling things that occurred so I sat down ... at the edge of my seat! Haha, yes, I am one of those people who gets up off the seat when the bugs buzz your bottoms! And yes, I am only one of those people who closes her nose when the stinkbug comes!

Howard was prepared to take a picture of Flik ... (yeah, in the round of Character Scrambler, I think I spelled it as Flick ... whoops, sorry!).

... and of Hopper. And then I reminded Howard that he wasn't supposed to take pictures in the theater, haha. I get nervous about all those things because it bothers me when people don't follow the rules, so I never want to be one of those people who doesn't. Then we heard that there's no FLASH photography, so technically it was okay since we NEVER use flash on attractions. Sometimes the rules change so that always throws me off. I've heard some CMs in certain attractions say NO photography and others so no FLASH photography, so I still get a little nervous either way.

What makes this show so fantastic is getting to enjoy how everyone else reacts to it! There are bound to be first timers in the crowd, and they scream like crazy, and that just blends into the sounds of all the crying children. Haha, it is a rather terrifying thing to have the huge spiders drop down from the ceiling. I can't wait to go back there with my cousins so that I can watch their reactions too! So even though ITTBAB might not be the star attraction of Animal Kingdom, it definitely has its moments!

Old 08-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #335
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

I love your trip reports! Subbing in!
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #336
jane2073
Mother of an eight-year-old dinosaur expert. :)

I have read almost all of your trip reports and I am really surprised to find out that you like ITtbaB!!
That show freaks me out! I hate the whole Hopper scene. It starts off so innocently and then goes into a nightmarish downfall!

And I never noticed the faces until you said something....now I see them too!
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #337
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

HOORAY, my first Weak Sauce point!!!

Isn't it crazy how close AKL is to AK? When we were on our way to AK last week, I noticed AKL for the first time. I stared at it for a while and then next thing I knew we were entering Animal Kingdom. I was like... well, that was fast...

It's tough to be a bug is a PERFECT first attraction! It's one of my favorites!

Oh, and by the way, you weren't imagining things! Apparently a piece of the Tree of Life did fall! Isn't that freaky?
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #338
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Haha, ITTBAB is a weird first attraction, but I guess it makes sense if you guys wanted to go to Flame Tree! I'm terrified of ITTBAB! I've read so many TR's about the bees stinging you through your seats and I am DEATHLY afraid of bees so I've always avoided it! Maybe I should be brave and finally see it, I mean, it does look cute except for the stinging part...and I guess it's not exactly real...

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #339
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Your wedding photos are beautiful, and I say, if you're going to spend money on something at your wedding, invest in a good photographer! Of course your entire wedding was gorgeous, so that made the photographer's job easy! And your makeup and dress were awesome as well!!!! All in all, a great success, it looks like. And duh, best honeymoon location ever!
catchmeifyoucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #340
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I knew I got one . . . maybe two . . . but I can't believe I got all three right! Cool!

I'm not sure how I feel about It's tough to be a bug. I like it, but then again I know what's coming. I can't decide if we should take DS (who is only almost 3) on it or not. He loves bugs and he isn't very jumpy, but my luck he'll freak!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #341
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

YAY Animal Kingdom!! I just love walking into that park-you're right, it has such a different feeling than the others.

ITTBAB is a good show. We don't do it a lot but it's always amusing when there are first timers in there. Though really I love first timers' reactions on anything!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #342
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

I love It's Tough to be a Bug! First, I LOVE the underground waiting area. I just wish everyone would be quiet so I could hear all the wonderful songs being performed by the insects.

BUT, I'm completely in love with it for terribly selfish reasons. I about die laughing at the reactions of the adults and kids after Hopper comes out. I know that's terrible and I feel awful for the kids, but you see so many parents just breeze right by the warnings never thinking twice until their child is screaming bloody murder in their ear.

I love the very end (before you get to leave your seat ) and, last year, this elderly woman jumped on my fiance's lap when she got "stung" by the hornets/wasps.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #343
RachVH
Mouseketeer

You are a braver woman than me for going on ITTBAB for your first attraction! As you know from reading my PTR, that is on the list of "defintely not doing" for our Disneymoon. I think my DH would go if I wanted to, but I don't think he was too dissapointed when I said no!
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #344
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

I love the entrance theme of DAK. It feels like you are in a forest instead of at WDW. I also love ITTBAB. I am the same way as I dislike the stinging part and the stink bug, I always sit at the edge of my seat and hold my nose (for the stink bug part of course lol) So don't feel bad. I love the pictures that you and your DH took. I can't wait to read more about your honeymoon and see all the pictures that you guys have taken. I will keep tuning in. Take care :-)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #345
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

We love taking our time to look at all the details in AK. Every one of the shops are amazing!

I hear ya about ITTBAB! I can get claustrophobic sometimes and being in the queue bothers me a bit. All those people squished together with their bug eyes on, .

You are right about the branch falling from the Tree of Life. I read about that. Thank goodness no one was standing underneath when it happened! But honestly, if it happens again, is that net going to keep it from falling on anyone?
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: