Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #136
jane2073
Mouseketeer

I think that is outside Muppet Vission 3D. It is that 'sculpture face thing made up of stuff.' Hee hee! That is the best way I can describe it!

I LOVE the Bigfoot garden sculpture!! My daughter and I love all sorts of weird things like that. Last spring break, we took a road trip to Miami and stopped at the Bigfoot research center. Yes, it does exist! I have pictures on Facebook to prove it!
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #137
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Solo Pilot Blues

The title of this update isn't really related to what happened on our travel day. The song sung by Goofy is on the 4 Parks, 1 World CD, and I think it's so odd to be there among all the other park music, haha. Don't mind it!

We checked in and printed out new boarding passes. Howard handled all of that, so I'm glad I didn't have to worry about travel documents on top of everything else I had to take care of. Plus, I didn't want to dwell on the fact that we were going on a HAIR-PAIN! We then went to the line for our baggage to be checked, and we were actually told to go somewhere else to wait. It ended up being an awesome thing because the security checkpoint at the other end wasn't as crowded. I didn't like that there was a woman coughing behind us though. We kept moving up, and she'd inch her way even closer to us. I was so paranoid that we'd get sick! I put the luggage between us, but she was like, insistent on getting as close to us as possible! Haha, um, sorry lady, we don't mean to be grossed out by you, but seriously, step back please!

The security guy who looked at our boarding passes and IDs knew we were on our honeymoon. He said, "I can tell by the look on your faces, especially his face!" Haha, was it obvious that we were just thrilled? I guess most of the people around us leaving from Newark were business people.

When we put our luggage through the scanner, we actually had to put it back through again. I got nervous then as well thinking that there was something in there that shouldn't be there and that we'd have to throw it away (or that we'd be kept from going on our honeymoon ... melodramatic much?). But thankfully, everything was all set, and we popped our shoes on and determined that it was time to get some food! I was hungry and ready to eat especially since we were all checked in.

There were actually a lot of options, but we chose McDonald's. I don't remember the last time I had McD's, and I was definitely in a mood for it! I had a Sausage Egg McMuffin and a hashbrown. Recently, Howard and I bought a ton of English muffins, so I think it's about time I made my own McMuffins (well, minus the Mc) at home! We also have plenty of napkins at home since we only got 3 that morning, haha.

Sorry, I look a little drugged in this photo, haha, but I had to comment that it's my first McD's breakfast (well, first McD's entirely) married! This picture was taken BEFORE I fond an eggshell in my "sammich."

I think Howard had a McGriddle. I remember the first time I had one of those. I could tell it was a million calories, but gosh, it was delicious. Haha, I should make that myself too because pancakes can probably make good "sandwich bread" since waffles do according to Sleepy Hollow at MK!

Howard ordered an OJ, and I ordered hot tea just because I wanted something to help calm my stomach. We were sitting next to a restaurant that wasn't open yet, but I was highly entertained by the decorative sign at the front.

I was very entertained by the lid on my cup of tea. On Sundays, I used to get a cup of "naicha" before I became lactose intolerant (translated to milk tea" from the Chinese bakery near our church). I loved snapping the lip of the lid back into the top. I don't know why I'm so entertained by them, but I really am! The McD's one was like, one of the more awesome ones.

With our bellies full of greasy goodness, we got up to move towards our gate! Yay, it was almost time to go! No ... wait ... why do those little TVs with flight times indicate that our flight is DELAYED?!? Oh no!!! I tweeted:

Flight was delayed so instead of leaving at 7:54, we are hoping to leave at 9:45. Though it's an inconvenience, we'd much rather be safe!

I really would much rather be safe. It ended up that the pilot wasn't there yet. He was still in Washington, DC, so there was no way we'd be leaving any time soon. I was half okay with it because it was foggy out, and I was hoping it'd burn off as time passed, but I was also half un-okay (yes, I make up words, don't you?) with it because I just wanted to get on the plane and get it over with! The anticipation is sometimes worse! We sat at a gate across from ours because ours was filled to the brim with people. We thought we'd be able to go online, but there was a cost involved, so we nixed that idea. I sat and started writing some thoughts down about the wedding instead.

Oh airport, I'll be seeing you for a while!

This was actually the first time that I was on Howard's laptop. We both had netbooks, but apparently he traded it in to get a laptop instead. It was fun having a new "toy" to play with while waiting. Howard also had a new toy too. He bought a new lens for his DSLR, so he was taking a lot of pictures to test out settings and such.

He was admiring my cup of tea that I still had not finished.

I was probably tweeting at this point! Here are the other things I tweeted while we were waiting and trying to kill time.

Why did a guy just say there's a hurricane in PR that could affect the weather in Orl? Good thing Disney controls the weather.

Howard decided to go for a walk and snap some pictures. I decided to tweet some more because it was my only internet access.

One of my tweets was "NO DICE!" There was a mom with her parents and 2 kids who were wearing shirts that made me think, "Are they DISers?!?" Haha, I know it's easy to buy any of those shirts on Etsy or just make them yourself, but I know that's my immediate thought! Anyway, the mom was looking around for one of the plugs to charge her phone, but they were all being used. Later when someone left, I tapped her on the shoulder to tell her it was available. She also found a phone there and returned it to someone at the gate, and then the man came back and gratefully retrieved it when he found out the lady had handed it in. Of course, what I'm describing to you has nothing to do with the "No dice" thing, haha. That just happened to be her phrase. When things didn't work out (like the pilot not being there and the fact that we weren't leaving any time soon), she would say, "No dice!" Howard and I started using that at times during our honeymoon!

I was happy that at least there was a lot of space. I remember waiting in a super small airport in the past, and I was going crazy! It was nice that there were options for food too.

Are we still delayed? Yes, we are.

Is that our plane? Um, I don't know. Howard took it. Haha.

At one point, the mom was asking her kids if they wanted a smoothie. I thought that was funny because in my family growing up (and Howard's), we would never been asked that question because it would've meant spending money! Haha. And we wouldn't have even thought to ask either! I guess it's really different growing up in Chinese households. She also said something else that was funny. Her kids kept looking out the window at the plane, so she said, "I want to take a picture with my two mices ... my two meese."

Gotta love the moving sidewalks!

Still have time to wait.

We joked about this store because it looked so much like Duffy! We started calling this store "Duh-free" like Duffy, and then trying to figure out if it was "Doo-free." We apparently had a TON of time on our hands!

Wonder if this place really did have GR8 FOOD.

The place sure looked cute with the 50s diner vibe! I can imagine Guy Fieri coming here to say, "I'm rollin' up ..." Howard and I say that line rather often too because we're fans of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

Once Howard returned, I went to the bathroom. I had to wait a bit because there were a lot of moms with their children, but only a few stalls were being used at the time. I tweeted when I got back:

I guess a lot of women need to poop in airports because there was quite a line!

HF and I are staring men down and wondering, "Are you the pilot?"

This would have been a good time to read through The Hunger Games or all of Harry Potter.

I love looking over to see a ring on my husband's finger! (his 3rd finger)

(continued in next post)

I have that same shirt! I plan on bringing it for our Disneymoon in August! I think it's boring sitting in the airport.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated Must Do's on Trip! 7/25*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #138
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Tough one...I have no idea...a sculpture for Laugh Floor Comedy Club?

I do not like flying, neither does DH...so we drive.

Skymall looks very entertaining though...especially the Bigfoot statue.

You made it to Florida, Yay!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Cinderella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #139
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Dang it! I don't know what the picture was and I was too late for the character scramble, though I DID figure it out and it was fun!! I might have to start doing games on my PTR/TR to encourage more posts. I like to pretend that hundreds are reading and just not posting

I HATE flight delays, it drives me insane!

I also always wonder if certain people are on DIS when I see them in airports. I never go ask them because I don't want them to feel like I am stalking them!

Glad you made it to MCO in once piece!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #140
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

My guess is Muppetvision? The blue fuzzy thing is throwing me off.

I love SkyMall! It's so fun to look at all the silly kitschy things in there, and I almost always find something that my little brother would love!

Sounds like you arrived safely, interested to see if you found the ME with no hassles-I always get lost.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #141
729tink
Earning My Ears

Yay updates! and games! I was going to put my guesses in, but it looks like I was too late. I'll chime in next time. Did you give the cropped answer yet? It looks like something from DHS near muppetvision, but I think thats already been guessed. I would read the report even if there were no games though. Can't wait till you get to the good parts (aside from getting married and all lol)

30 trips under my belt and always planning the next!
Me 30
DH 29
DS 1
729tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #142
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Yippee! You are finally in Orlando!!

My Cropped Quess: Part of one of the floats in the Pixar Pals Countdown to fun Parade at Hollywood Studios
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #143
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:

Ooo, how did you end up storing the cake? I've read bad stories of like, cake that wasn't properly stored that gave it that freezer burn taste. It worked out for us anyway because our fridge is SMALL. We have no room for ANYTHING, and we can't afford to have the cake in there too!
If I can remember correctly we wrapped it in aluminum foil, then plastic wrap and then put it in a large freezer bag. It was just as delicious! It did take up a lot of space though so I understand how it wouldn't fit in your freezer if space is limited.

This is why I love your TRs so much. You really take us on a journey with all your "random" photos and thinkings that occurred. So much fun!
Seriously, I love SkyMall. DH & I always pick out random things we say we are going to buy one day when we have an abundance of money .

Cropped: I know this one! Its right outside MuppetVision 3D and it says something like "do not look up" or something to that effect. Darn I wish I could remember what it says!

Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #144
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Wow! So many great updates - I feel like I was actually at your wedding! Beautiful pictures! The dancing looked like so much fun! Thanks again for sharing with us!

I'm going to have to stay on top of you TR if I want a chance at any points, lol!

The kids always want to fly to Disney, but it's so much cheaper for the 4 of us to drive. I'm glad your pilot finally arrived and flew you safely to Orlando!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Bridora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #145
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Lol I got a kick out of this update because I had no idea that there was something called Skymall and the products were hilarious, I can definitely see why that was entertaining too you.

I'm gonna guess Journey into your imagination although I honestly have no idea on this one

mermaid764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #146
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Hmmmm...Toy Story Mania? (I'm really bad at guessing games )

I think it's funny what you said earlier about the smoothie thing. I would NEVER expect to get anything when we were out anywhere when I was a kid (and was never asked what I preferred or wanted on the off chance anything was ever purchased ). Heck, when my Mom made us our lunches, she would take twin wrapped Little Debbie cakes and separate them so my brother and I both had one. It's funny now, like when we go to WDW or Busch Gardens and I buy a treat and I'm so excited that it's all mine and I don't have to share .

I hate flying! I've flown so much (I dated someone for two years long distance and flew almost every weekend. Yuck.) and have always hated it. I'm not afraid of anything, I just hate having zero control over my luggage, eating/drinking, and when I'm able to get anywhere (worst ever: I was stuck in a layover at the Boston airport for 12 hours and couldn't go anywhere because my flight kept getting delayed for just an hour at a time and you had to go out through security to get to the food areas). I tried to convince my fiance to take the Amtrak down to Florida (because we drove last year [well my parents did, we just rode] and he said it was so long and boring), but he's all about the fastest way to get anywhere.
It does seem wacky to be part of TSM, but that's not where the picture was taken. Good guess!

Haha, we totally grew up the same way. No WAY would we have gotten snacks as kids! And there were times I wanted stuff, but I knew better than to ask. I didn't feel like I was deprived or anything though. It just seemed very frugal and practical. Why buy a drink when we had drinks in the cooler in the car? Haha, stuff like that. And the snack thing at theme parks? Oh man, that's EXACTLY how I feel! My mom still doesn't like getting snacks and such, so like when we went to get dole whip floats, I bought one for her too because I knew she wouldn't want to get it herself. At WDW, I'm willing to spend the money to enjoy my time (well, at least on snacks that you know you can't get elsewhere!).

Yeah, I worry about luggage stuff too! That's why I do "enjoy" driving because when we're hungry, we stop. It's kinda a lot easier to deal with mentally even though the ride itself is crazy long. Amtrak was fun though because there was no time that I HAD to stay awake (like keeping Howard company while it was turn to drive). It was LONG though, but I think it's still a great option to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I think that is outside Muppet Vission 3D. It is that 'sculpture face thing made up of stuff.' Hee hee! That is the best way I can describe it!

I LOVE the Bigfoot garden sculpture!! My daughter and I love all sorts of weird things like that. Last spring break, we took a road trip to Miami and stopped at the Bigfoot research center. Yes, it does exist! I have pictures on Facebook to prove it!
You are correct! Woohoo, you got a weak sauce point!

Haha, you and my brother would get along so well! that sounds like something that he would want to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
I have that same shirt! I plan on bringing it for our Disneymoon in August! I think it's boring sitting in the airport.
I love that shirt! I bought it a while ago, but I wasn't sure if I should wear it before I got married. But then I figured, I AM going to live happily ever after, so why not?!? I like that it's not crazy Disney because my other shirts with Mickey and Minnie on them are! It works for my dress down days at work (not to say that I haven't worn my Mickey and Minnie ones to work too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
Tough one...I have no idea...a sculpture for Laugh Floor Comedy Club?

I do not like flying, neither does DH...so we drive.

Skymall looks very entertaining though...especially the Bigfoot statue.

You made it to Florida, Yay!
Good guess with Laugh Floor! It's not where this picture was taken though.

I'd totally drive every time except for the fact that it takes FOREVER, and it always cuts into our actual vacation time. It'd take like, a day and a half to get there and another day and a half to get back so instead of enjoying our honeymoon or vacation, we'd be in the car for 3 days. I wasn't going to take off work and provide lesson plans for 3 days of driving so I just HAD to suck it up and get on that plane!

Haha yeah, SkyMall is one of the more interesting catalogs to flip through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Dang it! I don't know what the picture was and I was too late for the character scramble, though I DID figure it out and it was fun!! I might have to start doing games on my PTR/TR to encourage more posts. I like to pretend that hundreds are reading and just not posting

I HATE flight delays, it drives me insane!

I also always wonder if certain people are on DIS when I see them in airports. I never go ask them because I don't want them to feel like I am stalking them!

Glad you made it to MCO in once piece!
Haha, I think the same way you do. I like to pretend there are tons of people following my TRs! I do follow a LOT more TRs than I actually comment on (about 2x as many TRs that I don't write on) just because I don't have the time to keep up to date. I read them when I can and bookmark it on the page I get up to. I tried to subscribe to your blog, but I can't figure out how (like the follow button or Google friends?).

Yeah, unless a flight delay gets me out of work or something, then I don't want to deal with it, haha. It was interesting looking at all the people going to Orlando and wondering where they were staying. The family I was watching put on their ME tickets on their luggage while we were waiting there (I don't know why they were doing it there since they weren't going to check them in or anything). I wanted to peer over to see where they were staying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
My guess is Muppetvision? The blue fuzzy thing is throwing me off.

I love SkyMall! It's so fun to look at all the silly kitschy things in there, and I almost always find something that my little brother would love!

Sounds like you arrived safely, interested to see if you found the ME with no hassles-I always get lost.
You made a correct guess! Good job!

Looking at SkyMall is way more fun when you have someone to laugh with and point out the most ridiculous products! It's the kind of catalog that makes you think you need something even though you've been living perfectly fine without it all this time!

Haha, I was so worried about getting lost while looking for ME because I read about it ALL the time on people's TRs, but you'll have to stay tuned to see if we make it there easily or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 729tink View Post
Yay updates! and games! I was going to put my guesses in, but it looks like I was too late. I'll chime in next time. Did you give the cropped answer yet? It looks like something from DHS near muppetvision, but I think thats already been guessed. I would read the report even if there were no games though. Can't wait till you get to the good parts (aside from getting married and all lol)
I hope you get a chance to guess at an answer to get some weak sauce points! Yup, it is Muppet Vision! I didn't post the latest scoreboard yet. We'll be on property very soon! Haha, I do have an update in the airport and then one on ME so it might be a few updates from now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Yippee! You are finally in Orlando!!

My Cropped Quess: Part of one of the floats in the Pixar Pals Countdown to fun Parade at Hollywood Studios
I don't remember the last time we got Orlando so quickly! Haha, in my old TRs, it usually takes a couple of updates before we get to Florida because I take pictures during the whole ride from NY to FL!

Ooo, good guess! I actually haven't officially seen the parade at Hollywood Studios. I really should because it'd be so cute to see all the Pixar characters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
If I can remember correctly we wrapped it in aluminum foil, then plastic wrap and then put it in a large freezer bag. It was just as delicious! It did take up a lot of space though so I understand how it wouldn't fit in your freezer if space is limited.

This is why I love your TRs so much. You really take us on a journey with all your "random" photos and thinkings that occurred. So much fun!
Seriously, I love SkyMall. DH & I always pick out random things we say we are going to buy one day when we have an abundance of money .

Cropped: I know this one! Its right outside MuppetVision 3D and it says something like "do not look up" or something to that effect. Darn I wish I could remember what it says!
Ooo, all those layers make sense! Glad it worked out for your cake! I think when our one year anniversary comes, we'll just have to go buy a cake. You know, since we couldn't save ours. Mmm, more cake. HAHA.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy my TRs. I don't quite know why I think it's so important to share all my thoughts about products in SkyMall, but it interests me, so I think it might interest others too! Haha, I guess it does!

Correct! It is from Muppet Vision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Wow! So many great updates - I feel like I was actually at your wedding! Beautiful pictures! The dancing looked like so much fun! Thanks again for sharing with us!

I'm going to have to stay on top of you TR if I want a chance at any points, lol!

The kids always want to fly to Disney, but it's so much cheaper for the 4 of us to drive. I'm glad your pilot finally arrived and flew you safely to Orlando!
Thank you, and you're welcome! I once said to Howard that it'd be way more fun to have my DIS friends at the wedding instead of a lot of the people that were actually there. Haha, I know that's bad, but I know a lot of you guys more than I know his relatives who live in Canada, Texas, and Hong Kong!

There are advantages to driving too. I like having the freedom to go off property to get yummy food for a lot cheaper! Howard and I were talking about our next trip if we were to ever stay on property again. We'd probably want to rent a car too to get to restaurants. We LOVE Sanaa now, and we can't imagine having to deal with all the buses just to get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Lol I got a kick out of this update because I had no idea that there was something called Skymall and the products were hilarious, I can definitely see why that was entertaining too you.

I'm gonna guess Journey into your imagination although I honestly have no idea on this one
Haha, you are missing out on SkyMall!!! They have a website, but there's just something about taking a look at all the wacky products as a distraction on the actual airplane.

It's not Journey to Imagination, but good guess!

Weak Sauce Points Scoreboard

I realized I should post the full photo when someone gets the answer to Cropped so you have a better idea of what part of WDW we were in! This is the full photo for Round 1 when the answer was Backlot Studios Tour.

Round 3: Cropped was OUTSIDE OF MUPPET VISION 3-D - yay to jane2073!
I'm sure most of you have seen this wacky thing over the fence. I remember the first time I saw it, I was so entertained by it because it was right behind Streets of America! I'm still learning a lot about the DHS details. As a hint, the next Cropped that I post will NO be from DHS!

jane2073 - 1
wdwgirl03 - 1
Happy Duck - 1
shan23877 - 1

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #147
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

So glad you finally made it there safely. I have no guess on the picture. I am really bad at games. I also wanted to add I really enjoy the details you are putting in your report. It really is fun to read.

Can't wait to hear what happens next; food or straight to the resort? Can't wait to find out.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #148
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
I didn't feel like I was deprived or anything though.
Exactly! I think I appreciate those things now because of how I was raised. Things and treats feel more special and I think I will ALWAYS look at $5 like it's a lot of money. Plus, it's just the way it was, so it wasn't like I knew any different, I thought all kids lived the same as I did.

My fiance recently went on a quick overnight trip to SC and brought me back the SkyMall magazine . He knows the way to my heart! One of the coolest things I ever wanted in Sky Mall was a framed picture of the night sky on an exact date, like a wedding date or birthday.

One of the things that always cracks me up in Sky Mall is the big triangle pillow thing you can lean forward and sleep on while flying. I think I would crack up if I ever sat beside someone who pulled one out and start blowing it up.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #149
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
So glad you finally made it there safely. I have no guess on the picture. I am really bad at games. I also wanted to add I really enjoy the details you are putting in your report. It really is fun to read.

Can't wait to hear what happens next; food or straight to the resort? Can't wait to find out.
Hopefully you can enjoy the other games! I'll be posting a round of Character Scrambler in my next update!

I'm glad you like all the details! It takes me some time to write the updates, and I like putting down as much as I can remember. You'll find out what happened after we landed in the next post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Exactly! I think I appreciate those things now because of how I was raised. Things and treats feel more special and I think I will ALWAYS look at $5 like it's a lot of money. Plus, it's just the way it was, so it wasn't like I knew any different, I thought all kids lived the same as I did.

My fiance recently went on a quick overnight trip to SC and brought me back the SkyMall magazine . He knows the way to my heart! One of the coolest things I ever wanted in Sky Mall was a framed picture of the night sky on an exact date, like a wedding date or birthday.

One of the things that always cracks me up in Sky Mall is the big triangle pillow thing you can lean forward and sleep on while flying. I think I would crack up if I ever sat beside someone who pulled one out and start blowing it up.
I agree! I do think that $5 is a lot of money! When my students spend their money in the vending machine, I just cringe. They'll spend maybe like, $1.50-$2 for a drink and a snack, and I keep thinking (and sometimes say to them), "Just bring your own drink and snack!!!" I relate everything to crafting, and I know what I can get for $1!!! Of course, if they have the money, it's because their parents give it to them or they have it from birthdays or whatever, so I can't really do anything about it. It just baffles my mind! But then again, some parents end up getting their kids the latest phones and gadgets so what's $1.50 to the kids?

HAHA, I had to tell Howard about your fiance getting you the copy of SkyMall! We both also remember that triangle pillow! I had said it'd be so funny if that guy got either the aisle seat or the middle seat. Which way do you face?!? I mean, when you fall asleep leaning back on your chair, you're not forcing anyone to look at you, but that pillow puts you on display for all to see! Hilarious!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #150
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Ugh, so annoyed because I just lost my whole typed out reply. Okay, here goes again.

I was a bit flabbergasted to find that when I logged on and decided to try catching up on your TR, thinking it wouldn't be too bad since there was only 10 pages, I had no idea how many updates you had posted. Crazy.

Here comes the comments (again)

Love all the wedding photos. Perfection. Looks like it was still a wonderful day and a beautiful ceremony, even though you didn't want all the attention. Looks like it turned out fun.

Love, love, love the Luke & Lorelai shout out on the invitation. Speaking of GG, do you watch the new show Bunheads on ABC Family? Reminds me a lot of GG. And do you know that the show Hart of Dixie on the CW uses the Stars Hollow set?

Love the fuchsia flats. So cute and they look comfy. Love it.

You are amazingly talented with your crafty skills. I know who I am coming to if I need something cute like that.

Wedding woes - I sympathize. I know how hard it was to juggle having the things you want with the things the families wanted. I knew there were just certain things that I couldn't avoid with his family. They are very traditional.

Homemade Egg Mcmuffins are yummy. As a matter of fact, I think I now need to get some English muffins for breakfast to make that soon.

your airplane story is why I like to travel Jet Blue. Built in TVs and snacks galore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: