Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Swimming in Novemeber?

Hi all! Me and my DH are currently planning a vacation for Thanksgiving week. Crazy, I know.

We are thinking about doing a "down" day at the resort on Thanksgiving day to avoid the parks a bit. I would love to get some opinions on swimming during this time of year.

Any thoughts would be helpful!

COMPLETED TR: WDW Veterans and the Trip of Firsts! There's a First Time For Everything.

Past WDW Trips: Multiple During Childhood, Stayed Offsite/2006, Stayed Offsite/2007, POP/2010, Daytrip/2010, BLT/2012, CS/2013
stimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

We've gone swimming at WDW in November and January. The pools are heated, so it's just a matter of staying warm when you're out of the water.

I even took my 3 month old into one of the quiet pools at CBR during our November trip.

The weather at WDW varies a lot during the "winter" so if warm weather is crucial to your swimming plans, I would have a back up plan.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

We always go in early November and usually get one pool day. Even if we find it too cool to swim sometimes it's just nice to have a day by the pool with your feet in.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
iambrink
Mouseketeer

If you are staying on Disney, the pools are perfect that time of year...it's the air temp that may be cold. we were there a couple of years ago for two weeks and spent the first week (Thanksgiving week) offsite and the pool was not heated. it was freezing. when we moved to POFQ for the second week, it was wonderful.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
scootch
DIS Veteran

We too almost always swim in November(have gone like 8 Novembers) Occasionally you it will get downright cold(needed our PIttsburgh coats and a blanket!)... but it doesn't last when it gets that cold, a day or two... Most times we have shorts/hoodie to start the day, get rid of hoodie by 11... then jeans as soon as it gets dark(6pm!) Day temps 75-85.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Yes absolutely the pools are heated to 79 deg, the only thing I would say is bring a HUGE towel for when you get out!!!!!! we have swam in Nov and Jan..no problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
TravelAgentJen
Thats what my fam calls me

I've been in november and we were not at hotel during the day but in the early + late evening and morning it was too cold for us. We did enjoy the hot tub every night....
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

We went 1st week of Nov 2008-- it was chilly (low 60's) and grey all week. Great for standing in line, not so great for swimming. My kids are swimmers and pushed through and swam a few times, but it was more of a swim, wrap in a towel and run to your room, not sit by the pool and dry off kind of weather. It's a toss up-- it can be hot- it can be chilly. We went the previous year in mid Oct and it was blazing hot and so humid... you know.. felt like FL. I guess the question is do you want to be comfy by the pool (hot) or comfy in line. My DH is the latter I am a more of an inbetween person- I would have liked one hot swim day. ETA: We live in a colder climate-- Northeast and it was chilly for us who are acclimated to chillier weather.
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: