Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #256
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylbug View Post
Ok guys I could really use some help...How do you condition your body to the differences in the time zone changes? I have to admit I'm a person who loves her sleep so I go to bed fairly early here at home. I want to really enjoy the trip without being so tired so what can I do to prepare myself for late nights in Cali? Any help you can give is very much appreciated!
I typically exhaust myself (and my family) on every trip we go on. I like to see and do everything there is to see and do because you never know if you will get back to that location again. Although we have been to southern CA before, there's still a lot I want to do there in a short amount of time. I'm much more of a morning person than night so it will probably be relatively early to bed and early to rise. Can't wait!

Pete, do you know why the Mickey balloon in my ticker doesn't move???

Lisa
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #257
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Disney View Post
Lisa
I'm not Pete (you knew that) but it appears that it has moved slightly. The way these tickers work, the pointer start at the very left edge on the day you set it up and then moves incrementally to the right as your date gets closer. Looking at your pointer it's not at the left margin but is close so I'm guessing you set it up fairly recently.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #258
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'm not Pete (you knew that) but it appears that it has moved slightly. The way these tickers work, the pointer start at the very left edge on the day you set it up and then moves incrementally to the right as your date gets closer. Looking at your pointer it's not at the left margin but is close so I'm guessing you set it up fairly recently.
Duh! You're so right Jeff, that makes perfect sense now, thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #259
Cherylbug
Mouseketeer

Thank you guys for your advice! Sorry I didn't get back on here sooner...life gets in the way sometimes. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I am looking forward to meeting you all real soon!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #260
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lisa
Quote:
Right, it's traverse of the ticker is based on when you started it to the final date. Therefore, my "ticker" has moved farther along than yours because I started it earlier. For this reason, the actual track part is kind of useless and I never look at it. I only look at the "Four months, three weeks, 2 days" part.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #261
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I posted my excitement on Facebook, but I'm sharing it here.

I put myself on the wait list to extend the trip 2 days at the end at DVC at the Grand Californian Villas. If you're not familiar with DVC, any resort that isn't your "home" resort, your booking window is 7 months out.

I called DVC Member Services at the 7 month window and wasn't surprised there were no Studios available. No 1 bedrooms availalble. I asked to be put on two wait lists. One Studio, one 1 BR. I discovered about a week or two ago that the cast member put me on two lists, but both as Studios. I had the cast member change the wait list to my original request.

I really wasn't optimistic, but this morning I noticed that my wait list has come through!!

So yes, I have a couple nights tacked on in a Studio at the Grand California Villas. Woohoo! I was able to cancel my "safety net" reservation at the Tropicana Inn, and the money can now go against the super-expensive flights to CA I've been seeing.

I'm very happy that I don't have to move resorts after the trip is over. I have to arrange my own shuttle back to the airport, but it's not like I haven't done that before.

I'm just so excited that I had to share!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #262
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Congratulations on that wait-list. Good score!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #263
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

We were also on the wait list for the last 2 days. It came through about a month ago.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #264
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Good on ya! Get the feeling DVC will be full of BSM Disers come June 15th!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #265
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I posted my excitement on Facebook, but I'm sharing it here.

I put myself on the wait list to extend the trip 2 days at the end at DVC at the Grand Californian Villas. If you're not familiar with DVC, any resort that isn't your "home" resort, your booking window is 7 months out.

I called DVC Member Services at the 7 month window and wasn't surprised there were no Studios available. No 1 bedrooms availalble. I asked to be put on two wait lists. One Studio, one 1 BR. I discovered about a week or two ago that the cast member put me on two lists, but both as Studios. I had the cast member change the wait list to my original request.

I really wasn't optimistic, but this morning I noticed that my wait list has come through!!

So yes, I have a couple nights tacked on in a Studio at the Grand California Villas. Woohoo! I was able to cancel my "safety net" reservation at the Tropicana Inn, and the money can now go against the super-expensive flights to CA I've been seeing.

I'm very happy that I don't have to move resorts after the trip is over. I have to arrange my own shuttle back to the airport, but it's not like I haven't done that before.

Thats fantastic - well done

Just as aside - Christine and I are big baseball fans (sorry SP - not hockey unfortunately) and cause we are lucky enough to be staying another 10 days we are going to see if we can tickets to a game at the Angels stadium. Fingers crossed we can do it.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #266
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Congratulations on that wait-list. Good score!
Thanks, Jeff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
We were also on the wait list for the last 2 days. It came through about a month ago.
Same with Melanie and Eric. I had very little hope I'd get anything when I found out the cast member goofed for a couple months! That's what makes me extra excited that it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Good on ya! Get the feeling DVC will be full of BSM Disers come June 15th!
I hope you mean June 14th, as that's check out day at the regular hotel! I booked the 14th-16th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post

Just as aside - Christine and I are big baseball fans (sorry SP - not hockey unfortunately) and cause we are lucky enough to be staying another 10 days we are going to see if we can tickets to a game at the Angels stadium. Fingers crossed we can do it.
Thanks! Hope you get your tickets.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #267
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post

Your only restriction should be assuming they are the home team at some point in those 10 days. Getting tickets for a early season baseball game is not difficult at all unless it's in Boston.

It's a good thing you don't want hockey tickets, as at that point assuming the Ducks or the Kings are still playing, the tickets will be in the $200-500 per person range at a guess.

Quote:
I hope you mean June 14th, as that's check out day at the regular hotel! I booked the 14th-16th.
Yeah, I know that's check out, but since we'll all technically still be there June 14th, I went with the next day in my comment. Seems like we will be one of the few moving over to non-Disney June 14th, but we are also leaving June 15th, so I don't feel too bad. I can handle "roughing it" one day.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #268
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Anyone interested in doing the landscaping tour on Saturday? It's 2 hours and sounds interesting.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #269
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Toni, looks like the Angels 2013 schedule is posted on line. I was hoping the Red Sox might be in town but no, it's the Yankees.

Landscaping tour? I'll have to look into that.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #270
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Toni, looks like the Angels 2013 schedule is posted on line. I was hoping the Red Sox might be in town but no, it's the Yankees.

Landscaping tour? I'll have to look into that.
Wow - thank you so much. I will check that out.

Hate to say it but the Yankees are the team I follow so that is so exciting if I can get to see them there.

Cheers

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: