Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #1171
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose
yikes! i didn't know so many of the resorts were booked! i am going feb 2-8 so i hope it's not crazy during that time. the time we chose was in large part due to it being less busy, since the only other time we've been is the first week in july and it was crowded and ridiculously hot! i'm keeping my fingers crossed for low crowds and sunny weather!
The first week of February is not that busy. Things start to pick up on the 15th and it gets worst as President Week arrives. We should be safe, our dates have mostly 3 to 5 crowd wise.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #1172
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

How is the last week of Feb usually for both crowds and weather?? My dates are Feb 24-Mar 4.
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #1173
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
Howdy y'all!

I am hoping to visit in February. Will be working a ton of overtime including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to pay for it. My only other Disney World visit was Feb 1988. Went solo, flew in with tent, stated at Fort Wilderness. Two days Epcot, two days Magic Kingdom, one day canoing and doing discovery island.

Hubby has not been in about 40 yrs. Stopped at MK on way to watch a space launch, only had 8 hours in park before they had to go.

Did DL several times as child in 60s-70's when I lived in CA

Am so excited!! Hope to do stay play dine with quickservice. I am researcher type, but not extreme planner. We stay POP, will do Epcot first evening, eat and watch illuminations, and do whatever. (We both are science and history of tech types, so hubby will enjoy Spaceship Earth and such as well as the thrill rides. Super Bowl Sunday we will get to Magic Kingdom early and do Big Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain early, then start seeing whatever strikes hubby's fancy. Will get in monorail about lunchtime and ride it to contemporary (hubby wants to ride through building on monorail, then ride to epcot and back to TTC to return. Hoping to do the new Fantasyland rides after everyone leaves to watch the silly game. (Not sports types).

Only doing a couple ADRs, just coral reef since i enjoyed it so much in 88. Love watching my dinner swim by. And Sci Fi Diner because hubby is huge film buff and loves drive-ins.

Must sleep now. Got home from working on my day off. Thinking of WDW

Katie from Austin
hope you get to go!! I'm going the same week with my DH and we haven't been in over 10 years. I've been saving for almost a year, got a 2nd part time job for more money, but haven't saved since then!! spending it all!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #1174
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Not working today because of the snowstorm. So i'm missing out on my Disney money! DH is working overtime but his extra money isn't going to Disney what's up with that? At least my dogs are outside in Heaven, loving the snow!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #1175
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences
How is the last week of Feb usually for both crowds and weather?? My dates are Feb 24-Mar 4.
I hope this is true we leave on the 14th
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #1176
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

Thanks for the replies on why it's so busy those first couple of weeks! I've managed to book 5 separate resort reservations because I couldn't get one for the full 2 weeks I'm there. It will certainly be interesting!
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp - Got engaged in Epcot!
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #1177
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Say hi to the snow for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharliegirl View Post
Not working today because of the snowstorm. So i'm missing out on my Disney money! DH is working overtime but his extra money isn't going to Disney what's up with that? At least my dogs are outside in Heaven, loving the snow!
I left the snow behind when I moved to Texas from Wisconsin in 94. Love to look at it. Hate shivering and shoveling. Love to make snow horses though. Can't do that here we get a trace every few years. Selling my beloved 250 cc scooter this week. That plus overtime last few weeks should just cover the value play stay dine in time for the dec 31 cutoff. Might have to skip the quickservice plan if I don't get enough for bike. I haven't gone to Disney for lack of love, just lack of money! Hubby not the camper type so fort wilderness is out. We both want to stay on property as there is no possibility of rental car.

We will frequently split quick service meals. (He is skinny but fast greyhound type...needs frequent calories but not huge amounts.). Both adventurous diners. On our list:
ADR: Sci Fi Diner on Mon 2/4 at 4:45 so we can see Fantasmic after
Coral Reef Weds 7:35
QS: Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Tangeriene (lamb!) , the Japanese udon place Katsura?
MK: Columbia Harbour, Be Our Guest at opening lunch time, Gaston's (must split pork shank with hubby, meal plan or no)
Contemporary: contempo cafe on our monorail trip.
HS: starring rolls and probably sit in writers place having coffee and resting
AK: flame tree BBQ
Downtown Disney (since AK closes at five that day we will check out DD): Cookes of Dublin (more lamb!)
And lots of coffee and breakfasts at Pop Century. I want that tie dye cheesecake! colorful!
Time for my 5 k walk. Trying to stay in shape despite the desk job!
also need to show scooter to prospective buyer.
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #1178
eeyorefan107
Mouseketeer

Changed my ADR's.....again!

Well, this is the third time I've changed our ADR's for our trip 2/1-2/9. Now our list looks like this:

2/1 Arrival day/DTD We'll probably grab a quick service meal that night.
2/2 DHS/Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic! package
2/3 MK/Crystal Palace w/Pooh and Friends for breakfast
2/4 Rest day/Boatwright's Dining Hall for dinner
2/5 Water park day/Coral Reef Restaurant for dinner
2/6 US/IOA Chef Mickey's for breakfast
2/7 Epcot/Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast, Biergarten for dinner
2/8 AK/Tusker House for breakfast

This is hopefully the last time I do this before we go. yeah right!

Counting down the days until our next Disney Trip!!

eeyorefan107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #1179
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Question: I just read today that the pool slide at Uzima pool at AKL will be closed the week we are there ( it opens the day we come home!). Will we be allowed to use the pool & slide at AKL Villas? I *think* they are DVC, but I'm not sure if that matters. Is it considered a different resort/ hence we can't use the pool?? And.... Is the pool on the Kidani side a decent one that older kids will enjoy?

TIA.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1180
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog
Question: I just read today that the pool slide at Uzima pool at AKL will be closed the week we are there ( it opens the day we come home!). Will we be allowed to use the pool & slide at AKL Villas? I *think* they are DVC, but I'm not sure if that matters. Is it considered a different resort/ hence we can't use the pool?? And.... Is the pool on the Kidani side a decent one that older kids will enjoy?

TIA.
Geez, maybe I'm losing it. Maybe there is only one pool & slide at AKL. I just checked a map and only see one. I feel clueless - never stayed there before and feel lost already & were not even there yet ;-)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #1181
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

plan...for now

So we are traveling Feb 23-Mar2 and celebrating DD's 7th birthday. It will be myself, DH, DD, DM, MIL, and FIL. We are staying at POR, hopefully in AB.

So far my plan is this:
23 - Arrival day; MK; ADR at Tony's but OOP so may change to CS
24 - AK; dinner ADR at Boma (can't wait!)
25 - Epcot; dinner ADR at Akershus
26 - MK; DD's Birthday; dinner ADR at CRT (sssh, it's a surprise )
27 - rest day; DTD; no ADR so meals are OOP
28 - no park chosen yet, but probably MK; dinner ADR at O'hana
1 - DHS; dinner ADR at 50's Prime Time
2 - Departure day; breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's; MK for a few hours

Our flight arrives in Orlando on the 23 at 9am and leaves on the 2nd at 7pm.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1182
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog

Geez, maybe I'm losing it. Maybe there is only one pool & slide at AKL. I just checked a map and only see one. I feel clueless - never stayed there before and feel lost already & were not even there yet ;-)
There are definitely two pools at AKL (one at Kidani and other at Jambo). The slide question I can't answer since it was in the 30s for most of our trip in Feb. 2010. However, in my exploring I did see a great water cannon/play area at the Kidani pool. It is a great resort!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #1183
littlelulu3
Earning My Ears

Smile So Excited!!! Hurry up February!!!

I have just recieved comfirmation from my wonderful hubby that we are going back to Disney World in February 2013!!! We have been the last 2 years in January and were not sure if we would be able to go this coming year or not. But dreams really do come true....Disney World here we come!!!! I have already made our reservations at POR for Feb 7th-Feb 12th!!!! And already have our ADR as well!!! We are not telling the kids until Christmas morning as an added Christmas surprise!!!! YAY!!! Definately doing the happy dance!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1184
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
I left the snow behind when I moved to Texas from Wisconsin in 94.

We will frequently split quick service meals. (He is skinny but fast greyhound type...needs frequent calories but not huge amounts.). Both adventurous diners. On our list:
ADR: Sci Fi Diner on Mon 2/4 at 4:45 so we can see Fantasmic after
Coral Reef Weds 7:35
QS: Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Tangeriene (lamb!) , the Japanese udon place Katsura?
MK: Columbia Harbour, Be Our Guest at opening lunch time, Gaston's (must split pork shank with hubby, meal plan or no)
Contemporary: contempo cafe on our monorail trip.
HS: starring rolls and probably sit in writers place having coffee and resting
AK: flame tree BBQ
Downtown Disney (since AK closes at five that day we will check out DD): Cookes of Dublin (more lamb!)
Hi Fellow Austinite (or whatever the correct term is)
Just have to commend you on your fine choices for QS! The bolded places are must do's for us every time. We love lamb too. Wish it wasn't so darn expensive in the grocery stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefan107 View Post
Well, this is the third time I've changed our ADR's for our trip 2/1-2/9. Now our list looks like this:

2/1 Arrival day/DTD We'll probably grab a quick service meal that night.
2/2 DHS/Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic! package
2/3 MK/Crystal Palace w/Pooh and Friends for breakfast
2/4 Rest day/Boatwright's Dining Hall for dinner
2/5 Water park day/Coral Reef Restaurant for dinner
2/6 US/IOA Chef Mickey's for breakfast
2/7 Epcot/Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast, Biergarten for dinner
2/8 AK/Tusker House for breakfast

This is hopefully the last time I do this before we go. yeah right!
You look like a planner, so you probably realize this, but just in case I am going to stick my nose in your plans....you will need a park ticket on 2/5 to get into Epcot for Coral Reef. Have a magical time!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #1185
eeyorefan107
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies

Hi Fellow Austinite (or whatever the correct term is)
Just have to commend you on your fine choices for QS! The bolded places are must do's for us every time. We love lamb too. Wish it wasn't so darn expensive in the grocery stores.

You look like a planner, so you probably realize this, but just in case I am going to stick my nose in your plans....you will need a park ticket on 2/5 to get into Epcot for Coral Reef. Have a magical time!
Oh I know that. We have 6d wpf&m tickets.

Counting down the days until our next Disney Trip!!

eeyorefan107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: