Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #661
redkayak77
Earning My Ears

What should a grown-up do in the evening?

Hi there! Going Feb. 2-9 with my husband and kids (ages 3 & 5). First trip since I was a kid. I am not comfortable getting a sitter for the kids so may just venture out on my own one evening while my husband puts the kids to bed. So what is fun for someone on their own to do in the evening? Go on grown-up rides and if so, which ones are the best? I'm going to try to get on a few while the kids are doing other things using FP, but could go back for a few more. Shopping at Downtown Disney? Other bars/entertainment that are fun in the evening that would be okay to do on my own? Thanks!
redkayak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #662
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how potent is the hair dryer at the Moderate resorts? I have to straight blow my hair into submission everyday so I don't scare little children! Should I bring my own?

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #663
justmeinflorida
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I'll join the ADR fun! All diuners

2/26 BoG
2/27 'Ohana
2/28 Rose and Crown
3/1 CRT

Will Feb be too cold to sit outside at R&C for Illuminations? Do they have heaters outside in FL? lol I might change that one. We also might change CRT to not use 2 TS credits.
Although this will be our first trip to Disney,, I do live in Florida and the weather here in Tampa Bay is not much different from Orlando. I would say you should be fine with light pants/jeans/capris. I would suggest jeans however since in the winter we go from around 70's daytime and then drop down to the 50's in the evening, sometimes colder. Make sure you pack a jacket.

We'll be going to WDW Feb. 23rd-Mar. 2nd

Mom of DD 13yrs & DS 20mo
justmeinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #664
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

I will be traveling Feb. 8-15, 2013!

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #665
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
We are going that week too. I'm going to guess it's less crowded, or at least not as crowded as President's week. From the crowd calenders I've seen, mid-week is showing 3s and 4s.
http://www.undercovertourist.com/pla...-opening-hours
We were at Disney this year from Thursday 21st for 2 weeks, and the only time we really saw huge crowds was on the 29th for One More Disney Day (and that was crazy). We started with AK on the Saturday, and by the end of the day we were riding EE round and round with no queues at all - must have been 5 times in a row (until the train got stuck on the lift hill - that was bracing as we had to walk back down).

This is why we are going back next year at the same time. Although, fast pass-wise, you still need to grab Toy Story and Soarin' FP's early as they do run out, and the queues still build up for RnRC (and that is a dull dull dull queue), but overall its a great time of the year to visit. I can't wait to get back there - 123 days today!!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #666
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkayak77 View Post
Hi there! Going Feb. 2-9 with my husband and kids (ages 3 & 5). First trip since I was a kid. I am not comfortable getting a sitter for the kids so may just venture out on my own one evening while my husband puts the kids to bed. So what is fun for someone on their own to do in the evening? Go on grown-up rides and if so, which ones are the best? I'm going to try to get on a few while the kids are doing other things using FP, but could go back for a few more. Shopping at Downtown Disney? Other bars/entertainment that are fun in the evening that would be okay to do on my own? Thanks!
Disney is a great place for a woman to wander alone at night, always well lit, I have never felt anything but safe there. If you want to head back into a park for your alone time, I'd suggest Hollywood Studios - it really seems to come alive at night, such a beautiful park, with all the lights (and fantastic shops on the way in with the best homeware selection). There are some great grown up rides there too, and Tower of Terror at night is a real treat.

There is also something magical about wandering around the Magic Kingdom at night too - not necessarily any 'adult' rides, but its great to just take the park in your own time, have a pastry at the Main Street Bakery, do a little shopping... lovely.

I hope you have a wonderful time
Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #667
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Does anyone know how potent is the hair dryer at the Moderate resorts? I have to straight blow my hair into submission everyday so I don't scare little children! Should I bring my own?

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
I don't know if they are the same hair dryers, but I used one in ASMu, and it seemed good enough to me. It was fairly small though because it was mounted on the wall, but I thought it worked plenty well for what I needed.

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #668
justmeinflorida
Earning My Ears

Update: Today we booked our stay at WBC for Feb.23-Mar.2nd

Mom of DD 13yrs & DS 20mo
justmeinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #669
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starclassic View Post
I don't know if they are the same hair dryers, but I used one in ASMu, and it seemed good enough to me. It was fairly small though because it was mounted on the wall, but I thought it worked plenty well for what I needed.
Thanks for the answer! I don't think a small hair dryer will get the job done, so I might bring my own.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #670
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

My wife complains about how weak the hotel blow-dryers are. (We've generally stayed at DVC resorts like the Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Wilderness Lodge.)
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #671
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
I love going to Jellyrolls, on the Boardwalk. I think it would be fun if you were alone since there is a bar to sit at or tables. You could visit Epcot first, then walk to the BW from there. Have fun!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #672
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
We'll be there the same time as you :D I personally love shopping in DTD. You could also maybe go to the spa? Walk around Boardwalk. What resort are you staying? I personally always loved the walk around my resort (which was always CBR at one point).
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #673
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph
Unless the Bears happen to make it to the SuperBowl.

We will be at AK on Feb 6th, too. Although it is true that the parks with EMH are more crowded than they would be on a normal day, February is such a low crowd period in general that I wouldn't worry too much about it. We have ADR's at Tusker House at 9:10am and hope to get there close to rope drop to see a few things before we eat.
@Wood Nymph, appreciate the info. See you at the park!
GinChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #674
GoofyVette
Earning My Ears

Hey Everyone. We're joining in on the fun here. We we're just there in September, but missed so much we're going again already. I know, we should be ashamed.....but we're not. Heat was so taxing, we'll never go again during the hot/humid weather. We we're amazed how humid, humid really was.

We will be enjoying our favorite hotel, Pop Century....05Feb thru 12Feb.
DL Jul 2012 Offsite
DL May 2011 Offsite
WDW Nov 2009 Pop
WDW Mar 2009 Pop
WDW May 2008 Pop
WDW May 2007 Pop
WDW May 2006 POFQ
WDW May 2005 POFQ
WDW Nov 2005 Pop
WDW Nov 2004 Pop
30 yrs of DL Too Many times to Count
Buy American! The job you save may be your own.
GoofyVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #675
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyVette View Post
Hey Everyone. We're joining in on the fun here. We we're just there in September, but missed so much we're going again already. I know, we should be ashamed.....but we're not. Heat was so taxing, we'll never go again during the hot/humid weather. We we're amazed how humid, humid really was.

We will be enjoying our favorite hotel, Pop Century....05Feb thru 12Feb.
I agree about the weather. We went in August one time, and never again! It wasn't fun to walk around. The heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon were awful. They closed MK when there was lightening. And everyone seemed very crabby.

We'll stick with the cooler weather and low crowds in February.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: