Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
sassymama6
Earning My Ears

first trip!!

Last time I went to Disney,I was twelve! Now I am planning my first trip for my DD's 5th bday with DH and it would be his first trip there ever! I've been trying to do my homework. So far I like POP as my resort. Ive heard about the meal plan possibly being free. But besides that, I'm not sure. DD bday is the 8th so I would try to fly out of NJ the night before. Any tips anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Also I am trying to be as frugal as possible but if I can't I can't.
sassymama6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
bitohoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat6595 View Post
Hello everyone! We have been all over the board on dates for our first trip with the kiddos, but I think we are set on February 2013 now! Don't know where we are going to stay yet, although we are hoping for AoA. We'd like to go the last week of February, but we still have to play around with the dates. I didn't realize it was the princess half marathon that weekend. Does that raise room rates?

I can't wait to book our trip! Sounds like packages are still not available though, right? I guess I will wait...not so patiently...
President's Day week is also winter break for many in the Northeast.

Tons of DL trips, CBR June 2005 (1st time at WDW), SoG May 2007, Disneyland December/January 2007/2008, Pop August 2008, AKL April 2009, GF April 2010, ASMovies Oct 2010, POFQ Dec 2011, Disneyland Hotel May/June 2012, BCV Feb 2013, BWV May 2014
bitohoney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #33
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Joining in, you already have me on your list yay
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #34
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

I've been end of Feb and was able to swim. For those who've gone early Feb, were you able to swim?
Stasieki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
Erina
Disney Princess

Hey everyone!

First off, I'd like to thank artemis908 for inviting me to this thread

This looks like the perfect place to pass some time before the big trip next year. This will my first vacation to DW, and I'm super excited and still learning the ropes at the same time. So far I've had a really pleasant experience with the forum, and I won't hesitate to ask any questions

I guess I'll start with a random question regarding that time of year. Will Kali River Rapids and Fantasmic be open?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'd love to join the FB group as well!

Counting down the days until our first trip - Feb. 2013

~*~A Whole New World~*~
Erina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #36
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
Hi sommergirl25! I got you added to the list. Please send me a PM and then I will get you onto the Facebook group. We are all very chatty on there!
Thank you! I haven't posted much so it won't let me. I will pm you when I get to 10!
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #37
jannel80
Mouseketeer

sassymama6! How exciting you get to take your DD and DH for their first trips! Just wait until your DD sees the castle for the first time!!! In the past Feb. has offered free dining, so I am hoping for that as well. I think that is the best way to go as far as getting the best deal. We have stayed at Pop the last 2 trips and we love it there! I am from NJ also, but we fly out of Philly.

I will add you to the roll call list as undecided dates until you let me know definite dates. Send me a PM and I will get you into our FB group. We are very chatty on there!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #38
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Erina! Glad you are joining us! How exciting for your first trip to DW!! You are going to love it! Do you know dates or resort yet? I will addd you to the list as undecide until you let me know. I looked up last year and Fantasmic was playing in Feb. but it looked like the middle of Feb. Easywdw has the January 2013 schedule up and Fantasmic is showing throughout Jan. so I am sure it will be showing in Feb. as well. I looked to see about Kali River rapids and couldn't find if it was open or closed. Maybe someone else knows about that??? If you have other questions, please ask away!

Just send me a private message and I will get you added to the FB group!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #39
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat6595 View Post
Hello everyone! We have been all over the board on dates for our first trip with the kiddos, but I think we are set on February 2013 now! Don't know where we are going to stay yet, although we are hoping for AoA. We'd like to go the last week of February, but we still have to play around with the dates. I didn't realize it was the princess half marathon that weekend. Does that raise room rates?

I can't wait to book our trip! Sounds like packages are still not available though, right? I guess I will wait...not so patiently...
If the room-only rates are any indication of "peak season/value season" rates for packages - I can tell you that Presidents weekend the prices start to jump up and I'm assuming run through President's week.

I have my room-only reservations booked for Mardi Gras week (the week before President's Day week) and the last day or two of my trip have higher rates. This is what my rates look like for 2/7 - 2/14 for my room-only reservation.

Thu, Feb 07 - value season weekday price
Fri, Feb 08 - value weason weekend price (bumped about $12)
Sat, Feb 09 - value weason weekend price (bumped about $12)
Sun, Feb 10 - value season weekday price
Mon, Feb 11 - value season weekday price
Tue, Feb 12 - value season weekday price
Wed, Feb 13 - value season weekday price
Thu, Feb 14 - peak season weekend price (bumped about $50)

Since President's Day is the Monday right after that, I can only assume that the peak season pricing continues through that weekend at least.

Last year, Free Dining was offered the week before President's Day and ended on Thursday. You had to check in by the Thursday before President's Day in order to be eligible for the Free Dining promotion - President's week was blocked out.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #40
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Hello! Count me in! I'll be there for the Princess Half. I don't know exactly the dates or hotel yet, as i'm not sure who is coming with me yet, but i'll be there!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #41
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

I'd like to be added, please!

We are going 2/22-2/28. Not sure which resort yet.

I'm also running the Princess Half and doing the 5K with my daughter who will turn 6 during our trip.

(To any ladies running (or thinking about running) the PHM: If you haven't already, come join the thread on the Wish board!)

Also, I'd love to join the FB group--could someone tell me how?

Thanks!

Mamasmurf227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
kmd1974
Earning My Ears

Location: Way Down South & 660 miles from Disney Houma,Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
You're going to be there at the same time and at the same resort as we are. I'm traveling with a friend. We are going to WDW first and then take a 3 1\2 road trip from Orlando to San Francisco and back to Orlando again. Our route is starting to take shape, but we still have A LOT of planning to do before we leave home.

I'm from Norway and my friend is from Sweden. Because my friend is from Sweden we are able to use the offer at the UK website. Our flights to and from the USA and our WDW part of the vacation is booked. We still have to book our rental car.

Oh WOW! You really have a trip there. I will only be traveling 670 miles to Disney. Takes about 10 hours. (more or less). I hope you have a safe and wonderful tip! Welcome to the USA. Hope to bump into you there.

Fort Wilderness Campground: Nov. 1991
Port of Orleans Riverside: Aug. 2009
Caribbean Beach Resort: May 2010
Coronado Springs Resort: May 2012
Coronado Springs Resort: Feb 2013
Port of Orleans Riverside: March 2014
Caribbean Beach resort May/June 2015

kmd1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
tink68
Mouseketeer

Add me in! Just booked this morning for Feb 13-18th at Port Orleans Riverside, riverview in the Alligator Bayou section ( bldg 14 we hope).

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
tink68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #44
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd1974 View Post

Oh WOW! You really have a trip there. I will only be traveling 670 miles to Disney. Takes about 10 hours. (more or less). I hope you have a safe and wonderful tip! Welcome to the USA. Hope to bump into you there.

It would be fun to bump into you there.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #45
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

I knew you had made this thread but kept forgetting about it when I would come on disboards. Finally remembered and I am on the list already Thanks for starting the thread

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: