Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #346
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
I got everyone's ADR list updated and all the new comers on the roll call list so everything is updated. If something is wrong, let me know and I will change it! This is so exciting that everyone is starting to make their ADR's! It makes the trip seem more real, at least it does for me!
You have me listed as staying at French Quarter and it's supposed to be Port Orleans Riverside. Thanks for all your hard work.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #347
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumosQ102
Hello!

Can I join in? My trip is from February 21st - March 7th, so I'm not an entirely February planner....

This trip is our first stay entirely on property, this February we stayed part on International Drive before moving to POFQ for the last portion of our holiday. It was that stay that made me realise now much easier and more relaxing it is to just stay at Disney. I commute the rest of the year, no need to do that at Disney too!

Its a girly trip for 2, as all my trips to Disney have been, and 2 foodies at that. We got a great deal through the UK Disney company, and are staying for 14 nights at the Wilderness Lodge with free dining upgraded to DxDP. Finalising our plan has been somewhat challenging, but hopefully we'll get what we want when our ADR window opens up on Saturday...

The only down side to this trip is California Grill being closed, but we hope to make up for it by hitting the rest of the signatures (what else are you going to do with all those credits) and taking an OOP visit to Victoria & Albert to celebrate a big birthday that one of us is celebrating next year.

Just 182 days to go... it'll be here before we know if right?!!
So, UK Disney is offering free dining when they haven't announced anything Stateside yet?
PrincessHanasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #348
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
So, UK Disney is offering free dining when they haven't announced anything Stateside yet?
Yeah, we have rather different offers - the one I was lucky enough to get expired at the end of April. I suppose with it being a bit more of a distance for us Brits, they try and reel us in earlier. I'm kinda feeling guilty about it now though...

LumosQ102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #349
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumosQ102

Yeah, we have rather different offers - the one I was lucky enough to get expired at the end of April. I suppose with it being a bit more of a distance for us Brits, they try and reel us in earlier. I'm kinda feeling guilty about it now though...
Don't feel guilty, it's great! Considering the astronomical airfare to get stateside, I say take advantage of the best deal you can get!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #350
goldnvalli
Earning My Ears

Here are our ADR's they are as follows:

Feb18th @ Mama Melrose's @3:45 pm
Feb 19th @ Les Chefs De France @ 6:30 pm
Feb 20th @ 1900 Park Fare @ 10:45 am
Feb 20th @ Portobello @ 6:30 pm
Feb 21@ Cinderella's Royal Table @ 5:15 pm
Feb 22@ Be Our Guest @ 6:00 pm
Feb 23 @ Tusker House @ 9:45 am

Starting to get super excited!!!

Anna
goldnvalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #351
ljr74
Mouseketeer

Ah,I need to try again for Tusker House!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #352
LumosQ102

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljr74 View Post
Ah,I need to try again for Tusker House!
It does seem to be available for the whole month now. I got an 8 am reservation on Saturday 23rd.

Has anyone heard anything about Le Cellier? I haven't been able to find anything in February online, and when speaking to the reservation line the woman said that they hadn't been released for the last half of the month yet.

I did get my first 10 days of dining booked though - after (literally) months of rejiggling to get the right balance of restaurants.

2/21
Kona Dinner

2/22
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Narcosees Dinner

2/23
Tusker House Breakfast
Yak n Yeti Lunch
Jiko Dinner

2/24
Chefs de France Lunch
Hacienda de San Angel Dinner

2/25
Kouzzina Breakfast
Tutto Italia Lunch
Yachtsman Dinner

2/26
(Quiet Disney day - we're leaving to visit Harry at Universal and a few good white knuckle rides)
Artist Point Dinner

2/27
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Be Our Guest Dinner

2/28
Chef Mickey's Breakfast
Sci Fi Dine In Theatre Lunch
Bistro de Paris Dinner (or whatever it will be called when it reopens)

3/1
Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast
Victoria & Albert's Dinner

3/2
Sanaa Lunch
Boma Dinner

I'm feeling full just thinking about all those restaurants, but thats the delight of the DxDP - we'll visit all the signatures whilst we are there (but Cali Grill ) and not break the bank.

just 180 days to go....

Old 08-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #353
Life is good
Mouseketeer

Hi- 2 adults-Always go to WDW in Oct-Dec.- 12 times in the the last 9 years. Thinking of going in February due to husband's work schedule. Will I miss all of the holiday decorations? What is the upside to going in Feb? Is it highly likely there will be free dining? Have 25 pages here to read- hoping you all can get me excited. (and I agree- there is never a bad time to be at WDW). Hope you are all having a magical weekend.

Yes- thats an old ticker btw.

Last edited by Life is good; 08-25-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: ticker
Life is good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #354
them2854
Earning My Ears

We finally have dates! Feb 7th thru Feb 15th and we're staying at POP again! I can't wait.

Previously we didn't make reservations anywhere just kinda ate whenever. My son didn't really care about characters. This time I would like to at least do one character meal so my DD can meet some characters. Anyone have any suggestions?

11/2008 * 4/2011 * 2/2013 - POP
DD-4 DS-15
them2854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #355
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by them2854 View Post
We finally have dates! Feb 7th thru Feb 15th and we're staying at POP again! I can't wait.

Previously we didn't make reservations anywhere just kinda ate whenever. My son didn't really care about characters. This time I would like to at least do one character meal so my DD can meet some characters. Anyone have any suggestions?
Our favorite character meal is CP, with Pooh and Friends. Many swear by Chef Mickeys but we are always disappointed by the restaurnant. I hear that the Ohana breakfast is great. 1900 Park Fare was also a fun choice.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #356
LumosQ102

Thumbs up

Quote:

Crystal Palace with Pooh & friends is lovely, but if you want the traditional characters (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Daisy) you can't beat Tusker House. The food is great too - the usual breakfast fare and lots of different flavours. The restaurant itself is beautiful too, and if you get a seating before opening, walking through an almost empty Animal Kingdom is really rather magical.

Have a wonderful time, wherever you end up going

Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #357
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We like Garden Grill in EPCOT, you get to see Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip & Dale. You get a family style meal with beef, turkey and fish, the salad is grown in the greenhouses in the Land and for dessert you get a fruit cobbler. The kids have their own menu with chicken legs, mac & cheese, sweet potato fries and broccoli, but they can eat from the adult platter and the adults can eat from the kids platter (my DH loves the sweet potato fries!) You can request seconds of everything!

The characters will all visit more than once and Chip & Dale are very playful, be sure to ask one of them if they are squirrels!

Love & Pixie Dust
ThreeKMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #358
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

2 Days until I can make my ADR's

And I'm allowing the IPO to do them for me.

Busy time with work and DS's 1st week of school, so I'm afraid I won't have the time to call and have heard some less than good things about the cooperation of the Disney website.

We're hoping for:

Fantasmic Dining Package at Hollywood Brown Derby on 2/25
Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch on 2/26
Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner on 2/26 (birthday celebration for DS)
TREX dinner on 2/27
1900 PF late breakfast on 2/28
Ohana 5pm dinner on 2/28
Les Chefs De France dinner on 3/1

I'm also hoping to reserve the Pirates League for DS's birthday on 2/26.

Through AAA, I'm having them reserve the preferred fireworks viewing on 2/24 and the Storytime experience on 2/27.

This is really hard for a control freak like me to let someone else do my work..
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #359
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Put me down for Port Orleans French Quarter tentatively for the 22-24. Won't have the dates down pat until I know my school schedule for spring. But am definitely going to be there for the Princess half marathon!

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #360
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Got all my ADR's today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
And I'm allowing the IPO to do them for me.

Busy time with work and DS's 1st week of school, so I'm afraid I won't have the time to call and have heard some less than good things about the cooperation of the Disney website.

We're hoping for:

Fantasmic Dining Package at Hollywood Brown Derby on 2/25
Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch on 2/26
Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner on 2/26 (birthday celebration for DS)
TREX dinner on 2/27
1900 PF late breakfast on 2/28
Ohana 5pm dinner on 2/28
Les Chefs De France dinner on 3/1

I'm also hoping to reserve the Pirates League for DS's birthday on 2/26.

Through AAA, I'm having them reserve the preferred fireworks viewing on 2/24 and the Storytime experience on 2/27.

This is really hard for a control freak like me to let someone else do my work..
I called IPO yesterday afternoon and added CRT for breakfast on 2/26 and modified the time of 1900 PF for breakfast.

Got a lovely email this morning at 620am from the WL IPO with confirmations of all of my ADR's including Pirates League. It was kind of nice having someone do work for me while I slept.

Got an email at 920am from my AAA agent confirming the Storytime and Preferred Viewing location fo fireworks.

Now just hoping for a good rate for a flight home on 3/2. My AAA agent expects Southwest rates to drop within 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.
A free dining offer wouldn't hurt either.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: