Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #331
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

Apparently, my TA was able to get me into Tusker House even though I was told by CM on the phone that the reservations for my date (the 19th) weren't open yet.
PrincessHanasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #332
tinks_1989
need a like button

Got Tusker house this morning for 7th February off the Disney website. Hope you all get your ADRs now.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #333
AHullMN
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Got Tusker house this morning for 7th February off the Disney website. Hope you all get your ADRs now.
I did too - for breakfast the 14th!! I'm so excited. My ADRs are complete! Hope everyone else gets theirs, too!

AHullMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #334
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I'm on vacation (non Disney) this week but my TA got my BOG ADR for us on Feb. 12 at 4:30 pm. That is our late breakfast, early dinner day so we can be finished with dinner before MSEP and Wishes.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #335
redkayak77
Earning My Ears

Anyone notice online that character meals not included in dining plan for 2013?

Hi! I was finally able to book Tusker House for Feb. 3 online today and when I did, I noticed that it says for 2013, you can't use dining credits unless you have the Deluxe or higher plan! I went back and checked my other reservations (Cinderella's Castle, Chef Mickey, even Coral Reef) and they all say the same thing! I am freaking out thinking I now might not be able to use my dining credits for all the meals I booked. I hope this is a glitch. Anyone else encounter this when you look online? Thanks!

Staying at Pop Century Feb. 2-9!
redkayak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #336
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkayak77
Hi! I was finally able to book Tusker House for Feb. 3 online today and when I did, I noticed that it says for 2013, you can't use dining credits unless you have the Deluxe or higher plan! I went back and checked my other reservations (Cinderella's Castle, Chef Mickey, even Coral Reef) and they all say the same thing! I am freaking out thinking I now might not be able to use my dining credits for all the meals I booked. I hope this is a glitch. Anyone else encounter this when you look online? Thanks!

Staying at Pop Century Feb. 2-9!
Quoting from the 2013 Disney Dining Plan booklet:
"The Disney Dining Plan can be used for Character Dining experiences...". Then all the character meals we know and love are listed.

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #337
redkayak77
Earning My Ears

Okay - must just be a glitch then! It just seems weird that it shows the character meals will use 1 credit for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the deluxe plan and higher but has the dash across for the regular dining plan, just like it does for the quick service.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #338
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

We changed resorts. Were staying at CSR and now we are staying at POR. I had originally asked for POR but at the time it was unavailable. I was very excited when I called today and POR was available. My dates are still Feb 9th - 15th.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #339
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

I had no difficulty this morning booking lunch at Tusker House for Monday 2/11 and dinner at Be Our Guest for Wednesday 2/13.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #340
LaurieO
:)

Hi Jannel, I woke up yesterday morning with a crazy idea to switch my resort from POFQ to Boardwalk Villas (studio), so please make that change for me, thank you!
I've been to Disney 5x but it's my first time staying on-site, so I figured I might as well break open the piggy bank, ooooink!!
My dates are still the same; Feb 7-13.

I made some ADRs but knowing my son & me, I may cancel one or two because we often "forget to eat" while at Disney. (I'm 41 going on 12!) Last time, we missed our lunch at Sci-Fi Drive-In & almost missed lunch at Coral Reef due to Rockin' Roller Coaster & Test Track, respectively. But we won't miss the Rainforest Cafe on my son's 10th birthday; he loves it there & it was his only request. Going to surprise him one night with the Tomorrowland Terrace/Wishes Dessert Party.

My reservations:
8th- lunch at Brown Derby & dinner at Nine Dragons
9th- lunch at Tusker House
10th- dinner at San Angel Inn
11th- lunch at Rainforest Cafe (AK)
12th- lunch at 50s Prime-Time Cafe

Thanks again & I will post here a lot more as the date gets closer, as I'd love to get to know & meet up w/ others while we're there!

Last edited by LaurieO; 08-22-2012 at 09:02 AM.
LaurieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #341
jannel80
Mouseketeer

I got everyone's ADR list updated and all the new comers on the roll call list so everything is updated. If something is wrong, let me know and I will change it! This is so exciting that everyone is starting to make their ADR's! It makes the trip seem more real, at least it does for me!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #342
redkayak77
Earning My Ears

Our ADRs

Here is what I have booked - so super excited!
Feb. 2 - arrival - Chef Mickey (dinner)
Feb. 3 - Tusker House (lunch)
Feb. 4 - hoping to go to BOG for lunch if not too busy
Feb. 5 - Coral Reef (lunch)
Feb. 6 - Cinderella's Castle (late breakfast); Ohana (dinner)
Feb. 7 - 50's prime time cafe (lunch)

I called Disney last night to find out why it is showing that I can't use regular dining plan credits for these meals and she told me that the restaurants have until Dec. 31 to confirm they will participate and the dining plan brochure will be updated then with the ones that will accept the credits. So just have to hope that these will all still be included! Also hoping for the dining plan to be free when we go!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #343
NandK
Mouseketeer

I just added BOG to our list of ADRs! I was able to book it on 2/14 (dinner, of course) using the online system today. Now we will have to decide what to drop or if we will pay out of pocket for one of our meals.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #344
kmccain
DIS Veteran

Roll Call!

I just found this thread!

We will be at CBR from 2/10 to 2/16

This is DH and i's first trip without kids and not in a camper! Celebrating our 25th Anniversary.

My ADR's are
2/10 Garden Grill
2/11 Fantasia dinner at Momma Melrose (another first)
2/12 Coral Reef
2/13 Shutters
2/14 Be Our Guest! YAHOO
2/15 Trails End
4 times at the campground and never ate at Trail End! I can wait to do the dining plan!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #345
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Smile

Hello!

Can I join in? My trip is from February 21st - March 7th, so I'm not an entirely February planner....

This trip is our first stay entirely on property, this February we stayed part on International Drive before moving to POFQ for the last portion of our holiday. It was that stay that made me realise now much easier and more relaxing it is to just stay at Disney. I commute the rest of the year, no need to do that at Disney too!

Its a girly trip for 2, as all my trips to Disney have been, and 2 foodies at that. We got a great deal through the UK Disney company, and are staying for 14 nights at the Wilderness Lodge with free dining upgraded to DxDP. Finalising our plan has been somewhat challenging, but hopefully we'll get what we want when our ADR window opens up on Saturday...

The only down side to this trip is California Grill being closed, but we hope to make up for it by hitting the rest of the signatures (what else are you going to do with all those credits) and taking an OOP visit to Victoria & Albert to celebrate a big birthday that one of us is celebrating next year.

Just 182 days to go... it'll be here before we know if right?!!

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: