Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #3151
fireman1
Mouseketeer

4 days. Last minute trip planned.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #3152
fireman1
Mouseketeer

4 days. Last minute trip planned.
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #3153
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes Not looking forward to telling the kids tonight when they get back from dance, but we know it was the right decision.

I just keep looking at the calender Tomorrow is the last day before the 4 day weekend for the kids, birthday party on Sunday, and then crunch time for 4 days before starting the drive on Friday!

It feels like we were just at 99 days and SO excited to be past that 100 day marker!
I hope the kids are ok and I'm glad you have a vacation coming up so soon to keep your spirits up a little.

Looks like we are on the exact same timeline. 4 day weekend, and a birthday party on Sunday! Ours is all day at an indoor waterpark. A nice treat to pass the time.

I'll pack while the boys are at their tournament this weekend, and do a deep clean on Monday and then Friday trip day!
I will have work until about 2 on Friday but I work from home. We're picking the kids up an hour early from school and heading straight to the airport. We'll grab some subs on the way, eat in the car and off we go
It's finally feeling real!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #3154
Angebee
Mouseketeer

I'm back! Dad went in for his first 'check up' today with the surgeon since being released. Apparently he is healing MUCH better than expected and, as long as we keep him away from Rock n' Rollercoaster, Mission to Mars and keep an eye on him after other 'jostling' rides...

WE'RE BACK ON FOR OUR FEBRUARY VACATION !!!

Which is great because I missed checking in with you guys every day. Now we have 10 DAYS to make everything re-happen. Thankfully, I hadn't cancelled our package just yet so we only have to re-book the pair of birthday meals. It's still sinking in. Punch me, Guido! Punch me in the face!!

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #3155
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86
This trip cannot come soon enough... had to put down our older dog today Took him into the vet thinking it was diabetes but it turned out to be intestinal cancer... not a happy home today.
I'm so sorry for your loss. We were there last week with a wonderful cat, who truly thought he was a person. Even caught him a few times sitting on one of the couches like a human, even with his front leg up on the arm rest like any one of us. Alvin was such a cool guy and we will miss him and our 15 year old German Shepard and 12 year old yellow lab are now having major issues. The trip can't come fast enough for us. My Dad is staying at our house and he is one of their best buddies, so at least they won't be lonely. As of today, we are finally at 9 days!! So soon will our first CBR trip will be here...then 7 weeks later our DVC trip to Beach Club. Can't wait.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #3156
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matynurse

Glad I'm not the only weather nut!!
Make that 3. Watching for another 26" dumping of snow that will dare get in the way of our CBR trip. Can't wait. Funny, my Disney shirts are already packed, in fact I believe that they climbed in the suitcase on they're own. Magical.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #3157
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee
I'm back! Dad went in for his first 'check up' today with the surgeon since being released. Apparently he is healing MUCH better than expected and, as long as we keep him away from Rock n' Rollercoaster, Mission to Mars and keep an eye on him after other 'jostling' rides...

Which is great because I missed checking in with you guys every day. Now we have 10 DAYS to make everything re-happen. Thankfully, I hadn't cancelled our package just yet so we only have to re-book the pair of birthday meals. It's still sinking in. Punch me, Guido! Punch me in the face!!
That is SO great!! And how fantastic that you hadn't cancelled your package!!! See you there!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #3158
goinback
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee View Post

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Star Movies Nov 1999
Port Orleans Riverside Jan 2005
Caribbean Beach Jan 2007
POP! & Vero Sept 2007
All Star Music Jan 2012
All Star Movies Feb 2013
goinback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #3159
goinback
DIS Veteran

Free Dining?

Just curious to see who else has free dining for their trip. I am sooooo glad I do. Makes the trip really carefree!

All Star Movies Nov 1999
Port Orleans Riverside Jan 2005
Caribbean Beach Jan 2007
POP! & Vero Sept 2007
All Star Music Jan 2012
All Star Movies Feb 2013
goinback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #3160
PalmettoPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86
This trip cannot come soon enough... had to put down our older dog today Took him into the vet thinking it was diabetes but it turned out to be intestinal cancer... not a happy home today.
oh no! I am so sorry for your loss. I would be completely devastated if something happened to our dog.... Sending best wishes and pixie dust your way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee

woohoo!! So happy that everything worked out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinback
Just curious to see who else has free dining for their trip. I am sooooo glad I do. Makes the trip really carefree!
Free dining here! I agree, I like not having to worry about paying for meals too!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #3161
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay!!!!!! That's fabulous!!
Glad to see you back and sending healing thoughts for your dh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinback View Post
I got a pin code for free dining and we went back and forth. It was so close to the cost of Stay Play Dine and a room only discount. In the end we went with the DDP because it meant we had to prepurchase 2 day tickets and we'll have those now when our AP's expire. We'll add some days and use them in August.
I love not having to worry about it, but it's not really fitting how we eat anymore so its a toss up.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #3162
matynurse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinback
Using a free dining pin here too! Only reason we decided to go

matynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #3163
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I hope the kids are ok and I'm glad you have a vacation coming up so soon to keep your spirits up a little.

Looks like we are on the exact same timeline. 4 day weekend, and a birthday party on Sunday! Ours is all day at an indoor waterpark. A nice treat to pass the time.

I'll pack while the boys are at their tournament this weekend, and do a deep clean on Monday and then Friday trip day!
I will have work until about 2 on Friday but I work from home. We're picking the kids up an hour early from school and heading straight to the airport. We'll grab some subs on the way, eat in the car and off we go
It's finally feeling real!
Thanks - the kids took it much better than I thought. My oldest cried and was devastated when my Uncle's dog (who she never saw) had to be put down... she cried a little and then asked when we were getting another dog. Hopefully I'm not the only one with a mildly insensitive 7 year old

I think I work for an hour or 2 on Friday (also from home). It will probably be the longest 2 hours in the world lol.

Quote:

AWESOME! Now that you've only got 10 days the rushing around and packing and planning will make it go by faster! So exciting! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToad1345 View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. We were there last week with a wonderful cat, who truly thought he was a person. Even caught him a few times sitting on one of the couches like a human, even with his front leg up on the arm rest like any one of us. Alvin was such a cool guy and we will miss him and our 15 year old German Shepard and 12 year old yellow lab are now having major issues. The trip can't come fast enough for us. My Dad is staying at our house and he is one of their best buddies, so at least they won't be lonely. As of today, we are finally at 9 days!! So soon will our first CBR trip will be here...then 7 weeks later our DVC trip to Beach Club. Can't wait.
Thank you He was a great dog. My husband had him since before we met so he's taking it the hardest, but he knew it was the right thing to do so that's helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinback View Post
We didn't get free dining but we did snag the SPD deal. FD would have given us another $500 or so off (we're doing DXDP) but it's still a huge break from full price!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #3164
pigletto
DIS Veteran

My hubby just texted me and told me to book Jiko (our favourite Disney restaurant!) for the two of us one night of the trip. We weren't going to do anything for Valentines Day to save our money but he was feeling weird about that. So assuming I can book it.. does anyone know how far in advance I can or how I go about booking the Kids Club at AKL? It would just be my 8 year old that needed it. My 15 year old would be happy to hang out in the room and text her friends
I just think it would be more fun for him to go do something while we eat.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #3165
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I figured it out. I just called Disney Dining and they book it for you. So it's all set. Date night at Jiko

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: