Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #286
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
We are now booked for CSR Feb 9th - 15th. This will be our first visit to this resort. I'm excited but had been hoping for POR, but we were told on the phone that the military discounted rooms for POR were all booked and CSR was the only one left with availability for the military discounted rooms. I'm going to miss my double sinks.
Got you updated on the roll call. CSR is one of the resorts I would like to stay at. Heard the pool is amazing, hopefully it will be warm enough to swim!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #287
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cczar View Post
Count us in for February 3rd-10th. Staying at POFQ.
It's our first time at WDW, so any help will be appreciated.
Got you added to the list! How exciting for a first trip to the World! It is so addicting once you go!! Being on the Disboards is a great start for information! As far as picking restaurants, I go to allears.net and read the reviews and they also have the menus listed. *********.com and Easywdw.com are some other great sites for good information. If you have any questions, ask them here. Everyone is pretty knowledgable and would love to help!

Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #288
jannel80
Mouseketeer

So glad everyone is getting all the ADR's they wanted! It makes it feel real now that plans are getting made!

Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #289
Bearybear
A firm believer in the unbelievable

I made my ADRs today. I got pretty much all I wanted, but I had to adjust my times for a few meals. Odd, because those were the ones that were at 185 and 186 days out.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #290
jannel80
Mouseketeer

I checked when they announced the FD promo for Feb. 2012 and that was Aug. 3. I wonder why they are waiting so long this year? I am hoping they are not doing away with FD for 2013!

Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #291
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80
I checked when they announced the FD promo for Feb. 2012 and that was Aug. 3. I wonder why they are waiting so long this year? I am hoping they are not doing away with FD for 2013!
But they changed it a little at the end of August. I don't think they usually announce them that early.

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #292
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

I loved CSR. We are at POR this time. I can't wait!

I made my ADR's over the weekend. Except for Tusker House and for the Brown Derby Fantasmic! Package. I couldn't get those through (nothing released for Tusker yet). My TA is working on those for me, but I scheduled everything else.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #293
katyj26
Earning My Ears

Talking Planning February 2013

We are planning a WDW trip for 9 days starting either january 29, 2013 or February 5, 2013. Anybody recommend a specific week? We are pretty much set on Boardwalk. I'm new to these boards but very familiar with WDW as this will be about my 14th trip. We last stayed at Old Key West February 2-9, 2012. Counting down to the next and always thinking of Disney!!
katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #294
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
We are planning a WDW trip for 9 days starting either january 29, 2013 or February 5, 2013. Anybody recommend a specific week? We are pretty much set on Boardwalk. I'm new to these boards but very familiar with WDW as this will be about my 14th trip. We last stayed at Old Key West February 2-9, 2012. Counting down to the next and always thinking of Disney!!
If you come Jan 29, you may be able to see the winning Super Bowl QB in the parade on the 4th
Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #295
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I made my ADRs online this morning. Like everyone else I still have to wait for BOG but I have all the other ones within 10 minutes of what I wanted.

Arrival Day Feb. 11: Boma-Flavors of Africa, dinner
MK Day Feb. 12: Kona Cafe, late breakfast; want BOG for early dinner
EP Day Feb. 13: CS lunch, location TBD; The Garden Grill Restaurant, dinner
AK Day Feb. 14: Flame Tree Barbecue CS lunch; Artist Point for our anniversary dinner
Free Day Feb. 15: DTD CS lunch, Earl of Sandwich or Wolkgang Puck Express; Flying Fish Cafe dinner

We'll pick up rental car Friday afternoon to drive further south after dinner at FF. When we arrive at MCO on the 11th we'll check with Disney Dining to see if we can snag a Flying Fish ADR for that evening. We didn't want to book a credit card guarantee dinner on arrival day because of the possibility of not making it in time. If we can get into FF then I'll cancel Boma that night and try to get Boma for the 15th.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #296
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

BOG reservation dates set!

I expect all of you learned earlier today that BOG reservations can be made beginning at noon, eastern time, Aug. 20. On-line reservations will begin Aug. 22. They will require a credit card guarantee with a $10 p/p charge if you do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Good luck to everyone on getting the day and time of your choice!
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #297
katyj26
Earning My Ears

Mardi Gras?

Are the crowds worse during Mardi Gras?
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #298
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
Are the crowds worse during Mardi Gras?
No. There will be a lot of southeastern Louisianians there, but there aren't enough of them to make that big a difference. And this year it's so early that it shouldn't be busy at all. I'll be there, of course.

No, I meant to say.... terribly busy. Better stay home!

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #299
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

Counting down to Monday, my ADR day. (So excited that I get to fight everyone looking to make BoG reservations to get mine...).

BUT: I am still struggling with my scheduled for the week (16th-23rd). I am going with my DD4, a princess loving girl. I know she is going to want to see the castle ASAP, but both Sunday (17th) and Monday (18th) are listed on touringplans as the "park to avoid". I am doing my best to work around what I have learned from all you DISers are going to be awful crowds, but I just don't know if I can hold her off from MK until Tuesday. I am going to try to get Askerhus for a Princess breakfast on Sunday to satiate her princess appetite for Sunday, but not sure if we can go a whole other day.

Any thoughts/suggestions from experienced DISers would be greatly appreciated!! Should I avoid MK Monday or just suck it up and let her get to the castle and just see what we can see?

Related question: I have not yet come across line projections for meet and greets. Do long lines at rides = long lines at MaGs too, or do the two not coincide? (trying to figure out if we could use Monday to do a bunch of meet and greets and save the other rides/attractions to a less busy day??
PrincessHanasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #300
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
Any thoughts/suggestions from experienced DISers would be greatly appreciated!! Should I avoid MK Monday or just suck it up and let her get to the castle and just see what we can see?
We typically go to MK the day we arrive no matter what the touring plans say though we never go during any busy times like your week will be. It looks like crowd levels for the MK will be around 9 the whole time you are there so I would think it really won't matter what day you go because any day will be crowded almost the same. I just don't know if there is a huge difference between a 8.9 day and a 9.2 day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
Related question: I have not yet come across line projections for meet and greets. Do long lines at rides = long lines at MaGs too, or do the two not coincide? (trying to figure out if we could use Monday to do a bunch of meet and greets and save the other rides/attractions to a less busy day??
Even during less crowded times (days rated 1.0 by Touring Plans), we have spent an hour or more waiting in M&G lines. M&G lines take up a lot of time no matter what but you can save some time with good planning off of info found here and elsewhere. With a 4 yr old (we've taken both our girls when 4), M&Gs tend to be the priority over attractions unless they are afraid of the characters.
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
mom2princesses2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: