Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #1906
Jaco5nc
Excited about our Upcoming Trip

We have 21 days until we leave and I am so excited:-)!! We were there in October for F&W and it was super duper crowded. I am really hoping for slower crowds this time around. I haven't started packing the family yet...crazy whether, 85 degrees in Cape Canaveral today (Mom lives there) so I am not sure how to pack!?!? It was 73 degrees here in Charlotte today :-)!!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #1907
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908

I actually just checked in yesterday, so you should be able to also. But there was a list that you could check off. Mine showed floor levels and views. Anything outside of that you should call and they will add a note to .
So w/online checkin you WERE able to select a particular floor?? We are staying at BLT in MK view but we want a higher floor room and wasnt sure we could select that via online checkin

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #1908
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
So w/online checkin you WERE able to select a particular floor?? We are staying at BLT in MK view but we want a higher floor room and wasnt sure we could select that via online checkin
Yes, I was able to pick highest floor, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, boardwalk view, canal view. I would suspect it'd be similar for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney View Post
18 days 21 hours before we leave. Has anyone started packing?
I started to pack some travel sized stuff. Got a very nice travel set from sephora that included shampoo, conditioner, volumizer, and hair spray inside a very nice case that could fit additional items. I also have two Disney shirts I packed. The only real reason I am waiting is because I have no clue what the weather will be like in 3 weeks. Things could change in an instant!
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #1909
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Quote:

Yes, I was able to pick highest floor, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, boardwalk view, canal view. I would suspect it'd be similar for you!

I started to pack some travel sized stuff. Got a very nice travel set from sephora that included shampoo, conditioner, volumizer, and hair spray inside a very nice case that could fit additional items. I also have two Disney shirts I packed. The only real reason I am waiting is because I have no clue what the weather will be like in 3 weeks. Things could change in an instant!
Actually I never had that choice with online check-in today. Where in the process did you get tower those choices? I suppose I could've missed it, but I was intentionally waiting for that to pop up and the next thing I know it said I was all finished. I had already called a month ago to make a room request, do you think it's just already in the system? Kinda worried about it now.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #1910
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
Is anyone planning on doing anything special for Valentine's Day other than a nice dinner at a nice restaurant? We're current planning on having dinner at Artist Point that night, but I'm thinking that it would be nice to make it a little bit better (but without spending a lot more money!)
DH & I will also be celebrating Valentine's Day with dinner at AP. That and Flying Fish Cafe are our two favorite WDW restaurants. Our ADR is 5:45 pm. Depending on when you are dining you might enjoy going out on the WL beach to watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade.

We'll be spending the day in AK because I am a critter lover and and really like Kilimanjaro Safari, Pangiani Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek, FOTLK & Jungle Jammin' Parade. And Flame Tree Barbecue is our one must do CS. So we'll just be doing some of our favorite things in one of my happy places. DH is sweet enough to indulge my Disney passion so long as I do all the planning and just get his input on ADRs.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #1911
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

21 days!!!! got my Undercover tourist tickets in the mail today!!!!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #1912
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
Actually I never had that choice with online check-in today. Where in the process did you get tower those choices? I suppose I could've missed it, but I was intentionally waiting for that to pop up and the next thing I know it said I was all finished. I had already called a month ago to make a room request, do you think it's just already in the system? Kinda worried about it now.
This screen is on page 3 of the online check-in

and this is what I see after that

Last edited by artemis908; 01-12-2013 at 08:06 PM.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #1913
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Quote:

Wow, there's no way I could've missed that. I never saw anything remotely like that. I plan to call tomorrow to check about my requests. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #1914
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I checked in for VWL online. My only choices were lower floor and near elevator, neither of which mesh with what I requested when I made my room reservation. I also did not have the option of choosing a ready room or my requests.
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #1915
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I don't think there will be any consistency with online check in until they fix the website.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #1916
monique5
DVC - BLT

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Error
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #1917
monique5
DVC - BLT

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinChicago View Post
Thanks for sharing this as I've never used this site before. My new daily dose is to check the extended forecast and add the weather estimate to my travel calendar and update if the weather changes. So far they're posted thru Wed 2/5. While not 81 like today, I wouldn't mind a 68 sunny day.
Ditto!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #1918
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

on line check in

Did an online check in today and the only option i remember was boardwalk view choice.

teheber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #1919
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Alert

ALERT. I'm about to cancel a BOG reservation for 3/1 at 7:45 (2 adults)
Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #1920
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney View Post
Your welcome
It's just something else to check everyday and to stress about. I don't know what I'm going to do with all my free time after the trip is over
Why, you dream/plan/book your NEXT Disney stay of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsdsp View Post
45 days for us!!
Oh thank goodness another person in the 40s. I was getting quite jealous of all these 20s and teens postings! 42 days for me!

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: