Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1876
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Two weeks for me!!

Does anyone know more about the Beauty and the Beast live? I hope it will be open for our trip!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #1877
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney
Accu weather Orlando,fl. Then click month
Thanks for sharing this as I've never used this site before. My new daily dose is to check the extended forecast and add the weather estimate to my travel calendar and update if the weather changes. So far they're posted thru Wed 2/5. While not 81 like today, I wouldn't mind a 68 sunny day.
GinChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #1878
apentney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinChicago

Thanks for sharing this as I've never used this site before. My new daily dose is to check the extended forecast and add the weather estimate to my travel calendar and update if the weather changes. So far they're posted thru Wed 2/5. While not 81 like today, I wouldn't mind a 68 sunny day.
Your welcome
It's just something else to check everyday and to stress about. I don't know what I'm going to do with all my free time after the trip is over
apentney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #1879
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I've got to get my spreadsheets finished! I kept putting it off so that as it got closer I'd be so busy finishing them up the time would fly by!

Just booked 'Ohanna breakfast for our departure morning - super early. Hopefully mom will be on board. She's going to work the next day and we'll have a 15 hour drive ahead of us!

Just one last hoorah at my favorite breakfast place before I begin sobbing on the way out!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #1880
katla33
Mouseketeer

Leaving 4 weeks from today! Can't wait!!

katla33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #1881
ljr74
Mouseketeer

We check in 4 weeks from today!!

So, I have a WWYD. I just found out that Disney Junior is going to be closed AGAIN while we are there (it was closed in Feb 2011 during our first family trip). The refurb schedule says it will reopen 2/15. I had planned for our HS day to be 2/11. Should I change our schedule around to go to HS on 2/16 instead? This would mean trying to get a new reservation at H&V for breakfast and all other kinds of craziness. I wouldn't even be considering this if not for the Doc McStuffins rumors. My kids LOVE Doc and it kills me that we may miss her if she is coming. We probably won't be back to Disney again until 2015 at the very earliest. So, WWYD?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #1882
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljr74 View Post
We check in 4 weeks from today!!

So, I have a WWYD. I just found out that Disney Junior is going to be closed AGAIN while we are there (it was closed in Feb 2011 during our first family trip). The refurb schedule says it will reopen 2/15. I had planned for our HS day to be 2/11. Should I change our schedule around to go to HS on 2/16 instead? This would mean trying to get a new reservation at H&V for breakfast and all other kinds of craziness. I wouldn't even be considering this if not for the Doc McStuffins rumors. My kids LOVE Doc and it kills me that we may miss her if she is coming. We probably won't be back to Disney again until 2015 at the very earliest. So, WWYD?
Do you have park hoppers and the time to perhaps go to HS for park of the 16th?
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #1883
ljr74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
Do you have park hoppers and the time to perhaps go to HS for park of the 16th?
No, but maybe we could do one day? 2/15 is supposed to be our 2nd MK day, so it's doable. We check out on the 16th. We are driving and I think the hubs has to be back at work on Monday, so I am pretty sure he is going to want to hit the road on that day.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #1884
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Is anyone planning on doing anything special for Valentine's Day other than a nice dinner at a nice restaurant? We're current planning on having dinner at Artist Point that night, but I'm thinking that it would be nice to make it a little bit better (but without spending a lot more money!)
vacationer1954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #1885
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
No, but maybe we could do one day? 2/15 is supposed to be our 2nd MK day, so it's doable. We check out on the 16th. We are driving and I think the hubs has to be back at work on Monday, so I am pretty sure he is going to want to hit the road on that day.
Yeah, that might be a good option unless you're willing to rearrange your plans, might be hard though with ADRs. MK is open until 10 on the 15th, HS until 7. So maybe your best bet is for day 1 of MK do the important rides that have long lines, then on the 15th do HS in the earlier part of the day (assuming you don't have ADRs that might make this impossible) and then go to MK afterwards since they are open so late.

Well, that's just what I would do
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #1886
ljr74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
Yeah, that might be a good option unless you're willing to rearrange your plans, might be hard though with ADRs. MK is open until 10 on the 15th, HS until 7. So maybe your best bet is for day 1 of MK do the important rides that have long lines, then on the 15th do HS in the earlier part of the day (assuming you don't have ADRs that might make this impossible) and then go to MK afterwards since they are open so late.

Well, that's just what I would do
Very helpful! Thanks for the suggestions!! We have a 7:20am ADR at Chef Mickey's, would that be crazy to keep and then rush to HS (we will have our car, so transportation won't be a concern)? I guess we wouldn't necessarily have to rush since it would be a 2nd day at HS, but since we're there we might as well ride Toy Story Mania again.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1887
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Very helpful! Thanks for the suggestions!! We have a 7:20am ADR at Chef Mickey's, would that be crazy to keep and then rush to HS (we will have our car, so transportation won't be a concern)? I guess we wouldn't necessarily have to rush since it would be a 2nd day at HS, but since we're there we might as well ride Toy Story Mania again.
Not at all, that's an early reservation. In fact if you wanted to stay parked there so you're not driving back and forth you could always park at Contemporary or MK, then take Disney's transportation to DHS. But I know some people say driving is faster. We plan on doing 2 and sometimes even 3 parks in a day because there are so many restaurants at Epcot I love.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #1888
VictoriaM
Earning My Ears

Feb 11-22, staying offsite

Flying in from Toronto....anyone else????
VictoriaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #1889
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Park hopper option is a set price for all of your days, so if you're thinking of adding it it doesn't make sense to just add it to one day. We always have a hopper pass, that way we are not locked into a Park based on our ADR's.

Love & Pixie Dust
ThreeKMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #1890
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Did my online Check-In today! It was available earlier than 10 days through My Disney Experience, so I decided to do it!! Pulled my summer clothes out of the attic today and started trying things on to pack.... Getting excited, only 19 days to go!

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: