Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1846
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

29 more days to go! I really need to make my packing list and buy what I need before the trip.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #1847
rscherrer
WDW newbie

update on our first disneyworl trip- jan 31-feb 6

getting chilly here in ND, Blizzard Gandalf heading our way, with sub-zero temps, snow, and high winds. can't wait to get to warm Orlando . I saw the teacups were going to be open too, and told my wife- she was delighted . she can't imagine going and not riding the teacups. I booked the tomorrowland desert buffet for wishes on friday night, but no openings for BOG that night. may have to do lunch there. We decided to do two days at Epcot (we did not get PHP) as it is totally new to us, and 1 day at MK (since we have been to disneyland numerous times), one day at DHS, skipping AK this time. And one day at US IOA to see harry potter world (my daughters absolute favorite ). Anybody got recommendations for dining there? Biergarten looks fun (however, we have been to a lot of german rest), my DD13 wants to go to Katsura
So my boss emails me and let's me know that I need to be in Richmond, VA on Jan 30th for a meeting. big kink in the plans. I was able to make arrangements to fly back thru O'hare, so I will meet my DW and DD there, and fly down with them on the second half of my current flight reservation. lot of logistics getting all this figured out- 10 flights, 4 different airlines- argh. since I also have a convention from the 6-8th, I will be away from home for 2 weeks. not sure if I can pack a carry-on for that long. done venting.........
20 days and counting. going to be a looong 3 weeks- but we can't wait.
rscherrer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #1848
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5
There were too many posts to quote!

Yes, I might need a chiropractor...After Disney. I'm looking at all things Disney lately (Laptop, Kindle, iPhone, Desktop). Plans made months ago and now at the 11th hour, I think of a million and one things after reading these posts.. Breathe!

1st trip to Disney in over 15 years. Celebrating DD 5th birthday. Checking weather daily. Checking crowd levels daily. Checking menus to see if any changes. Practicing breathing techniques...Emails starting to cause mild panic attacks. Just kidding... A little.. Dreading another closer or refurishment. Sad about Mad Tea Cups and Disney Junior Live, not sure about Festival of the Lion King (closing) due to new Avatarland... Then friends decide to come to celebrate birthday. TA informs us all value & moderate resorts are booked 2/4-2/9. I know various cheer events going on over the course of several weekends in February, crowd levels haven't changed, 3-5. So what's going on?

23D until I'm at the happiest place on earth. Breathe...Do not want to be like Clark Griswald in National Lampoons Vacation...

Is my ticker broken? Why not 3 days.
Monique5- Mardi Gras is the beginning on February and most schools along the gulf coast will be out . A lot of schools here in Louisiana will be closed all week. 2/11- 2/15. That is why we will be there on the 9th.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #1849
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
29 more days to go! I really need to make my packing list and buy what I need before the trip.
Hey...can you just post your list here so the rest of us can copy off of it! LOL. Just kidding (sort of).
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1850
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Sort of OT...

Sorry for being a little offtopic, BUT.... last time we went to WDW, we got to our resort around 8 PM, but our luggage didn't show up via ME until after midnight. Me being the worrier I am, didn't sleep a WINK until they called to say it was there. Then, for some reason that I can't remember (maybe just to get it over with so I could go to sleep) I had to shlep out of the room in my jammies all the way to the lobby to haul our stuff back to the room with a cart. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep before our first park day.

BTW - DH slept through the whole thing or I would've made HIM do it, but one sleepy, grumpy husband does not start the vacation off on the right foot, so I took one for the team.

Anyway................... is this an unusual occurence or could expect the same thing this trip? We are arriving at our resort (AKL) at exactly the same time of night as before.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1851
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
OP- jannel80 ...I feel so left out, I've posted twice to say the dates and added we were staying offsite,but I wasn't added to list..
Sorry give me the dates again. I can't find the original post. We talk so much in the FB group that I honestly don't check this thread as much as I should!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #1852
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matynurse View Post
Hi Jannel! My name is Janelle too Congrats on baby girl! Love her name. Anyway my Jadabug was only 2 mths her 1st trip. I took her seat in with us. They were all very good about finding us a highchair, or chair to hold it.
Hi Janelle! Thank you! It's good to see another Janelle! There aren't many of us! Yeah I think I am going to bring her seat. I just think in the long run it will be better for her. BTW I love all the J names in your family!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #1853
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
Sorry for being a little offtopic, BUT.... last time we went to WDW, we got to our resort around 8 PM, but our luggage didn't show up via ME until after midnight. Me being the worrier I am, didn't sleep a WINK until they called to say it was there. Then, for some reason that I can't remember (maybe just to get it over with so I could go to sleep) I had to shlep out of the room in my jammies all the way to the lobby to haul our stuff back to the room with a cart. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep before our first park day.

BTW - DH slept through the whole thing or I would've made HIM do it, but one sleepy, grumpy husband does not start the vacation off on the right foot, so I took one for the team.

Anyway................... is this an unusual occurence or could expect the same thing this trip? We are arriving at our resort (AKL) at exactly the same time of night as before.
DME has a 3 hour-ish window to get your luggage to the room, so that sounds pretty normal. You can pick up your own luggage and have them put it under the DME bus so it goes with you instead of waiting to get it delivered.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #1854
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
DME has a 3 hour-ish window to get your luggage to the room, so that sounds pretty normal. You can pick up your own luggage and have them put it under the DME bus so it goes with you instead of waiting to get it delivered.
That's a great idea. I just might have to do that. I figured they frowned on that, since it seems like they'd be looking for our luggage and it woudn't be there though. No?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #1855
brobrosmom
DIS Veteran

No I don't think they would be looking for it. We carried our luggage on the ME bus last January. It worked great for us.

brobrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1856
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
That's a great idea. I just might have to do that. I figured they frowned on that, since it seems like they'd be looking for our luggage and it woudn't be there though. No?
Nah, you'll be fine. They usually ask how many bags you need picked up. I don't know if they'll just put 0 or what, but it's not a problem.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #1857
mommyrants
Mouseketeer

Woo! Our Mickey Mail came! I was worried about it, but it must have some while I was out of town for work. DH didn't even mention it!

29 days!

mommyrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #1858
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscherrer View Post
And one day at US IOA to see harry potter world (my daughters absolute favorite ). Anybody got recommendations for dining there?
I wasn't sure if you're post was asking for dining recommendations at Potterland , or just in general. We have been twice. Three Broomsticks is pretty good food. We've had breakfast and lunch there. Both were good. If you only want one, I would do lunch. Yummy. And of course, don't forget the butterbeer. We didn't eat anywhere else but there. I'm a Potter nerd. Loved the atmosphere there!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #1859
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matynurse View Post
Well my oldest DD is 13 so maybe we should avoid each other hahaha jk. Well my profile pic was a week ago and my name is Janelle if u see us Really hoping the weather gods r on our sides this year!!
It would embarrass him to death talking to a girl around his parents, I think we're safe. I don't have a profile pic as I never got around to adding one and I certainly don't dress like Mr. Toad! Well, not on vacation anyway. My name is Karl, so hopefully we'll bump into each other.

One of our friends is the local TV Weatherman, so I slipped him a bribe for good weather. I'm sure money well invested.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #1860
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToad1345 View Post
It would embarrass him to death talking to a girl around his parents, I think we're safe. I don't have a profile pic as I never got around to adding one and I certainly don't dress like Mr. Toad! Well, not on vacation anyway. My name is Karl, so hopefully we'll bump into each other.

One of our friends is the local TV Weatherman, so I slipped him a bribe for good weather. I'm sure money well invested.
Hmmm.

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: