Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #1756
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyjean99 View Post
I can't stop checking this site to see if anyone has posted other ideas or tips. I don't even know what I am looking for at this point but I keep checking due to my excitement.

What types of snacks do you pack for the park?
We are bringing some of our boy's favourite snack packs - Oreo Thinsations, granola bars and nutrigrains. They will be more for keeping them happy if there are any big lines than to fill them.
We will also have our Brita sport bottles, we never leave the house without them!
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #1757
melissarose
Mouseketeer

i am getting so antsy!! i just walked to the mailbox (i have one of those stupid super-mailboxes) because i was SURE my mickey mail would be here by now. but no, it's not!! i am 23 days away, where is my mail?! what if it never comes?! i'm so bummed out!!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #1758
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Has anyone ever been the last week of Feb.? The crowd levels don't look bad, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this week?
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #1759
NandK
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobrosmom View Post
We usually leave on Friday and stop around Tallahassee for the night. We are going to try to pull out of here around 2pm so we can make it to Tallahassee at a decent time. Hoping to be at Disney around lunch so I will have them up and at it early Saturday morning. I don't like to waste any "Disney Time"!
Well, I just ended the debate. I booked a room in the WDW area for friday so we can check in that night (probably around midnight) to get some sleep before all the fun begins. My two options were: 1. Start driving around 1 a.m. on Saturday morning to arrive around 10 am Saturday or 2. Start driving ASAP after my wife and children get out of school (around 3 or 4 pm) and pay for a cheap hotel room that we will check into around 12 to 1 am. I found a 2 bedroom suite for $110 (which will be split) southwest of WDW property so I couldn't pass it up! I am the only one to drive so this is the better option for me (less sleep deprived). We have DTD planned for that Saturday so there is no huge rush Saturday morning, unless I pull a game-changer and add a day to our tickets which is only another $50 total.

Tallahassee is our half way mark (we have an 8.5 hour drive) so you should be good without having to wake everyone up with the roosters.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #1760
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobrosmom View Post
Fort Wilderness is great and really is one of our favorite places to stay. We have a motorhome so we stay at one of the campsites and have never stayed in a cabin. We love The Fort for the down time. On those trips we typically spend just the mornings and lunch at the parks and then spend the afternoons and evenings at the campground. They have so much to do for kids and it really feels like a different kind of Disney vacation. My husband could go to The Fort and never even go to the parks...he loves it that much. LOL

I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something different and if you do please please schedule time to just hang and enjoy the campground.
We will definitely have to try it one day. It sounds great!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #1761
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
I had to come over here to get away from the controversial threads about fp's and leaving 12 year olds alone . At least everyone is happy here .
Right? I love the DIS, but some of the threads....
Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #1762
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Has anyone ever been the last week of Feb.? The crowd levels don't look bad, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this week?
Crowds are great Maybe a bit more crowded than early February, but 100x better than most of the other months!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #1763
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Weather looks sooooo good in Orllando right now!

Crossing fingers and toes it holds for another 4 weeks!!!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
mom2princesses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #1764
mks142
Earning My Ears

Super Bowl Sunday at MK

Hello there everyone,
I am new to this board and have just started planning for a last minute trip to MK starting Feb 2nd.
We are staying off property, using hotel points for free rooms, but I was wondering what you all thought about crowds at MK on Super Bowl Sunday? I see it is Extra Magic Hours in the evening? I have a 3 and 5 DD 's so we will be there early in the morning.
UT shows it will not be that crowded, but I am still a bit nervous.
thanks so much I have loved reading the great tips in the past few days
Keep them up!
mks142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #1765
mks142
Earning My Ears

Love the Farm Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
Add me to the list of happy to be driving so I don't have to stress about packing too much. Figuring on lots of layers
Please tell me I'm not the only one to keep looking at the menus to plan what I want to eat? We were at the PA Farm Show yesterday and they wanted $6 for a funnel cake. Dh asked if I wanted to get one. Told him no, I'll just wait till Feb and have one in Epcot w/ a snack credit
I grew up in PA and never missed the farm show! O the memories! My parents still go every year!
mks142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #1766
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Surprised at all the PA people here on the Dis.

So how quick do we need to get the the "it rides" since we're going to be there on 3 days? Will Buzz really be 50 minute wait an hour in? Do I need to rush to get to TSM in DHS?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #1767
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
Surprised at all the PA people here on the Dis.

So how quick do we need to get the the "it rides" since we're going to be there on 3 days? Will Buzz really be 50 minute wait an hour in? "]Probably not. Do I need to rush to get to TSM in DHS? Yes, yes you do. At least plan on getting over to pick up your fast passes by 10am. They go quickly.
The other get it early location is Soarin'. Pick up a fast pass in the AM.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #1768
dbprimeaux
DIS Veteran

We will be there Feb. 9-17, 2013!!!

We will be at SSR in a one bedroom villa!!
:wo ohoo:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #1769
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks142 View Post
Hello there everyone,
I am new to this board and have just started planning for a last minute trip to MK starting Feb 2nd.
We are staying off property, using hotel points for free rooms, but I was wondering what you all thought about crowds at MK on Super Bowl Sunday? I see it is Extra Magic Hours in the evening? I have a 3 and 5 DD 's so we will be there early in the morning.
UT shows it will not be that crowded, but I am still a bit nervous.
thanks so much I have loved reading the great tips in the past few days
Keep them up!
Sundays at MK can be busy, but I don't think it will be real bad. I think a lot of locals will stay home and watch the Super Bowl.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #1770
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Sundays at MK can be busy, but I don't think it will be real bad. I think a lot of locals will stay home and watch the Super Bowl.
The unofficial guide says that Super Bowl Sunday is one of the least crowded days of the year, so totally take advantage of it!
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: