Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #1711
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I've done the tours before and they never showed on the website. No problems!!
Same.

BBB and recreational stuff doesn't either. It'd be nice if it did!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #1712
mollyjean99
Earning My Ears

Smile too many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I'm planning to snack around the world in Epcot...unfortunately, our 'Ohana ADR is that night Still, I can have a few snacks..

That's a LOT of food- how many people are going??
I know! - We have 12 people going and we will be in the cabins for a few days. It is going to be a circus so I am trying to have as much food together in advance in order to decrease stress levels at meal times. Nothing is worse than being tired and hungry with 6 kids 7 and under and your in-laws!
mollyjean99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #1713
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

1 month away!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #1714
matynurse
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! Late entry here. We had planned a trip for Feb of this year all year last year. When free dining never materialized we kind of gave up on Disney for the year. Well hubby was prodding me to "find a way" to get our middle daughter there. She will be turning 9 in Feb and he is afraid we are going to miss seeing her light up one last time We've been there twice, once when oldest daughter was 4 1/2 and middle was a baby, then when oldest was 8+, and middle was almost 4. Both magical vacations age/princess wise.
Anyway after reading about the elusive "pin codes" I called on Jan 3rd and low and behold we had FREE dining!! So we are now heading to CBR Feb 23rd-March 1st. (kicking my behind we didn't extend til 2nd And now it's a $100 fee per person to change air on JetBlue so not happening ). This is our 1st trip as a family of 5! Jaselyn is 13, Jadalyn is going to be 9, and our son Jaxden turned 2 in July. I have a few qs. Obviously ADRs are slim pickins. Any chance of getting better times, restaurants closer time or there? We are use to girly things so suggestions for Jax? Thanks y'all for any help

Last edited by matynurse; 01-08-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: mistake
matynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #1715
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyjean99 View Post
I know! - We have 12 people going and we will be in the cabins for a few days. It is going to be a circus so I am trying to have as much food together in advance in order to decrease stress levels at meal times. Nothing is worse than being tired and hungry with 6 kids 7 and under and your in-laws!
Holy cow! 6 kids under 7? I think you deserve a medal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matynurse View Post
Hi Everyone! Late entry here. We had planned a trip for Feb of this year all year last year. When free dining never materialized we kind of gave up on Disney for the year. Well hubby was prodding me to "find a way" to get our middle daughter there. She will be turning 9 in Feb and he is afraid we are going to miss seeing her light up one last time We've been there twice, once when oldest daughter was 4 1/2 and middle was a baby, then when oldest was 8+, and middle was almost 4. Both magical vacations age/princess wise.
Anyway after reading about the elusive "pin codes" I called on Jan 3rd and low and behold we had FREE dining!! So we are now heading to CBR Feb 23rd-March 1st. (kicking my behind we didn't extend til 2nd And now it's a $100 fee per person to change air on JetBlue so not happening ). This is our 1st trip as a family of 5! Jaselyn is 13, Jadalyn is going to be 9, and our son Jaxden turned 2 in July. I have a few qs. Obviously ADRs are slim pickins. Any chance of getting better times, restaurants closer time or there? We are use to girly things so suggestions for Jax? Thanks y'all for any help
I am going that week also, and reservations are pretty open except for BOG. You might get lucky depending on what you want. Just take a look!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1716
tink68
Mouseketeer

36 days!

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
tink68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #1717
matynurse
Mouseketeer

I am going that week also, and reservations are pretty open except for BOG. You might get lucky depending on what you want. Just take a look![/QUOTE]

Zero at BOG so we will do lunch but REALLY want to do Ohana again, kids loved last time, and earliest all week is 8:35 pm. Not sure DS will be at all tolerable then... Or should I say not sure he would make anyone else's dinner there tolerable

Last edited by matynurse; 01-08-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: /
matynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #1718
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
I actually just checked in yesterday, so you should be able to also. But there was a list that you could check off. Mine showed floor levels and views. Anything outside of that you should call and they will add a note to your reservation.

EDIT: Just saw you DON'T want to check-in online, sorry. Let me add to that, in addition to calling you can make your request when you check-in in person at the hotel also.
It's our 1st time staying on site, so I thought I'd be better on checking in normally.
I know a few people mentioned they put down 1st trip in their reservations, so I wanted to note that. I know a couple said they got pins/buttons for their kids first trip??? Thought that might be cool for my guys (8 &5)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #1719
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

I've done the tours before and they never showed on the website. No problems!!
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to these tours! I suspect they will be highlights of our trip.

Katie
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #1720
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Oh and a fun little idea, don't know if anyone else is interested.... I was at the grocery store and they were clearing out Christmas stuff. They had Disney soaps (2 soaps and lotion for the girls 2 soaps and hairgel for the boys) for $2.50. I got Cars for DS and princesses for DD. I'm going to wrap them up and put them on the beds for when we get back to the room our 1st night. I also got DD a Barbie Cinderella for $4.75. Just need to find something else for DS. Figured they could find a special surprise the middle of the trip as well.
Was going to leave them on the bed, but didn't want to make it hard for Mousekeeping to make the beds. Guess I'll just leave them on the dresser for the kids to find.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #1721
KristeeS
Earning My Ears

We're staying at Art of Animation in The Little Mermaid from 2/11 to 2/17! So excited!

We've never been so I have a shuttle question. We scheduled a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare the same day we're going to Epcot. Will we be able to take a shuttle from 1900 Park Fare straight to Epcot or will we have to ride back to Art of Animation to take that shuttle to Epcot? Basically how much trouble have I gotten myself into? Lol
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #1722
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
It's our 1st time staying on site, so I thought I'd be better on checking in normally.
I know a few people mentioned they put down 1st trip in their reservations, so I wanted to note that. I know a couple said they got pins/buttons for their kids first trip??? Thought that might be cool for my guys (8 &5)
You WILL get first time buttons and buttons for anything else you can think of to celebrate. Every time we have CM's checking us in that insist we must have something to celebrate. Buttons all round! Fun souvie!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #1723
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristeeS View Post
We're staying at Art of Animation in The Little Mermaid from 2/11 to 2/17! So excited!

We've never been so I have a shuttle question. We scheduled a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare the same day we're going to Epcot. Will we be able to take a shuttle from 1900 Park Fare straight to Epcot or will we have to ride back to Art of Animation to take that shuttle to Epcot? Basically how much trouble have I gotten myself into? Lol
Hop on the monorail at the Grand Floridian. Switch at the transportation depot to the Epcot line. Have fun!!!
Or you can take the bus straight to Epcot.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #1724
brobrosmom
DIS Veteran

Decided to change our resort from Saratoga to AKV Kidani Village. We stayed there in November and I totally fell in love. Our dates are staying the same 9th -16th.

brobrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #1725
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobrosmom
Decided to change our resort from Saratoga to AKV Kidani Village. We stayed there in November and I totally fell in love. Our dates are staying the same 9th -16th.
Kidani is awesome! We stayed in Feb. 2010 and fell in love, also! The only reason we are staying at BLT is the convenience of the monorail with a double stroller. When the children no longer need that monster, we will be Kidani bound every trip. Oh, we have the same dates, so I guess we are both hoping for good weather. You gotta love Mardi Gras holiday!

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: