Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #1681
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
Add me to the list of happy to be driving so I don't have to stress about packing too much. Figuring on lots of layers
Please tell me I'm not the only one to keep looking at the menus to plan what I want to eat? We were at the PA Farm Show yesterday and they wanted $6 for a funnel cake. Dh asked if I wanted to get one. Told him no, I'll just wait till Feb and have one in Epcot w/ a snack credit
I love the way you think! We are just like that. Most treats in the real world just aren't worth buying when we can get them with a snack point in THE World!
We always make sure to have points for sandwiches to take to MCO on the way home, because after a week on free or nearly free dining, I can't bring myself to pay cash for fastfood in the airport.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #1682
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies

I love the way you think! We are just like that. Most treats in the real world just aren't worth buying when we can get them with a snack point in THE World!
We always make sure to have points for sandwiches to take to MCO on the way home, because after a week on free or nearly free dining, I can't bring myself to pay cash for fastfood in the airport.
That's a really good idea, I'll have to try that!
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #1683
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Do you have any problems bringing food through security check? I have never brought food with me to the airport and was wondering if they would make a fuss if there was like... mayo on it haha
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #1684
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908

Do you have any problems bringing food through security check? I have never brought food with me to the airport and was wondering if they would make a fuss if there was like... mayo on it haha
Haha know this wasnt directed at me but I've brought plenty of baked goods through security no problem. I don't think mayo is a problem, but I don't like it so I've never tried to bring it through.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #1685
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Haha know this wasnt directed at me but I've brought plenty of baked goods through security no problem. I don't think mayo is a problem, but I don't like it so I've never tried to bring it through.
They only have a problem with liquids. Last year MCO officials detained my 23 DD, swabbed her hands and searched all her carryons before removing and throwing away bath salts that she was given for a spa night at the resort. (Apparently a component to a street drug ) We find that ME gets us there so early that there is generally time to eat before we enter security any way. Our favorite is a last minute shopping trip to DTD and Earl of Sandwich to go! The Caprese is yummo! Though generally speaking not a good value for quick service points.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #1686
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Paying the balance today Makes it feel so close!

On another positive note, the new website found all of my reservations!!! Disney felt bad for the stomach virus I had yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
They only have a problem with liquids. Last year MCO officials detained my 23 DD, swabbed her hands and searched all her carryons before removing and throwing away bath salts that she was given for a spa night at the resort. (Apparently a component to a street drug ) We find that ME gets us there so early that there is generally time to eat before we enter security any way. Our favorite is a last minute shopping trip to DTD and Earl of Sandwich to go! The Caprese is yummo! Though generally speaking not a good value for quick service points.
BATH SALTS!?!

I've heard of the whole bath salt drug craze. How do people find these types of things?! Seriously.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #1687
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
Add me to the list of happy to be driving so I don't have to stress about packing too much. Figuring on lots of layers
Please tell me I'm not the only one to keep looking at the menus to plan what I want to eat? We were at the PA Farm Show yesterday and they wanted $6 for a funnel cake. Dh asked if I wanted to get one. Told him no, I'll just wait till Feb and have one in Epcot w/ a snack credit
yes! just sent my sister list of the snacks i want at MK, and a funnel cake at Epcot.
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #1688
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Paying the balance today Makes it feel so close!

On another positive note, the new website found all of my reservations!!! Disney felt bad for the stomach virus I had yesterday!

BATH SALTS!?!

I've heard of the whole bath salt drug craze. How do people find these types of things?! Seriously.
are you feeling better?
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #1689
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharliegirl View Post
yes! just sent my sister list of the snacks i want at MK, and a funnel cake at Epcot.
Can't wait to share one of those cinnamon rolls at Gaston's with DH
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1690
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharliegirl View Post
are you feeling better?
Yes! Thank you for asking! DH went out to get me some Panera soup - fingers crossed! First bite of food in almost 2 days!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #1691
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Got our Mickey Mail today! 33 more days, woohoo!

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #1692
melissarose
Mouseketeer

all of a sudden the crazed-weather checking has begun and i am starting to really wonder what to pack!!! i am obsessed with checking the weather and i'm still 25 days away. i so so so so so hope it is sunny!!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #1693
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
all of a sudden the crazed-weather checking has begun and i am starting to really wonder what to pack!!! i am obsessed with checking the weather and i'm still 25 days away. i so so so so so hope it is sunny!!
From what I've read, February is the least rainy month of the year in Orlando. I don't think you'll get a good idea on precipitation until a couple of days before you leave.

Temperature wise... keeping my fingers crossed. I would hate for it to get below 60, but the 70s sounds perfect to me. I love just wearing a light jacket!
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #1694
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
From what I've read, February is the least rainy month of the year in Orlando. I don't think you'll get a good idea on precipitation until a couple of days before you leave.

Temperature wise... keeping my fingers crossed. I would hate for it to get below 60, but the 70s sounds perfect to me. I love just wearing a light jacket!
i agree 70 would be great!! i wouldn't even be wearing a jacket! lol
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #1695
HawkeyeFan
Earning My Ears

Art of Animation February 23rd-28th!!
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: