Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #1666
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Thanks for the replies. It's settled; peacoat it is. I'll just have to get a locker each day or something and have it there just in case. lmao. I know my temps here sound ideal to those of you that get real winters, but what can I say, I'm a wimp.

On a brighter note, I'm in the 40s!! Woohoo! 49 days. And, I just booked our Dec 2013 trip, so that's pretty exciting too. Too much excitement for one morning!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #1667
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Thanks for the replies. It's settled; peacoat it is. I'll just have to get a locker each day or something and have it there just in case. lmao. I know my temps here sound ideal to those of you that get real winters, but what can I say, I'm a wimp.

On a brighter note, I'm in the 40s!! Woohoo! 49 days. And, I just booked our Dec 2013 trip, so that's pretty exciting too. Too much excitement for one morning!
Not a wimp at all!! You acclimate to the weather you are used to! We had friends come visit from Florida one Fall and they were just freezing while we were outside in jeans in sweatshirts. They went and bought coats!!
If your body isn't used to it, it hits you way harder.

And a December 2013 trip!! How exciting. I think my last Disney bucket list item is to be there for the Christmas season!! We are letting our AP's expire for various reasons and have really been talking about a cruise or island trip for Christmas next year, but there is that little voice in my brain that wants just one December trip before we move on to other vacations for awhile
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #1668
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that we are driving! That way we can pack a wide variety of clothing options.

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #1669
jekajekalynn
A Barbie girl in a Bratz world
"Mommy tooted in the toilet! It was Loooooouuuud!!"
We Girls can do anything, right Barbie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Whelp, it happened. You know that huge dump that life ends up taking on you right before something fun and expensive comes up?! It happened!

My car died yesterday Had to run around all day and buy a new one. Not very happy about adding a car payment into my monthly bills, but I had no choice.

Hurry up Disney - I need a break from reality!
Ooooh! Can I join this club too?! My dh's car had to be jumped by AAA whilst he was taking ds sledding.. Apparently the alternator just went out on it, and on top of the fact the AC is broke on it as well we decided we should just get a new one instead of pumping more $ into this one..

[IMG][/IMG]
jekajekalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #1670
monique5
DVC - BLT & VGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy
I booked through AAA. Do I still get the luggage tags and Mickey Mail--and does anyone know when?? My TA told me 2 weeks prior but that sounds kinda late. I need my Mickey fix!! LOL
Hi! I booked through AAA, travel 2/2-2/9. Our documents arrived this past Monday, 12/31/12 @ AAA. Received in MY mail 1/2/13. DME tags, Souvenir luggage tags, & Disney itinerary (booklet containing Disney & AAA perks). I.e, golf, Disney quest, enchanted phone call, vouchers for: planet Hollywood, wishes preferred viewing, arcade points, Disney story time experience). There are more vouchers in the package. We have the Stay/Play/Dine package plus the AAA perks. TA also included parking discounts for airport.

Hope this helps. 27D til I arrive @ the happiest place on earth!!

Last edited by monique5; 01-06-2013 at 10:39 PM.
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #1671
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Talking about what to pack/wear, i thought i'd share this. We've been having below avg temps here in SW Colorado, highs in teens and twenties. well it finally got to mid 30's today and I saw a few people at the mall in SHORTS!!!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #1672
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina
I have now printed out a lime green Mickey head and laminated it. I will make one more. Then I can have one hanging on my bag and one on my T-shirt if I like.
My sister had made us lime green Mickey pins to wear ( we actually attached them to our handbags) for a previous trip but weren't noticed/approached by any other disers. I think it would be so cool to randomly find some like minded disaholics!
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #1673
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

P.S. 4 weeks from now we'll be finishing our dinner at BOG!!!!
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #1674
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekajekalynn View Post
Ooooh! Can I join this club too?! My dh's car had to be jumped by AAA whilst he was taking ds sledding.. Apparently the alternator just went out on it, and on top of the fact the AC is broke on it as well we decided we should just get a new one instead of pumping more $ into this one..
You sure can! We'll get buttons!

I'm crazy glad we finished up getting a car yesterday. I've been blessed with what has now been deemed 'the stomach flu that will put me at my goal weight!'

Thank goodness for Disboard apps on my phone!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #1675
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Woohoo, looks like we're staying onsite for 2 nights

I don't know what resort yet because mum's looking into renting DVC points, but still, exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
You sure can! We'll get buttons!

I'm crazy glad we finished up getting a car yesterday. I've been blessed with what has now been deemed 'the stomach flu that will put me at my goal weight!'

Thank goodness for Disboard apps on my phone!
Hope you feel better soon, stomach bugs are awful I'm hoping I don't get one on our next trip or before!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip! ~ The One Where I Finally Ride Splash????

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #1676
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

We just booked our hotel for the first night of the drive down. We're going to stay just before the Delaware Memorial Bridge, because if it is snowy I don't want to have to drive over that bridge at night. Just about every minute of our drive down is planned out now. We've got lunch plans with one family member and dinner plans with another family member. And then we're meeting another family member for lunch the next day. We'll reach the Wilderness Lodge having already done a lot!
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #1677
KarJeje5
Earning My Ears

Hi! Joining this thread! It's so cool to see what othe ppl's plans are and to read about the weather and how to plan for it. We'll b driving from Miami so we can pack a variety of clothes just in case. I can't wait!!! For us is only a short trip to just take DD to Magic Kingdom for her 2nd birthday but hopefully everything goes as planned.

Staying at Shades Of Green from Feb. 15-17th.

KarJeje5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #1678
phillytwins
Mouseketeer

I'm just joining this thread too! We are going Feb 12-19th!
I like hearing about people's weather experiences in the cooler months. We went in Dec 2010 and wore winter coats the first half of trip, but by the last few days, we had shorts and t-shirts on and temps in upper 70's! It's fun to pack for every season
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #1679
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list of happy to be driving so I don't have to stress about packing too much. Figuring on lots of layers
Please tell me I'm not the only one to keep looking at the menus to plan what I want to eat? We were at the PA Farm Show yesterday and they wanted $6 for a funnel cake. Dh asked if I wanted to get one. Told him no, I'll just wait till Feb and have one in Epcot w/ a snack credit
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #1680
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
Hi! I booked through AAA, travel 2/2-2/9. Our documents arrived this past Monday, 12/31/12 @ AAA. Received in MY mail 1/2/13. DME tags, Souvenir luggage tags, & Disney itinerary (booklet containing Disney & AAA perks). I.e, golf, Disney quest, enchanted phone call, vouchers for: planet Hollywood, wishes preferred viewing, arcade points, Disney story time experience). There are more vouchers in the package. We have the Stay/Play/Dine package plus the AAA perks. TA also included parking discounts for airport.

Hope this helps. 27D til I arrive @ the happiest place on earth!!
Ooooo hope I get mine soon too!! Have a great time!! We're arriving 2/8.

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: