Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #1651
melissarose
Mouseketeer
 
melissarose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
So I live about 25 west of DLR. We went there tonight and the temperatures at their lowest hit about 55. How does this compare with FL Feb weather.

With everyones posts about Feb weather and what to pack, I figured I was the same as everyone else. Just a few layers, maybe a hoodie and a some gloves.

Tonight, is making me think differently. I was wearing jeans, UGG boots (fakies of course), a long sleeved shirt, with a pullover sweatshirt, AND a peacoat!! And I was a little upset that I forgot my scarf and beanie. LMAO.

I know I'm a spoiled California girl (weather-wise) and don't know what cold is. You don't have to tell me that! lol. But honestly, should I be considering bringing my peacoat?
Lol it's funny how weather stresses everyone out but in different ways! 55 is about 12/13 degrees Celsius which to me sounds sooo good right about now. We have a low of minus 10 tomorrow here in London. I wonder what it would be like to live in California. I think amaaaazing. I want to go so bad! Anyways I am really worried about rain on this trip. I hope to god it doesn't rain.

Ps I have never been in February but I have read it gets cool in the evening so I would pack the peacoat just in case
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #1652
polly p
dvc member
 
polly p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York State
Posts: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So I live about 25 west of DLR. We went there tonight and the temperatures at their lowest hit about 55. How does this compare with FL Feb weather.

With everyones posts about Feb weather and what to pack, I figured I was the same as everyone else. Just a few layers, maybe a hoodie and a some gloves.

Tonight, is making me think differently. I was wearing jeans, UGG boots (fakies of course), a long sleeved shirt, with a pullover sweatshirt, AND a peacoat!! And I was a little upset that I forgot my scarf and beanie. LMAO.

I know I'm a spoiled California girl (weather-wise) and don't know what cold is. You don't have to tell me that! lol. But honestly, should I be considering bringing my peacoat?
We were in WDW 2/2010 and it so cold at night, even with coat, scarf, gloves we froze watching illuminations and evening events. During the day wasn't much better, but at least the sun was shining. This year I am definitely over packing! I bought so much stuff that year because we were so unprepared. 4
I can't wait till our trip! 42 more days! Any weather has to be better than New York.
__________________
Me DH DD22 DS20 DD14
Disneyland 1980 DixieLandings 1999 AS Movies 2001 VWL 2003 AKL 4/2006 DCL Magic western 4/8/2006 VWL 2/15/08 SSR 2/2010 AS Sports 5/2010 BCV 8/2010 BWV 8/2010 BWV 10/13/2011 Aulani 12/2011 AKV 10/2012 BLT 2/2013
polly p is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #1653
Marblies
DIS Veteran
 
Marblies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,403

Since I have been lurking, I have to throw my 2 bits on regarding the temps.
Regardless what you are accustomed to at home, most people rarely spend so much of the day outside and standing still. Winter 2010 has to be a bitter cold record. The WIND never stopped and brought the "feels like" temp way down. However in Feb 2008, it was very pleasant and didn't rain for us at all. You just really never know. We were prepared because we watched the 10 day forecast right up to our trips. We also booked airlines that don't charge for extra luggage in case we need those wool coats and scarves.

True Horror story....December 2010 watching Fantasmic while wrapped up to the gills including hand pocket warmers and still feeling the chill. Families all around us are in shorts and tanks sharing Disney fleece blankets from the gift shops or sporting the new sweatshirts they were compelled to buy. We shared with the family in front of us, but there was only so much to go around. Then out comes the dragon breathing fire into the arena, the warmth poured into the stands to relieve the crowds. Enter Mickey to slay the dragon....the stadium actually BOOed Mickey Mouse. Pleading with him to spare the dragon and let us stay warm. It was really a sad, sad thing. Happy ending - despite the frigid temps - best trip ever! (well, until Sept.2013- but that's another story).


PS. Still haven't fixed my ticker - 34 days until POP - got to get a wedding done first!
__________________


2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #1654
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

I booked through AAA. Do I still get the luggage tags and Mickey Mail--and does anyone know when?? My TA told me 2 weeks prior but that sounds kinda late. I need my Mickey fix!! LOL
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #1655
2inlovewithDisney
Earning My Ears
 
2inlovewithDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 25

I have been lurking and reading many posters about the temperature. We went in Feb 7 to 14 2009 and we got wonderful weather. Two weeks prior it had snowed and had been -5C but during my week it was short and capris all week. The temp was maybe 75 to 85 one day. I guess it was a fluke!
__________________
Me 30 , DH 34, DD 7, DS 2
CBR '91, Off-Site '96, Pop '09, Pop '13 Disneymoon
2inlovewithDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1656
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 351

We went last feb and did not find it cold. We had one day that was chilly in low 60's but warmed some mid day. Kids had sweatshirts but I didn't feel as if I even needed one. It was the one day I wore Capri instead of shorts. Granted we didn't do much at night either...
__________________
Julie (and DH, DD-10, DS-8 & DD-3)
2/98 Offsite 2/99 Offsite 6/06 ASMovies 6/08 Offsite 4/09 ASMusic 4/11 POR 2/12 CBR 8/12 AoA 2/13 CR/Dream 8/13 YC/GF 2/14 POR/Dream/AoA 11/14 BC 4/15 Dream
julieanddanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #1657
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Since I have been lurking, I have to throw my 2 bits on regarding the temps.
Regardless what you are accustomed to at home, most people rarely spend so much of the day outside and standing still. Winter 2010 has to be a bitter cold record. The WIND never stopped and brought the "feels like" temp way down. However in Feb 2008, it was very pleasant and didn't rain for us at all. You just really never know. We were prepared because we watched the 10 day forecast right up to our trips. We also booked airlines that don't charge for extra luggage in case we need those wool coats and scarves.

True Horror story....December 2010 watching Fantasmic while wrapped up to the gills including hand pocket warmers and still feeling the chill. Families all around us are in shorts and tanks sharing Disney fleece blankets from the gift shops or sporting the new sweatshirts they were compelled to buy. We shared with the family in front of us, but there was only so much to go around. Then out comes the dragon breathing fire into the arena, the warmth poured into the stands to relieve the crowds. Enter Mickey to slay the dragon....the stadium actually BOOed Mickey Mouse. Pleading with him to spare the dragon and let us stay warm. It was really a sad, sad thing. Happy ending - despite the frigid temps - best trip ever! (well, until Sept.2013- but that's another story).


PS. Still haven't fixed my ticker - 34 days until POP - got to get a wedding done first!
that is hysterical!! poor Mickey!!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #1658
eeyorefan107
Mouseketeer
 
eeyorefan107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 104

We went the last week of January last year, and the mornings were a little chilly. (think upper 50's, low 60's.) I'm from Chicago, so that kind of cold is just long sleeves for me, maybe a sweatshirt if it's breezy. The daytime temps were all in the mid to upper 70's, and we only had one night where it rained. We're driving, so we'll have our winter wear if it gets too cold. For the most part, I'm packing pants, capris, long and short sleeves, and a sweater or two. 25 more days to go!! =)
__________________


Counting down the days until our next Disney Trip!!

eeyorefan107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #1659
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly p
We were in WDW 2/2010 and it so cold at night, even with coat, scarf, gloves we froze watching illuminations and evening events. During the day wasn't much better, but at least the sun was shining. This year I am definitely over packing! I bought so much stuff that year because we were so unprepared. 4
I can't wait till our trip! 42 more days! Any weather has to be better than New York.
So funny. We were there the same time and wore Tshirts and jeans all week! Lol
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #1660
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy
I booked through AAA. Do I still get the luggage tags and Mickey Mail--and does anyone know when?? My TA told me 2 weeks prior but that sounds kinda late. I need my Mickey fix!! LOL
It is but only because Disney will send docs to AAA and then AAA sends it to you. Takes a little longer that way.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #1661
pbruce706
Mouseketeer
 
pbruce706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 88

Last time we went was in Feb 2005, weather was cool, rained most of the time, but crowds were thin, walked on pretty much every ride, it's the reason we planned it for February again.

As I tell people, I'd rather go when it's 12C in Florida and -14C back home (Canada) than go when it's 23C in Florida and 25C back home.
__________________

___________________
1975 Offsite | 1979 LBV Villas | 1993 Hilton LBV | 1997 DL Offsite | 1999 GF | Feb 2005 ASMo | Nov 2007 CSR | Feb 2013 POFQ | Aug 2014 BC (*crosses fingers*)
pbruce706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #1662
Terkina
DIS Veteran
 
Terkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nortern Norway
Posts: 1,087

I have now printed out a lime green Mickey head and laminated it. I will make one more. Then I can have one hanging on my bag and one on my T-shirt if I like.
__________________
Disneyland 1981, 1986, 2013
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990, 2013
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011


My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #1663
wvasweetness
Mouseketeer
 
wvasweetness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Beautiful WV
Posts: 141

We got our Mickey Mail yesterday!

26 days and counting!
wvasweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1664
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbruce706 View Post
Last time we went was in Feb 2005, weather was cool, rained most of the time, but crowds were thin, walked on pretty much every ride, it's the reason we planned it for February again.

As I tell people, I'd rather go when it's 12C in Florida and -14C back home (Canada) than go when it's 23C in Florida and 25C back home.
Agreed. It was so cold and windy this weekend that a week of cool temperatures and rain sounds just about perfect. When you are running to get the mail and back because you just can't stand it, just about anything else seems like a wonderful idea

I would be disappointed with having to bring my parka on the plane and wear it it in the parks though

(It was 14F on Friday, and probably lower with the windchill. Yuck).
__________________
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #1665
apentney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 114

25 days 21 hrs till we are standing at the ropes at MK.
apentney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: