Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #1636
BeBeCee
Earning My Ears
 
BeBeCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvasweetness View Post
We're in central WV - not too far! We're struggling with clothing choices too - light coat or heavy? Hat and gloves or none? Shorts or only pants?

Oh, the choices!!
We went in January last year and the mornings and evenings could be cool, but by mid-day we were down to just our t-shirts. One evening it was really cold and we were wearing coats and hats, but for the most part, dressing in layers was effective. The only negative to that is once you start taking off the layers, you have to carry them around or store them in some way. We used our stroller and most days we had our jackets smushed in the cargo of the stroller. I wore flip flops one day. Ha.
BeBeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #1637
wendiloveswalt
WendiLovesWalt
 
wendiloveswalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 30

We just found out over Christmas that we're going to the World from 2-23 through 2-28 staying at CSR, followed by a 3 day cruise on the Dream from 2-28 to 3-3!

Subscribing to this thread to hear all the great tips for February at Disney.

We've been there in November and March, but never February. I hope it's a good time to go.
__________________

DS 7, DD 4, DD 6 months
March 2012 CSR,Nov 2010 WL,July 2006 Disneyland
May 2005 Disneyland,Dec 1994 Big Red Boat/WDW Offsite,Several childhood trips staying offsite
wendiloveswalt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #1638
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,581

When I go in early Feb., I usually pack long pants, shorts, and capris as well as short sleeve shirts and jackets. I check the weather obsessively up to the day before we go and adjust my packing accordingly. If its predicted to be cold, I add an extra pair of long pants and add an extra pair of shorts if we're lucky enough to get very warm weather. I have a very nice thin (but warm) coat I'll wear on the plane. If we're very unlucky and have cold weather, I know that its there if I need it.

This year, I'm going during the last week of Feb. It looks like the avg. temps are warmer, so I'm hoping for more shorts and capris .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #1639
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran
 
LucyBC80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
To add to that, I highly recommend using Drop Box. It's for your computer, tablets, and phones, I have it on all my electronics. It's online free storage that lets me open any document on any device. So I start my lists and so on in word and then I can look at them on my phone whenever I want.
Good reminder! I also use Dropbox, it's very convenient to sync all of your documents with all of your devices and computer.
__________________
Me => Mom =>
LucyBC80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #1640
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,456

Trip officially booked!! Best friend and I headed down:
Feb 24-March 2nd
Staying at Pop!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #1641
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Trip officially booked!! Best friend and I headed down:
Feb 24-March 2nd
Staying at Pop!
We have the exact same dates! Except we are staying at AS Music!
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #1642
ginnygi
Mouseketeer
 
ginnygi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 258

CSR too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiloveswalt View Post
We just found out over Christmas that we're going to the World from 2-23 through 2-28 staying at CSR, followed by a 3 day cruise on the Dream from 2-28 to 3-3!

Subscribing to this thread to hear all the great tips for February at Disney.

We've been there in November and March, but never February. I hope it's a good time to go.
We will be at CSR at the same time! Maybe we will see you hanging out by the pool

For everyone else going the last week of Feb., will you be wearing anything to the parks to let everyone know you are disers? I dont own anything in lime green, its really not my color...
__________________
ginnygi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #1643
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,509

Whelp, it happened. You know that huge dump that life ends up taking on you right before something fun and expensive comes up?! It happened!

My car died yesterday Had to run around all day and buy a new one. Not very happy about adding a car payment into my monthly bills, but I had no choice.

Hurry up Disney - I need a break from reality!
__________________
aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #1644
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears
 
PrincessHanasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

FEBRUARY DESSERT PARTY IS OPEN!!! GO GO GO

ETA: Gave me times for 2/28 - whole month is available!! Woo Hoo!

Thank you so much for posting this!!
My TA kept telling me that she was checking but they were not open yet. With your head up, I was able to get in on the night I wanted. Thank you!!
PrincessHanasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #1645
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings
 
Kathy Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Whelp, it happened. You know that huge dump that life ends up taking on you right before something fun and expensive comes up?! It happened!

My car died yesterday Had to run around all day and buy a new one. Not very happy about adding a car payment into my monthly bills, but I had no choice.

Hurry up Disney - I need a break from reality!
Oh, so sorry to hear that. I do know how that feels. A year ago Sept. our mini-van died less than 2 weeks before a family wedding 550 miles from home. Granted, it was a 1998 model but had low mileage and was expected to last a lot longer. In our hurried shopping we did not find exactly what we wanted so we signed a 2-year lease for our first experience of leasing a vehicle. Now we know we have to buy a car this fall but we have time to plan. Our other car is a 2003 and we're hoping it continues to perk along just fine for a long life.

May all your wishes come true at Disney
__________________
Polynesian Apr. 1975 & May 1980 w/DH, DD, & DS The Disney Inn (Originally The Golf Resort; now Shades of Green) Christmas 1985 w/DH, DD & DS
Polynesian May 2009 w/DH, DGD (10) & DGD (7) BWI Dec 2009 w/DH; AKL Dec 2010 w/DH; AKL Feb. 2012 w/DH; POR w/DH Feb. 2013
WL Nov 2013 w/DH & DGS (8) POFQ Feb 2014 w/DH
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #1646
wendiloveswalt
WendiLovesWalt
 
wendiloveswalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnygi View Post
We will be at CSR at the same time! Maybe we will see you hanging out by the pool

For everyone else going the last week of Feb., will you be wearing anything to the parks to let everyone know you are disers? I dont own anything in lime green, its really not my color...
Hopefully, we'll run into you. We'll be a party of 10 all together.

I don't have any lime green either as it's a putrid color on me too.

We're tentativley planning our pool days to be the 23rd and the 27th. If you'll be around the pool on those days, I'll look for you to say hi.
__________________

DS 7, DD 4, DD 6 months
March 2012 CSR,Nov 2010 WL,July 2006 Disneyland
May 2005 Disneyland,Dec 1994 Big Red Boat/WDW Offsite,Several childhood trips staying offsite
wendiloveswalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #1647
monique5
DVC - BLT
 
monique5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 597

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
To add to that, I highly recommend using Drop Box. It's for your computer, tablets, and phones, I have it on all my electronics. It's online free storage that lets me open any document on any device. So I start my lists and so on in word and then I can look at them on my phone whenever I want.
GREAT Reminder!! I just started using DropBox this summer. To think I've been wondering how to carry my colored coded itinerary around the parks. Which I wasn't going to do. But no App (that I know off) would let me list my non-dining reservaations, plans. Then I see posts on this thread about NOTE'D and others, but I already have DB. Just added this App to my phone. Yippee!

If anyone subscribes to TouringPlans, they have the App WDW Lines. It's been accuarate with times I've seen posting on DIS from other Apps people are using.

Also, for those traveling by car or want to know the best routes for Disney transportaion, OLP WDW Transportation is good.

28D to go! Woo-hoo!
__________________

monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #1648
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
Thank you so much for posting this!!
My TA kept telling me that she was checking but they were not open yet. With your head up, I was able to get in on the night I wanted. Thank you!!
Yay! I'm patiently waiting for March Or not so patiently!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Oh, so sorry to hear that. I do know how that feels. A year ago Sept. our mini-van died less than 2 weeks before a family wedding 550 miles from home. Granted, it was a 1998 model but had low mileage and was expected to last a lot longer. In our hurried shopping we did not find exactly what we wanted so we signed a 2-year lease for our first experience of leasing a vehicle. Now we know we have to buy a car this fall but we have time to plan. Our other car is a 2003 and we're hoping it continues to perk along just fine for a long life.

May all your wishes come true at Disney
Thanks! Trying to look at the positive - we're fortunate enough to be able to get a replacement right away. It could have been a lot worse.
__________________
aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #1649
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,683

Confessions of a Southern California Girl

So I live about 25 west of DLR. We went there tonight and the temperatures at their lowest hit about 55. How does this compare with FL Feb weather.

With everyones posts about Feb weather and what to pack, I figured I was the same as everyone else. Just a few layers, maybe a hoodie and a some gloves.

Tonight, is making me think differently. I was wearing jeans, UGG boots (fakies of course), a long sleeved shirt, with a pullover sweatshirt, AND a peacoat!! And I was a little upset that I forgot my scarf and beanie. LMAO.

I know I'm a spoiled California girl (weather-wise) and don't know what cold is. You don't have to tell me that! lol. But honestly, should I be considering bringing my peacoat?
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #1650
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,370

I'm really confused about the weather too. On my weather app (I check multiple times a day) it's already 18 C 64 F at 9am most days i check. well to us Brits that's a hot summers day and if we were to go outside you would see EVERY ONE in shorts. So I'm hoping in 3 weeks time it will be similar. I just want to see the sun it's been a long time we had the wettest year ever on record in 2012.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: