Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #151
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I'm very shy and non-confrontational .. but I might have had a few (not so nice) words for that CM if I had her talk to ME that way. Having been in customer service for many years .. it drives me batty when someone in that position is rude to me.

I can't wait to see how Anakins carbon freeze turns out !!

Jayden doesn't tolerate the heat very well either.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #152
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What a nasty, nasty cm. There is no excuse for that behavior. Its a good thing the bad cms out balance the bad ones.
It's rare to see something like that. I think that's why incidents like that stick out more. Perhaps we come to expect the excellent customer to the point of taking it for granted? I make it a point not to take it for granted. We had excellent customer service today at the CP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
So it has taken a couple of days, but I have finally found my way over here and caught up. Loving all the Star Wars stuff. I really can't wait until next year when SWW comes back.
Welcome!! So you have decided to do SWW even if Liam isn't with you? That's awesome. I hope your week coincide with SWW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesternbelle View Post
I have always thought of visiting during star wars weekends... is it worth the crowds, or is it better to go end of january when the parks are dead?
Welcome!! SWW are awesome! The day we did the Carbon Freeze Me was a Thursday. The park was not crowded, it was perfect for attractions. SWW are definately crowded.

I love Disney in the winter!! January around New Year's Day week, will be crowded! Martin Luther King weekend will also be crowded since most schools have off. The other part of January are great! The parks close early, but the crowds are not there.

Packing is a whole different ball game in May vs January. In May you know it will be hot, so there is less to pack. In January, you never know if it will be cold or hot, so packing clothes to layer is key, which means more clothing in the suitcase. (Especially with the temp difference from day to night, a jacket or sweater is usually a must at night. Sometimes it's a winter coat needed at night.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesternbelle View Post
ps: LOVING THE TR!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
How rude of that CM !!!I work with many who have autism so I do understand ,1 I work with regularly is obsessed with the silky lining of coats , he takes anyones and just feels it which of course causes a huge uproar from the owner of the coat !! We have purchased him some material od the same nature that he picked out and are trying to see if this will help!!!
Today we saw Donald at the MK, Anakin was quick to tell us that Donald did not feel the same.

Sounds like interesting work! I hope the material will help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
So sorry that you started off with a rough day, but glad that the temp cooled down and everything worked out great! Very sorry that you had to witness a very un-Disney CM. I hope the CM was reported for such ill behaviour! Even if it wasn't customary to sell the buckets alone, the GUEST should NEVER be reprimanded for not knowing the rules. And if another CM needed to be reprimanded, it should always be done out of the guest's eyes/ears. I hope I don't encounter this CM ... I'm not sure I could hold my tongue.
What was interesting was while I was deciding what to order, the guy who rang us up told me the price of the R2D2 with the snack vs the price of just the snack. He also told me that you can buy the R2D2 alone. I ended up getting pizza instead of the snack pack and no R2D2.

I did say something to the guy who was on the cash register. I mentioned that he did tell us you could buy it all separate.

I'm not sure that the guest fully understood what was going on around her. She spoke with a thick accent and just smiled and nodded when they spoke to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I'm very shy and non-confrontational .. but I might have had a few (not so nice) words for that CM if I had her talk to ME that way. Having been in customer service for many years .. it drives me batty when someone in that position is rude to me.

I can't wait to see how Anakins carbon freeze turns out !!

Jayden doesn't tolerate the heat very well either.
I can't wait either! How did Jayden do when you all were here?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #153
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

I have to say your little one is adorable! He obviously wins the hearts of all that is around him. I so wish my DH and I were the lady in line talking with him - he could have talked for hours and we would have given him all the attention in the world! So pleasing to see all the pixie dust that was spread his way during the trip. There are still alot of good people in the world. Can't wait to hear about the Fairy Godmother.......
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #154
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
I have to say your little one is adorable! He obviously wins the hearts of all that is around him. I so wish my DH and I were the lady in line talking with him - he could have talked for hours and we would have given him all the attention in the world! So pleasing to see all the pixie dust that was spread his way during the trip. There are still alot of good people in the world. Can't wait to hear about the Fairy Godmother.......
Thanks! He is very dramatic and expressive. That would have been nice of your and your dh! We met Katmark and her dh on one of their trips last year. He very much so entertained them, he ate his very first peanut butter and jelly sandwich at EoS with them.

Actually, after his FG cast the spell on him, that was the last we heard from her until a week or so ago. She intitiated the magic behind the scene which was perpetuated and surpassed beyond our wildest expectations for the very last week of SWW!!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #155
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I can't wait either! How did Jayden do when you all were here?
He did great as long as it didn't get much above 80. There were a few days we had to leave and hit the pool early. But that was ok ... He LOVES the pool.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #156
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
He did great as long as it didn't get much above 80. There were a few days we had to leave and hit the pool early. But that was ok ... He LOVES the pool.
Can certainly understand that! Which is why we often base our choice of resort on the pool.

The temps have consistently been in the low 90's during the day here. If we are doing something outside we make sure it's morning or evening.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #157
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

We will be there again the first week in March - since you are local, maybe we can connect one day. Would love to get the lowdown from Anakin on SWW. I am so having disney withdrawals right now and we were just there in Sept then in March. I could go ALL the time - such a happy relaxing place for me.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #158
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I'm not really into the whole star wars thing but some of the characters look amazing the way they're done. Wouldn't really expect anything less in Disney though.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #159
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I am updating the perpetual TR and have added the Princess Merida M&G and a CP lunch. Also soon adding the Highland Games at Epcot, Agent P adventure, and lunch at the Coral Reef. I promise I will be back soon to finish! I still have pictures to upload from SWW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
We will be there again the first week in March - since you are local, maybe we can connect one day. Would love to get the lowdown from Anakin on SWW. I am so having disney withdrawals right now and we were just there in Sept then in March. I could go ALL the time - such a happy relaxing place for me.
March is a great time to visit! The temps are perfect then. Hope you are able to avoid all the Mardi Gras and Spring Break crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I'm not really into the whole star wars thing but some of the characters look amazing the way they're done. Wouldn't really expect anything less in Disney though.
Yes, they look like they stepped right out of the movie!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #161
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Okay, so you know Lisa B and I encountered a not so nice CM at Cinderella's carriage...I get it. I, like you, prefer to see the good ones and acknowledge them...they make Disney magical! Your FG...I think she is even more than that!!! I wish SHE had been the one to call us!!! Give her my number, Loved talking to you the other day, hope today is special! Praying JJ's throat is MUCH better and just a thought, have they done a mono test...
Old 07-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #162
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I hope you reported Holly!!!
I did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Okay, so you know Lisa B and I encountered a not so nice CM at Cinderella's carriage...I get it. I, like you, prefer to see the good ones and acknowledge them...they make Disney magical! Your FG...I think she is even more than that!!! I wish SHE had been the one to call us!!! Give her my number, Loved talking to you the other day, hope today is special! Praying JJ's throat is MUCH better and just a thought, have they done a mono test...
No mono test. He is doing much better, but we may end up at an ENT. He is snoring louder and longer than anyone else in our house. I checked his 02 sat and it was consistently 97. So he is getting air despite how nasty he sounds.
There has been no periods of apnea. Maybe it's annoids or tonsils. His tonsils look gigantic and take up most of his throat.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #163
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
No mono test. He is doing much better, but we may end up at an ENT. He is snoring louder and longer than anyone else in our house. I checked his 02 sat and it was consistently 97. So he is getting air despite how nasty he sounds.
There has been no periods of apnea. Maybe it's annoids or tonsils. His tonsils look gigantic and take up most of his throat.
You might suggest the Mono test...I had repeated strep throat and tonsillitis when I had mono and my throat was excruciatingly sore...just a thought. Glad he is better today!

I couldn't get over the mono until they took my tonsils out...I missed the entire third quarter and most of the fourth quarter of my junior year while they tried to figure out what was going on with me...
Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #164
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
You might suggest the Mono test...I had repeated strep throat and tonsillitis when I had mono and my throat was excruciatingly sore...just a thought. Glad he is better today!

I couldn't get over the mono until they took my tonsils out...I missed the entire third quarter and most of the fourth quarter of my junior year while they tried to figure out what was going on with me...

Yes!! Kody and I were in and out of the doctors office and er because of high fevers and consistently they prescribed antibiotics then sent us home. Always with the diagnosis that it was strep. Finally on our third or fourth visit we saw Loren's pediatrician and he finished examining her and told me she had mono. He said he would run a blood test if I insisted but he had seen it enough times to know what it was.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #165
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Hello there, coming out of lurkdom to post on your trip report too!

Reading all your trip reports have educated me so much about epilepsy--so thanks for sharing it with everyone here at the DIS, even those of us who don't post much. Anakin seems like an absolute sweetheart, so sorry he has to go through all that. I'll hope and pray that as the years go on the doctors are able to get better control over his seisures. I have a couple of good friends with Asperger's, so I'm pretty familiar with it. When I got older, (out of my teens) people (doctors and therapists) began to suggest that I had Asperger's but I brushed it off because I am a very outgoing person. But it sounds like Anakin is the same way. I think I just have a lot of sensory issues. Whoops, I'm rambling now...

Sorry about the mean looks people give you. I always try not to judge anyone, because usually there is a good reason behind everything you see. Hope Anakin feels better soon, sore throats are no fun.

professional DIS threads lurker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: