Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #136
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
After last year, we decided the next time we go up north it will be by plane. I'm so glad we got to meet you all last summer on our way home! Hard to believe it's been a year!

I was hoping to crank out a day each day for the TR. But very soon I'll be bouncing between the two TRs. We ate twice at the food court at AoA so I have that food report and pictures. Twice we went to Epcot and did the Highland games. I swear Anakin got sick 4 days after playing each time. He is sick again today, so we are just hanging out at the house this weekend.

I do NOT blame you for flying, that is a LOONG drive! A LOT has happened in that year, that is certain!

I am SO sorry JJ is sick, pLease tell him his Charlotte buddies love him and are sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #137
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I do NOT blame you for flying, that is a LOONG drive! A LOT has happened in that year, that is certain!

I am SO sorry JJ is sick, pLease tell him his Charlotte buddies love him and are sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
Will do, appreciate it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #138
JLCJMC
Mouseketeer

I cannot wait to see how it turned out! I soooo wish that they had this at other times! I agree that the price is way over the top, but I would have splurged on one too :-) What a hoot! How big is the final product? I love that he was so excited for the experience, that just makes the whole thing so much cooler. Loving you report-- hope all continues to go well.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #139
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Praying JJ feels MUCH better today and you can have some fun!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #140
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCJMC View Post
I cannot wait to see how it turned out! I soooo wish that they had this at other times! I agree that the price is way over the top, but I would have splurged on one too :-) What a hoot! How big is the final product? I love that he was so excited for the experience, that just makes the whole thing so much cooler. Loving you report-- hope all continues to go well.
It would be nice if they had it other times too! The Droid Factory to build a droid is a permanent thing! I think the final product is 8 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Praying JJ feels MUCH better today and you can have some fun!
I had to call the ped. last night. She started another course of antibiotic and if he isn't better by Monday I have to take him back in. This is crazy to have a sore throat for over 2 weeks. Last night he cried because his throat hurt so badly. We are just going to be taking it easy this weekend.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #141
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Week 3

Friday was Grumpy's graduation from high school!! Our plan was to go to SWW Friday morning and leave after the parade. However we got a phone call from his administrator Thursday night. Time had slipped away from him and he forgot to tell us that practice for graduation was at 1pm on Friday. Then we'd be helping to set up tables for the reception. And had to be back at the church by 6pm for the graduation. SWW was now out of the picture for Friday.

Early Saturday morning, Anakin had some cluster seizures. The medicine made him tired and wanted to rest. No SWW Saturday either.

Would we get there Sunday or was this weekend a bust?

Old 06-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #142
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry Anakin is feeling yucky again....is his sinus' draining? that always makes my throat sore...hope he's better today!

Old 07-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #143
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry Anakin is feeling yucky again....is his sinus' draining? that always makes my throat sore...hope he's better today!
Thank you, yesterday was better, but he is still not himself. This is crazy that his throat has hurt for over 2 weeks. Thankfully there have been no seizures as a result of the infection. Called the doc on call on Friday night and she had him start another 10 day course of antibiotics. We go back Monday if he isn't better. Friday he just laid around and didn't play at all. He even cried because his throat hurt. He didn't want to drink or eat anything. He got half a Frosty down and that was it all day. Yesterday he was able to eat and drink, and he played with his Legos.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #144
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

This is a copy and paste from my perpetual TR with pictures added.

Day 9

An adventure. Lessons learned

In order to get us to DHS sooner, I picked up DH at work. I've only driven there twice, and I missed my turn off. Ended up having to drive further before I could turn around and head back the other direction.

I assumed everything was in the car, but it wasn't. Missing was the medical stroller. We debated driving back home to get the stroller, but Anakin said he felt fine and would walk. We should have known better!!

It was 90-some degrees outside. On the plus side, they were parking people in the Stage parking area. On the downside, the parking spaces were way down. DH pulled into row 44 and dropped us off near the tram before driving all the way down.

When Anakin said he felt find and would walk, it was nice and air conditioned in the car. Once he got out in the heat, just walking that little bit to the tram was very taxing on him. He no sooner sat down on the tram when he began whining he wanted to go home, it was too hot.

I assured him we'd take it easy, walk slow, sit on benches, etc. The tram sat there a long time. Long enough for dh to park and join us on the tram.

Anakin had a very hard time getting off the tram. Especially making the last step to the ground. We both had to support him to get him off.

He stepped off the tram and into Schmolland. Explanation of schmolland. He barely made it to the security check. DH said we are just going to go back to the tram and back to the car. There were people behind us at the security table and Anakin just sits down. People can't get around him. He won't talk to us. I don't know how I did it, but somehow, I bent over and picked up all 88 pounds of him and carried him through security.

We held a quick family meeting off to the side and explained to him why he can't just sit down on a whim like he did. We said we had to make a decision right now to either change attitudes and go in the park or go back to the car. Reluctantly we all decided to give the park a try.

We made it as far as the curb near the restroom close to the entrance. He sat in the shade, but it was so stinking hot and humid that the shade didn't really cut it. So we walked into the stores and found a bench inside one of the stores. He rested for a bit and we walked inside any stores that connected all the way towards B&B. He did fine walking through the stores.

Once we got outside and started walking to the Darth Mall tent, that heat heat him hard. He made it to the Darth Mall, but it was a very labored process. The tent is air conditioned, and within a minute or so, he was perfectly fine again.

We ordered him a name tag from Endor. And he used his money to buy another light saber. Dh found 2 DK books about Star Wars and he bought them for Anakin, but I think it was more for himself! We decided to go see Luke Skywalker again inside the tent while dh paid for the purchases. Wouldn't you know it, the queue had just closed.

I didn't know how he would take the news after how he was behaving from the heat and the missing stroller. He was fine that the line was closed. He understood that the character lines close so that they can get ready for Hyperspace Hoopla.

We got back outside and within minutes we were back in Schmolland. All the available benches only had seating available in the sun, so we encouraged him to keep walking til we could find some shade to sit in. We cut through the smoking area and found a table with an umbrella providing plenty of shade.

He and Goofy sat down while I went and got us food. A kid's pizza for Anakin and a deli sub with a side ceasar salad for Goofy and I. While in line for food, the woman after me ordered an R2D2 souvenier bucket without food. She was rung up and paid. Holly, a cm getting the food together, notified the person ringing register that they can't just sell the bucket. (But all the other food places have been doing this, so I'm not sure if this was something new or just Holly's rule.) The cm at the register tried to explain to the lady that she can't get just the bucket, even though he had already rung her up without any problems. The lady didn't understand, so he told Holly that she should let this one go, and he will let future guests know they can't get just the bucket.

Holly got the bucket and before giving it to the lady, she reprimanded her in front of all of us in line. I have never seen a cm so nasty to a guest in all my Disney visits. I was shocked!!!

We all enjoyed our food, and while we sat there, the temperature dropped. Anakin's demeaner got much better and he left Schmolland and came back to us. We walked to the Hoopla with no further complaints or whining. He enjoyed the Hoopla.

Who doesn't enjoy a wookie in a wig?!

Saw his cm buddy Joel who has always made DHS more magical! Then we headed out of the park after stopping for some photopass pictures.

We got on the tram, we were the 3rd stop. He again had some difficulty getting off the tram, but no problems walking all the way down to the car. No doubt he and heat do not mix!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #145
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

What a nasty, nasty cm. There is no excuse for that behavior. Its a good thing the bad cms out balance the bad ones.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #146
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

So it has taken a couple of days, but I have finally found my way over here and caught up. Loving all the Star Wars stuff. I really can't wait until next year when SWW comes back.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #147
midwesternbelle
Midwestern Princess meets Southern Belle

?

I have always thought of visiting during star wars weekends... is it worth the crowds, or is it better to go end of january when the parks are dead?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #148
midwesternbelle
Midwestern Princess meets Southern Belle

ps: LOVING THE TR!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #149
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

How rude of that CM !!!I work with many who have autism so I do understand ,1 I work with regularly is obsessed with the silky lining of coats , he takes anyones and just feels it which of course causes a huge uproar from the owner of the coat !! We have purchased him some material od the same nature that he picked out and are trying to see if this will help!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #150
Lidian
DIS Veteran

So sorry that you started off with a rough day, but glad that the temp cooled down and everything worked out great! Very sorry that you had to witness a very un-Disney CM. I hope the CM was reported for such ill behaviour! Even if it wasn't customary to sell the buckets alone, the GUEST should NEVER be reprimanded for not knowing the rules. And if another CM needed to be reprimanded, it should always be done out of the guest's eyes/ears. I hope I don't encounter this CM ... I'm not sure I could hold my tongue.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: