Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #31
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102 View Post
Does anyone know if u need a seperate ticket for sea worlds christmas events?? Or it is just all part of regular admission price?

Also, if you are military are you allowed to use ur free admission on christmas eve or christmas day??
The Christmas events are all included in the regular ticket.

Unfortunately, though, I have no idea about the military free admission. I would call and ask.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #32
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Thank you very much!
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

We are considering doing Discovery Cove on December 27 this year before we go on our Disney cruise. The dolphin swim would be a Christmas present for our DDs (10 and 7 at the time). I am worried about 1) temperature and 2) crowds. Is it worth the risk, or should we save this for another warmer weather trip?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #34
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
We are considering doing Discovery Cove on December 27 this year before we go on our Disney cruise. The dolphin swim would be a Christmas present for our DDs (10 and 7 at the time). I am worried about 1) temperature and 2) crowds. Is it worth the risk, or should we save this for another warmer weather trip?
Yes there is always a chance that it will be cold, but there is a chance that it will be beautiful outside. Extreme cold in Florida is rare and even if it is cold, it usually warms up by the afternoon. Crowd size shouldn't be an issue either. Discovery Cove only allows a certain number of people in per day. (I think 1,000 people. I may be wrong but its a pretty low number compared to an actual theme park)

If you save this for a warmer weather trip, then you run the risk of having rain and storms.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #35
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No worries on the crowds. DC caps admission at a very low number of people (something like 1000 max), so there are never crowds even when its a sold-out day.

As for the temps, we went on January 1st, 2012 and had gorgeous weather. Of course, that's not guaranteed......but you are also not guaranteed to have it be "cold", either. The lazy river and Freshwater Oasis are super warm great places to hang out on a chillier day, and they also set up heaters near the restaurant where you can dry off quickly and warm up. The wet suits also help keep you warm on cooler days.

I would not hesitate to book again on Christmas week.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #36
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am taking a risk, as I booked Christmas for this year. Cannot wait to go back. We enjoyed it 2 Augusts ago. They have full wetsuits to help with the cold. The river was warm and I too hope it will be a nice day.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Thank you. I was having a moment of panic, but now I think we will stick with our plan.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: