Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #61
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

It's such a long wait until December 2013!!! I am going to have to try my hardest not to book another trip before then! lol
Does anyone know where they are staying yet? Any recommendations of where to stay during Christmas? I've heard that Wilderness Lodge is great during Christmas, but with 5 of us we would have to do a DVC room. I am also interested in AOA!
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #62
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM View Post
It's such a long wait until December 2013!!! I am going to have to try my hardest not to book another trip before then! lol
Does anyone know where they are staying yet? Any recommendations of where to stay during Christmas? I've heard that Wilderness Lodge is great during Christmas, but with 5 of us we would have to do a DVC room. I am also interested in AOA!
You can do a Deluxe room it sleeps 6

We want to stay at the Poly but for 785/night for NYE that might have to change lol
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #63
Eeyore4337
Earning My Ears

We're in!!! I'm happy theres a group already planning for Dec 13.

Mom to Rylie Payton Kirby

Eeyore4337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #64
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Just booked our trip for the first weekend of December this morning (my first day back at work after our first DCL last week).

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
melaniesposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #65
meredith1
DIS Veteran

We'll be there for our first family trip Dec. 1 through the 6, 2013. We took our oldest in 2011 and left the babies with my parents. This time is all of us with the grandparents, too.

We are booked at the GF RPC with a MK view. Feel very blessed and excited about this trip.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #66
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

I just came across this thread... I am so glad that I am not the only one with December 2013 on my mind!! It can't get here fast enough! We (well I should say I actually... Lol) are planning our second trip for December 2013 and looking at staying at AoA for this trip. Our dates will depend on Pop Warner dates. Has anyone confirmed the Pop Warner dates for 2013 yet? I saw some discussion at the beginning of this thread. Happy planning everyone!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #67
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I've never been during the holidays before. I am excited to see all the decorations, but I have never heard about the Santas in the countries. What is that all about?? With a young son who still believes in Santa....this seems kinda dangerous to me. Are they all there at the same time? Wouldn't that be kinda hard to explain to a little one? "Why did we just see a Santa in Mexico and now he is dressed differently and in Norway??" Or do they have different Santas out at different times?

My dangerous thought-- we teach the kids that Santa is universal-- that he travels the world. My explanantion is these "santas" are storytellers.

The santas tell the story of how that country celebrates the holiday. Not every one celebrates on Dec 25th.

The Country santas do not dress like our santa-- Italy has a witch.
Another one is a nutcracker.

No, the story tellers are out at different times. and No. they do not go in order of country either.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #68
serene56
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post that PRIME SEASON starts December 13th and the price goes a tad higher starting that date
Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #69
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-n-michaela View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14.
I got the information off this page:
http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/05/30...-disney-world/

I am being flexible for our dates. Booked for Dec 8th thru the 14th. and will change dates if needed.

Dec 13th starts prime season-- and I dont see Pop Warner paying top dollar.

I also did a search of Pop Warner 2002 and saw their championship game was on Dec 8th.

Do they stay in the parks leading UP to the championship game or do they stay in the parks after that game for celebrating?

Last edited by serene56; 09-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #70
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

the Pop Warner room block for next year is Dec 5-15 with activities Dec 7-14th I guess not really sure how long it lasts. It's been confirmed by Team Disney already. See this link for more info
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=10
Old 09-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #71
serene56
DIS Veteran

thanks for that- much appreciated.

Seems odd they would go during prime time season.

Im letting my family know now. We may have to put this off for another year.

Im so disappointed

Last edited by serene56; 09-24-2012 at 04:21 PM.
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #72
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I honestly didn't notice them that much at all affecting the parks, so I wouldn't worry too much. The one thing it looks like it does affect is no discounts, free dining, etc though so that stinks
That is my concern as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM View Post
We are a family of 6 too and will probably stay value. The only other draw is Ft. Wilderness because I know the campsites go all out for Christmas decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
the Pop Warner room block for next year is Dec 5-15 with activities Dec 7-14th I guess not really sure how long it lasts. It's been confirmed by Team Disney already. See this link for more info
That's great the info is already out there. Honestly it isn't the kids that bother me it is the discounts. Time will tell...

We are going November 30-Dec 7

I really want to see some Christmas decorations in Disney I am going to follow some December TRs this year and live vicariously until i can do it myself!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #73
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
Thank you.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #74
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
That is my concern as well

We are a family of 6 too and will probably stay value. The only other draw is Ft. Wilderness because I know the campsites go all out for Christmas decorations.

That's great the info is already out there. Honestly it isn't the kids that bother me it is the discounts. Time will tell...

We are going November 30-Dec 7

I really want to see some Christmas decorations in Disney I am going to follow some December TRs this year and live vicariously until i can do it myself!
Wow your planning will almost mirror ours it sounds like! We are a family of 6 also and are going the exact same dates as yours :-) I'm so excited! We were at Disney in early December in 2010 and LOVED it, although there were some issues we dealt with (family that went with us), and some things we missed or experiences that were 'lessened' because of that...so this is kind of our do-over trip, and probably the last time I'll get to Disney with all 4 of my kids

We are leaning heavily to Art of Animation but have considered the family cabins at Fort Wilderness because of what we've heard about the campground decorations. I wish we had a camper, that would be fun but we don't so we'll have to stick to either the cabins or a hotel.

Me DH DD16 DS13 DS12 DD10
December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
mom-n-michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #75
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow your planning will almost mirror ours it sounds like! We are a family of 6 also and are going the exact same dates as yours :-) ....... and probably the last time I'll get to Disney with all 4 of my kids
........... I wish we had a camper, that would be fun but we don't so we'll have to stick to either the cabins or a hotel.
I have a 13 yo daughter too so I understand that feeling like these days are fleeting.. actually my second is a 10 year old boy so even our first two kids are pretty similar lol

And yeah I wish we had a camper too. I think a pop up would be great for us. Part of me thinks about tent camping on vacation - but then the same part of my brain takes over again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: