Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #586
Gsmom730
Earning My Ears
 
Gsmom730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLSRL View Post
We are once again staying at Pop Century, we will be arriving on Dec 8th and leaving on the 19th.
We will be there Dec12-18!
Gsmom730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #587
javacoug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6

I am a newbie to this thread, but not to Disney. I am so excited for our trip December 4-14th and staying at the poly!! It will be my youngest daughters first trip at 7 months. People think we are crazy taking a 7 month old, but Disney is magical and I know she is going to have fun watching things!! Just wanted to post and join in on everyone's excitement!! I wonder if the magic bands will be in place in December?
javacoug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #588
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by javacoug View Post
I am a newbie to this thread, but not to Disney. I am so excited for our trip December 4-14th and staying at the poly!! It will be my youngest daughters first trip at 7 months. People think we are crazy taking a 7 month old, but Disney is magical and I know she is going to have fun watching things!! Just wanted to post and join in on everyone's excitement!! I wonder if the magic bands will be in place in December?
Took my DD at 6 months, again at 18 months. She has been there 16 times and she is only 22 yrs old. Twice to Disneyland also. YES take them when they're young. Will also be there on the 4th at BLT !!! Enjoy see ya real soon !
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #589
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by javacoug View Post
I am a newbie to this thread, but not to Disney. I am so excited for our trip December 4-14th and staying at the poly!! It will be my youngest daughters first trip at 7 months. People think we are crazy taking a 7 month old, but Disney is magical and I know she is going to have fun watching things!! Just wanted to post and join in on everyone's excitement!! I wonder if the magic bands will be in place in December?
We have also taken babies to WDW.

I think it is a good possibility that the magic bands will be ready for all resort guests by then. It seems like the testing is going pretty well. There are still some problems, but at least the testers are helping to discover what they are so they can be solved.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #590
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran
 
APiratesLifeForMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 614

So glad I have others to share with! In a recent trip to PA to visit my in-laws to celebrate their retirement (teacher and school bus driver) we were dreaming of our next Disney vacation. My MIL said she would love to go at a time she never could since it conflicted with school. When my DH and I returned to our home in KY, I had a pin code in the mail that offered free dining. Once my MIL heard about the free dining we decided it was a sign and started planning when, where, how long etc. My DH and I are heading down 12/16 and staying at ASM for a night. Then from 12/17 - 12/22 my MIL, FIL and SIL will join us for the remainder of the stay at the WL. I am so thrilled to be spending the week before Christmas in the happiest place on earth at the WL of all places! I have never stayed there but love visiting each trip and know it will look beautiful with all the Christmas decorations.

Last edited by APiratesLifeForMe2; 08-20-2013 at 12:54 PM.
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #591
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

We have also taken babies to WDW.

I think it is a good possibility that the magic bands will be ready for all resort guests by then. It seems like the testing is going pretty well. There are still some problems, but at least the testers are helping to discover what they are so they can be solved.
We stay off property but are AP holders. Any idea when we will be able to use FP+? Will it be when all the testing in the resorts is done? Or possibly earlier b/c we have APs?
Does anybody have an idea?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #592
MonsterWDWmom
Mouseketeer
 
MonsterWDWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
So glad I have others to share with! In a recent trip to PA to visit my in-laws to celebrate their retirement (teacher and school bus driver) we were dreaming of our next Disney vacation. My MIL said she would love to go at a time she never could since it conflicted with school. When my DH and I returned to our home in KY, I had a pin code in the mail that offered free dining. Once my MIL heard about the free dining we decided it was a sign and started planning when, where, how long etc. My DH and I are heading down 12/16 and staying at ASM for a night. Then from 12/17 - 12/22 my MIL, FIL and SIL will join us for the remainder of the stay at the WL. I am so thrilled to be spending the week before Christmas in the happiest place on earth at the WL of all places! I have never stayed there but love visiting each trip and know it will look beautiful with all the Christmas decorations.
Thats awesome I am happy that you are able to go down this Christmas! Good luck with your ADR's!!
__________________
Sept and Dec Pre Trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51545645

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #593
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran
 
APiratesLifeForMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterWDWmom View Post
Thats awesome I am happy that you are able to go down this Christmas! Good luck with your ADR's!!

We already booked our dining and got everything we wanted including Be Our Guest! Yay
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #594
MonsterWDWmom
Mouseketeer
 
MonsterWDWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
We already booked our dining and got everything we wanted including Be Our Guest! Yay
Congrats thats awesome!!
__________________
Sept and Dec Pre Trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51545645

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #595
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran
 
GrammyJudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,765

100 days and we will be there!
__________________
1983 FW, 1985 & 1986OFFSITE, 1987 FW,1988 DL, 1990 OFFSITE, 1992 CBR, 1994 POFQ, 1995 ASSp, 2005 ASMo, 2007 & 2009 POP, 2011 ASMu, 2012 ASMo, 2013 POFQ
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #596
CynBeth
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 648

Red face

We hit double digits!!!
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #597
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran
 
APiratesLifeForMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 614

Finally the double digits! 99 days to go.
__________________
1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #598
1SickPupe
Support Our Troops
 
1SickPupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Waukesha,WI
Posts: 64

Our first Christmas visit. It will be Myself my Wife and 21 year old Daughter. We will be staying at BWV in a studio overlooking the boardwalk.
I booked all of our dining at the 180 day window and got all the locations and times I requested.
Our focus this trip will be to visit as many resorts and parks as possible. We would like to take in as many Christmas decorations as possible.
Looking forward to a Christmas in FL.
__________________
1SickPupE


Me DW DD (21) FERGUS FIONA MADISON BUNRATTY JERSEY

Days Inn ~ 73,74
Holiday Inn Express ~ 00
Coronado Springs ~ 03
Saratoga Springs ~ 11
Boardwalk Villas ~ 04,06,08,09,12, 13


1SickPupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #599
Jenn51421
Earning My Ears
 
Jenn51421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 65

My family and I will also be going to Disney World in December. It will be my second time going but everyone else's first. We are all so excited! Hoping to get the Wishes! Dessert Party. We will be there December 11th to the 16th...Couldn"t get Free Dining bc we arrive a day early but we did get the 30% room discount so i cant complain. We are staying at Boardwalk ONLY 94 DAYS!!!!!
__________________
*~Jenn~*

Jenn51421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #600
LuvinDisney83
Earning My Ears
 
LuvinDisney83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Evansville IN...too far from Mickey
Posts: 64

Woo Hoo!

We'll be there December 4-14, 10 nights/11 days of amazingness! I'll be going with just my mom celebrating our 30/50 birthdays! We got all of the ressies we wanted with free dining!
__________________
Live*Love*Laugh
August 1991-Offsite,July 2000-Offsite,May 2006-Offsite,June 2009-POP, May 2011-POR-My new familys first trip! December 2013-CSR-30th Bday! December 2015-Baby 1st trip
(me, 30) (DH, 34) (DSD,15) (DSS, 9) (DD-due Nov 2014) (Sandy) (Hunter)
LuvinDisney83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.