Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laalaa View Post
Hi everyone!

Gosh a December 2013 thread! I didn't expect to see one of these!

I'm Laura, 29yrs old from Paisley, Scotland. This will be my 5th trip to the world, but first time in a mod & first time with the DDP. I will be travelling with my mum (3rd trip), brother (3rd trip) and my dad who will be a first timer.

So we arrive on December 4th 2013 staying 8nights in Port Orleans Riverside with free QSDP, checking out on the 12th December & heading to Port Canaveral for our very first DISNEY CRUISE!!!!! We will be doing the 3night Bahamas Cruise on the Disney Dream.

Sooooo excited & I am having to stop myself planning already!

Looking forward to planning with you all

L x
Hi, How lucky you are to have FD already. Was that a promo they released for the UK only? I am hoping to get free dining when they release it next year.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #17
laalaa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16

Hi, How lucky you are to have FD already. Was that a promo they released for the UK only? I am hoping to get free dining when they release it next year.
I'm not sure about the promo being for the UK only? I guess it must have been. The offer was free QSDP with mod resorts & free DDP with deluxe resorts. Nothing with the value resorts.

The dates were right through from April 2013 to December 8th 2013!

To get the offer you had to book by 10th July 2012

Sheraton I-Drive Sept 2005
All Stars Movies Dec 2007
Pop Century Dec 2008
All Stars Music Dec 2011
laalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORinaZ28 View Post
Week after Thanksgiving for us also...cant wait till next month to finally reserve the room-only reservation so at least the countdown is official!
I have a lot to learn since I've never stayed on-site before - you can book your rooms that early!? I had no idea...thanks for the heads up! I thought I had a while yet to do my research, but I'm guessing I better get on it. If you book room only this far ahead, can you still add discounts like free dining, etc, if they come out later?

Me DH DD16 DS13 DS12 DD10
December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
mom-n-michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
We are going in December 2013 also. I am truly excited to see all the decorations. The dates that I will be there do coincide with Pop Warner. We are going on a Fantasy cruise 12/14-21/13, so we were going to stay onsite a couple days before. This stinks. I did not realize the football/cheerleaders would be there. I guess no free dining for us that week

I was at ASSp in May when it was cheer competition of some sort. The cheerleaders were EVERYWHERE I vowed never to do that again. Oh well, I guess I have to...gotta be home for christmas to spend with the rest of the family or I would just stay onsite after the cruise.

Anyhoot, I am still excited to be going!!!!
We went on Pop Warner week in 2010 (like you, didn't really have a choice that was the only week in December that worked for us) - I honestly didn't notice them that much at all affecting the parks, so I wouldn't worry too much. The one thing it looks like it does affect is no discounts, free dining, etc though so that stinks

December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #20
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
I'm right there with you. I think we are going to stay at the new art of animation or that's what we are saying right now.
This is where we are going to be staying too!! I'm pretty excited...we have never stayed on-site and are a family of 6 so our options are limited but this hotel looks fabulous and I think the kids will love it!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Is anyone planning to call tomorrow (July 11) to book a package? Out of curiosity, is there a benefit to booking so early?

It's crazy to think we have to wait a year just to see if we can get free dining for our trip!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #22
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Sorry - I just realized there was an option to quote multiple posts at once...I will use that from now on!!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 07-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
solana131
DIS Veteran

Joining in too! Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are tentatively planning a first week of Dec trip. My hubby's first time was this past Feb. We stayed at the Poly and it was INCREDIBLE! We had dinner at Whispering Canyon over at Wilderness Lodge and we fell in love with it. Hubby said "okay, if I am ever forced to come here again...we are staying here." I took that as permission and am planning a Christmas trip. I've heard WL has the best decorations. Although, it is going to be hard to pass up the new Art of Animation resort....hmmmm....maybe a split stay?? I am leaving in a week and plan to do alot of resort hopping, so I will check out AoA and see how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-n-michaela View Post
If you book room only this far ahead, can you still add discounts like free dining, etc, if they come out later?
Absolutely. You can change your reservation as many times as you want. If you book a package, you have to have it paid off 45 days in advance. Once you pay it off, you can't make anymore changes. Room-only packages don't need to be paid off until you arrive, so there is a little more flexibility with them. But yeah, you absolutely can make changes.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Joining in too! Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are tentatively planning a first week of Dec trip. My hubby's first time was this past Feb. We stayed at the Poly and it was INCREDIBLE! We had dinner at Whispering Canyon over at Wilderness Lodge and we fell in love with it. Hubby said "okay, if I am ever forced to come here again...we are staying here." I took that as permission and am planning a Christmas trip. I've heard WL has the best decorations. Although, it is going to be hard to pass up the new Art of Animation resort....hmmmm....maybe a split stay?? I am leaving in a week and plan to do alot of resort hopping, so I will check out AoA and see how it is.

Absolutely. You can change your reservation as many times as you want. If you book a package, you have to have it paid off 45 days in advance. Once you pay it off, you can't make anymore changes. Room-only packages don't need to be paid off until you arrive, so there is a little more flexibility with them. But yeah, you absolutely can make changes.
Thank you! That is definitely good information to know Have fun on your trip and definitely post and let us know what you think about AoA!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 07-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-n-michaela View Post
definitely post and let us know what you think about AoA!
I will. I've heard some people say that it is too over the top and in your face...but I think it just looks so neat. If I wanted subtle...I would stay offsite or Swan/Dolphin or something Can't wait to check it out in person. I almost switched from POFQ to AoA for this July trip, but where it is just myself and another adult, I thought the suite was a bit much

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #26
Catkar
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!! So excited to see this thread! We are planning to go back to the World around the second to third week in December depending on dh work schedule. I love Disney in December and this will be our third trip at Christmas time. Can't wait to get into planning and I am so excited that prices will be out tomorrow!!!

Poly 1978
offsite 1993
ASM 2010
POP 2011

medh dd ds
Catkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #27
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

How soon does Disney decorate for Christmas? Just wondering may be changing dates from December to November depending on this.....Do not want to stress about Thanksgiving crowds and Pop Warner week, especially with a DS who does not do well with high volumes of crowds. Also, is there usually free dining in November?

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Well tried going online to look at the price of the package and it's telling me AOA it is booked so either it hasn't went live yet or there's something going on there. I'll try later on.

Checked some of the others hotels and said they were booked too.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #29
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I tried too...nothing
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
serene56
DIS Veteran

they said dec is over 499 out.

we have to wait (sigh)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: