Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #181
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

We booked at 499 days out. When we reached the year mark it was a celebration for us. Around midnight we also mentioned our trip is this year. It feels great!
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #182
lindseywithane
Earning My Ears

We are going 12/6-12/12 staying at Pop again and I can't wait!!

We went in October 2012 as a send off for my husband before he left for Afghanistan and now planning a welcome back vacation in December! I am SUPER excited to being going during Christmas!

My dates are flexible and I am going to wait until the discounts come out military or regular to decided on the actual date since some have said Pop Warner may cause a lack of discounts.

Disney Trips:
September 2006 {honeymoon} Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2012 {pre deployment trip} Pop Century

lindseywithane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #183
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey View Post
lol I just said this to DH the second it turned midnight. "We're heading to WDW THIS year!!"
I would tell my wife, but she's a Disney hater...so I kept it to myself.

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #184
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
We booked at 499 days out. When we reached the year mark it was a celebration for us. Around midnight we also mentioned our trip is this year. It feels great!
Yes it does!

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #185
Ahenderson070911
Earning My Ears

We had to move our trip from June 2013 to December 1-9! I am more excited now! I was bummed to push it back because I really want to get back to the world but so excited to go during Christmas!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #186
lestroismartins
Earning My Ears

December 7-14, 2013

I knew I'd find a thread already created for our upcoming trip to WDW in December 2013. I love Disney fans!!! We're staying at Fort Wilderness and would love to find other families staying with us. We're already planning how to decorate our cabin and my parents, who are camping, have begun to collect decorations for their site. So fun. Have you seen the YouTube videos of some of the campsites during holiday times? Crazy. I love it.
1986 Disneyland
2008 Wilderness Lodge WDW
2009 Coronado Springs WDW
2010 Coronado Springs WDW
2011 Disneyland

2013 Fort Wilderness WDW
lestroismartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #187
ktrask
Mouseketeer

I've been thinking I might start a secret stash at home to start storing things for our trip as I find them on sale etc. We are probably staying in a timeshare (brother is letting us use his, just have to pay transfer fee) as long as it's available...so laundry tablets sound like a smart idea.

I feel like budget wise it will be better if I pick up things along the way, rather than try and do it all in November. I say I have to have it as a secret stash because my husband will think I have lost my mind if he sees it. He'll like it in December when we have very little if anything to pick up pre trip...but if he found it now 11 months out he'd think about sending me off to the loony bin.

ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #188
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestroismartins View Post
I knew I'd find a thread already created for our upcoming trip to WDW in December 2013. I love Disney fans!!! We're staying at Fort Wilderness and would love to find other families staying with us. We're already planning how to decorate our cabin and my parents, who are camping, have begun to collect decorations for their site. So fun. Have you seen the YouTube videos of some of the campsites during holiday times? Crazy. I love it.
I am almost sure we are getting two rooms at AsMo, but then I see pictures of the Christmas decorations at Ft. W and I go back on the fence! It looks like so much fun. Have you stayed there during Christmas season before? Just curious when the people start setting up their personal Christmas decorations.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #189
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrask View Post
I've been thinking I might start a secret stash at home to start storing things for our trip as I find them on sale etc.

I feel like budget wise it will be better if I pick up things along the way, rather than try and do it all in November. I say I have to have it as a secret stash because my husband will think I have lost my mind if he sees it.
I have also started a secret stash Well, maybe not so secret. My husband knows I have already bought stuff for December and he just rolls his eyes He thinks I am crazy, but I say I am just being prepared! LOL
Now is the time to get all the Christmasy stuff at a deal

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #190
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrask View Post
I've been thinking I might start a secret stash at home to start storing things for our trip as I find them on sale etc. We are probably staying in a timeshare (brother is letting us use his, just have to pay transfer fee) as long as it's available...so laundry tablets sound like a smart idea.

we have three strollers coming-- I got 3 sets of battery operated lights to decorate the strollers for the Holiday party.

I found glow rings-- so i stashed that stuff.

Buying up disney outfits for the babies.

I am looking for a tiara for myself ya know.

nope- its never too early to be stashing
Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #191
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

I have a Disney box that I keep in an accessible place. I keep several things in there that we use just for Disney trips (battery operated stroller lights for example). I just spotted some adorable Princess shirts that I'm going to pick up in what I hope will be my daughter's size in 11 months!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #192
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Now is the time to get all the Christmasy stuff at a deal
Exactly!!

My daughter's teacher went to WDW over Christmas break and brought back a map for the New Fantasyland. I just love her
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #193
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Going back to The World the week before Christmas, tough finding time as my son plays travel hockey!! But, my DH finally gave in as my DD (7) kept talking about the fact that this time she will be able to ride a lot of the rides. The last time we went she was 5 and my DS was 8. Still flip flopping on where to stay. We have always only gone to BC, but have been really thinking about POR. I love being close to Epcot, but I have heard so many good things about the Riverside Food Court!! Meeting with my wonderful friend who is also an outside Dis Travel agent to talk about our stay next week once the kids are back in school next week!! She is the one who turned me onto DisBoards, and wow is all I can say!! I can't get enough!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #194
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Just bought stickers and paper to make Disney Spending money banks for my DS and DD, AND myself and DH!!! Have to take her to DS's hockey practice tomorrow so now we have something to do!! Told my DH I am putting away $40 every two weeks until we leave to save up our spending money!! Reading the DisBoards is making me giddy!! But, still trying to decide where to stay POR or BC?!?!?

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #195
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Just bought stickers and paper to make Disney Spending money banks for my DS and DD, AND myself and DH!!! Have to take her to DS's hockey practice tomorrow so now we have something to do!! Told my DH I am putting away $40 every two weeks until we leave to save up our spending money!! Reading the DisBoards is making me giddy!! But, still trying to decide where to stay POR or BC?!?!?
Have you always stayed at BC? Maybe show your kids the pics online and see if they have a preference?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: