Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #46
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Great update! I had to laugh when you posted why your DH didn't want to get the beans. LOL! I'm the same way most of the time. I have to have a separate bowl for my beans and peas. Things that aren't supposed to touch each other. It's mostly the juice or something. LOL! It drives my husband crazy. LOL!!

I laughed at your DS6. Kids certainly are crazy sometimes. LOL!!

I love the pictures of SE. We also call it the big golf ball. The outside looks so awesome. It almost doesn't look real sometimes.

Can't wait to read more.
Yep he was afraid that the beans gravy would ruin the taste of the rice!! lol....

DS6 definitely has a way with the camera..... and not a good way.

I absolutely love photographing SE. It's so pretty at night as well. I have a couple hundred photographs of SE from the last two trip where most of them look the same!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I can't believe your son enjoyed Beverly! that is awesome!

Great update. I hope the guys didn't break down in the ride. That happened to my family once. (not me I rode once years and years ago...that was enough for me).

Glad to hear you liked the food at Sunshine. We've only eaten there once, I can't remember if we enjoyed it or not.

sorry you missed Nemo. That is actually one ride we were a little disappointed in. Youngest DD liked it, but even she said it seemed fake. I guess Disney has spoiled us.

How did Nannia like her new camera? Did it work okay? Did she get her "good" one fixed when you all got home. Hope it is an easy(inexpensive) fix.

looking forward to more updates!

Crazy DS6!! He thought it tasted good!

Oh the boys' story is a little better than a breakdown!!!

Yep Sunshine Seasons was good. I really enjoyed eating there and we would definitely consider it again on another trip.

We didn't care for Nemo too much the last time either. That was our reasoning for skipping it.

Nannia seemed to like her new camera o.k. but I haven't seen any of her pictures yet to know if she was able to get some good ones with it.

I will try to post again later this week but I am going to be taking a LARGE test to add onto my teaching certificate. I have an elementary certificate but I've also taken the secondary math test (7th-12th grade) while I was teaching private school in order to teach those subjects. We found out Friday that if I just pass one more test I can add 7th-12th math onto my elementary certificate and be certified for every grade except 6th. I registered for the test this weekend and it is Friday of this week!!!!!! That's a lot of studying in just a few days especially considering I've been out of school for 10+ years.

Kind thoughts, pixie dust, and prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #47
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

WOW! that IS a lot of studying!!!! Good luck!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #48
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great updates !!

Figment is one of our favorite rides as well .. but it's a do once a trip ride !
I find as the boys get older we spend less time in the play area after the ride.

Skip Nemo ?? NEVER !! I would just feel "incomplete" without a Nemo ride.

We LOVE Seasons ! I always get the porkchop and mashed potato .. it's my favorite Disney meal of all !

Beverly .. nasty ! I can't believe your little guy liked it !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Great updates !!

Figment is one of our favorite rides as well .. but it's a do once a trip ride !
I find as the boys get older we spend less time in the play area after the ride.

Skip Nemo ?? NEVER !! I would just feel "incomplete" without a Nemo ride.

We LOVE Seasons ! I always get the porkchop and mashed potato .. it's my favorite Disney meal of all !

Beverly .. nasty ! I can't believe your little guy liked it !

I love Figment and could ride it over and over!!!

Well since everyone is worried about Nemo, we do eventually come back to it.

And yes Beverly is nasty but crazy guy thinks it's great (although he said one sip was enough!).
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #50
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update

Some of you may remember/know that my teaching contract ended in May without a new one being signed. I had taken a teacher's place while she was out on leave for the year. SO I've looked for a job all summer long and today I was called for an interview!!

I am interviewing for a first and a third grade position with the hopes that I get the first, although I would really just like either one!

If you could spare some extra pixie dust, please send some my way tomorrow at 10 a.m.!!!

Also, I made this for my classroom today. It's a LOT larger than I expected it to be and I may honestly have to cut it down some to fit into my classroom better or to even find enough fabric to cover it!!!! Darn you Pinterest!!! I really do need a job to keep me off of the computer!

O.k. back to studying a.k.a. surfing the internet.......
Old 07-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #51
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

I really like that!! It's definitely very nice and I just wish that I was creative enough to come up with something like that!!

Sending you lots and lots of

It definitely works wonders and am hoping that you get the job!!

Old 07-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #52
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Sending you tons of pixie dust!!!

I'm also looking for work - arrived in L.A area 2 weeks ago & staying with my son til I find a job/place to live. I've applied to over 280 positions and had one interview on Monday, one phone interview today and have one on Friday plus a 2 1/2 hr testing next Thurs the 19th for job with City of Santa Monica so I definitely can relate to needing pixie dust!

Good luck - I know you have it in the bag and hope you get the position you most want

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #53
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
I really like that!! It's definitely very nice and I just wish that I was creative enough to come up with something like that!!

Sending you lots and lots of

It definitely works wonders and am hoping that you get the job!!
ROFL...you give me WAYYYYY too much credit!!! The pinterest site had directions and everything SOOOOO I took them to the hardware store and had two kind gentlemen that work there cut ALL 20 pieces to the exact directions. Then I took it home and had the kids help me build it. It took about 5 minutes! It just cost more than I was expecting!!! Now I need that job to pay for this thing (especially since I want to sew a cover for it!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Sending you tons of pixie dust!!!

I'm also looking for work - arrived in L.A area 2 weeks ago & staying with my son til I find a job/place to live. I've applied to over 280 positions and had one interview on Monday, one phone interview today and have one on Friday plus a 2 1/2 hr testing next Thurs the 19th for job with City of Santa Monica so I definitely can relate to needing pixie dust!

Good luck - I know you have it in the bag and hope you get the position you most want
Thanks for the !!! You deserve some too!!!! Good luck on the interview and test on Friday! I can't imagine applying for over 280 positions!!!! That's unbelievable!!!!! WOW!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #54
Deesknee

Good Luck!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #55
Lidian
DIS Veteran

How did your interview go? Fingers are crossed they'll be calling you soon with an offer! Keep us updated!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #56
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Luck!
Thanks!!! The test was difficult but I think I did o.k. on it. What frustrated me the most was that there were about 5 questions on topics I had never ever heard of before. So I memorized them and when I left the testing center I looked them up in my study guide....yep you guessed it.....NOT IN THERE AT ALL...not even a mention....I hope missing those if I did indeed miss them doesn't keep me from passing. That would stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
How did your interview go? Fingers are crossed they'll be calling you soon with an offer! Keep us updated!
The interview went GREAT!!!!! I got the first grade teaching job at that school!! I am so excited!!! The crazy thing is that we new teachers start on July 30th!!!!! Yeah that's early!!! The kids however do not come until August 20th so it's almost a whole month of decorating classrooms and working together to map out the year. This year my classroom is going to be a circus theme (not sure if I've said that here before) and I'll share pictures as we go.

Yesterday I had my second cake decorating class. It was the first time we actually got to decorate a cake. Towards the end of class I began to feel a migraine coming on so I tried to make it home in time. In my rush I messed up the side of the cake so please excuse that "junk" on the top right. Unfortunately I fought the migraine all afternoon but it did let up around 5 p.m. so that was good.

I promise to try to do a Disney trip update tonight but it's been SOOOO crazy with everything that I hadn't even been on the DIS since Friday! Today we are going school supply shopping since there are less than two weeks left of my summer.

More on Epcot tonight and what happened to DH and Poppa!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #57
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has disappeared these last couple of weeks. Looks like lots of you did too!!!

O.k. o.k. so maybe you didn't disappear but you sure are quiet!!!

Well my excuse?? Yeah they opened up our school a week early so I'm getting everything ready and well, teachers start Monday (yes like THIS Monday) so I really need to work hard on it to get it done. We also have VBS at our church in the evenings this week and we have had crazy summer last minute play dates with all of our friends before this mommy has to go back to work!! EEK!!! Where did my summer go?

Anyways, I don't have an update for you today or even any pictures but I will tell ya what happened to DH and Poppa on Mission Space. They were in line to ride and were the next people to get on when they see a sweet Cast Member walk by with paper towels, cleaner and a mop and bucket. Yep someone lost their lunch on the ride. There is NOOOOOOOOOOOOO way I would have ridden it next. UGH!!!! GROSS!!!! NASTY!!! Can you tell I have a slight aversion to vomit? lol....so they waited while the CM cleaned it and then they waited while the CMs helped this poor soul off of the ride and then they were finally able to ride.

Well that will have to work as my update until I can spend enough time uploading pictures!! That takes the longest for me!

Have a great day!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #58
Deesknee

gross, gross, gross...... urgh, gross. I wouldn't have gone on. I couldn't. The smell would have induced the same effect on me. haha
gross.

On another note... Good luck with the job starting Monday. Hope it is a wonderful school year. I can't believe you have to start so early! Is Monday the official start, or is it just setting up, making sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. Then you will get more time off before the actual first day of school. OR is this truly the start of the school year, so you will only get the scheduled days off off now. Are your boys upset you have to go back so soon?
I hope it is worth it for you and you truly have a wonderful class & wonderful school year.

Dee

Old 07-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #59
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Joining in! We are Louisiana WDW lovers & Saints fans too! Your boys are so cute and look like they are having a lot of fun.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 07-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #60
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
gross, gross, gross...... urgh, gross. I wouldn't have gone on. I couldn't. The smell would have induced the same effect on me. haha
gross.

On another note... Good luck with the job starting Monday. Hope it is a wonderful school year. I can't believe you have to start so early! Is Monday the official start, or is it just setting up, making sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. Then you will get more time off before the actual first day of school. OR is this truly the start of the school year, so you will only get the scheduled days off off now. Are your boys upset you have to go back so soon?
I hope it is worth it for you and you truly have a wonderful class & wonderful school year.

Dee
Yes isn't that just the grossest thing??!?!?!?!? There is NO way I would have ridden it but the guys seemed like it was no big deal. Crazy men!!

I officially start on Monday with set hours full of meetings for three whole weeks before the kiddos come on August 20. Yes it's a lot but it's a charter school and it is brand new so they are training us on how to do just about everything "their way". So far it's a great place to work!!!

Nope I have no days off between now and August 20 but I do have a business trip in there to Orlando of all places with NO Disney trip!!!! Grrr....I have to fly and don't even get to see Disney. My boys are o.k. with it. They love having sitters and are usually o.k. with me being gone.

So my cute pup ran away tonight. Thankfully she did eventually return home but DH is not the happiest camper about it since he was the only one home. Poor baby is howling in her kennel right now because she hears us but he doesn't want to let her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joining in! We are Louisiana WDW lovers & Saints fans too! Your boys are so cute and look like they are having a lot of fun.
Hey!!! I remember reading your TR about your trip with that cute baby boy!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get an update in here soon for ya'll!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: