Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #31
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Your boys make me laugh. Especially with DS6 running away. My son did that when he was that age. He was going to go live with Paw Paw and Me Maw. Because we wouldn't let him have ice cream before dinner.

DS is also a very good orderer. I'm sure that says something about my lack of cooking skills. LOL!!

Love the Disney surfboard. I can see where it does look like one though. LOL!!

It sounds like you had a great, yet wet first day at the Magic Kingdom. I can't wait to read more!!
DS6 is quite the drama king. You will see more of that on Day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Great pics of the parade !
Those can be tough pics to get.
Sounds like a great day .. Congrats to your son for getting picked in Monsters Inc !
So far we are 2 for 2 at Monsters Inc. and he LOVES the show because of that!

Thanks for the compliment on the pics. I have LOADS of awful ones but snapping constantly did give me a few good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Love the Dumbo night pics!

When is Spectro coming back? I've seen both, and honestly, I love MSEP much more. So I'll be sad to see Spectro come back. It's not bad ... but I like MSEP better.

As for the camera, so sorry to hear this. I hope she was able to fix it. Our video recorder did the same thing a couple of years ago (and still does). DH found that if he smacked the side of it a time or two, it worked fine. Apparently there is a wire loose or something. I'm not very tech-savvy, but his banging it around "Jedi-style" (he claims) works.
Isn't Dumbo gorgeous!?!?!? I could have sat next to it all night long and watched. Supposedly Spectromagic will be back before the end of summer or at least that's what we heard. I will definitely miss MSEP if it doesn't come back. My F-I-L tried the tap it on the side thing and she went from being able to see the image in the viewfinder to not being able to see anything at all.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #32
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Isn't Dumbo gorgeous!?!?!? I could have sat next to it all night long and watched. Supposedly Spectromagic will be back before the end of summer or at least that's what we heard. I will definitely miss MSEP if it doesn't come back. My F-I-L tried the tap it on the side thing and she went from being able to see the image in the viewfinder to not being able to see anything at all.
Bummer about Spectro... but oh well.

We had to use the "force". DH said, it was already broken, what could go wrong? So he used pretty rough force each time, and it worked. It's why he calls it the "Jedi-style" of fixing things.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #33
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Cute bag!
I love MSEP. I've seen Spectro too and it's great, but I have a personal thing for MSEP. It's so catchy!!
Great parade pictures!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Photopass Pictures from Day 1

We had trouble with PhotoPass this time. The photographers were generally hard to find (I think that was because of the rain) and when we did find them, only DH and I wanted to have a picture taken. We also found quite a few characters that had NO photopass people there with them. I think this will probably be the last time we use Photopass even though I think it's a great service.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Great pictures. I'm sorry that there weren't more PP photographers out. I love the pictures of you and DH together.

My son is the same with getting his picture taken. He loved it when he was younger, but I think I wore out my luck. I have to beg him to do it now. I have told him that he will be taking lots of pictures when we go on our trip.I'll see how that works out!!

Old 07-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #36
ChefDisneyLu
Mouseketeer

Surfboard

Too cute!

Thank you for sharing! Can't wait for more!

Lisa
May, 2010 - Pop Century
September, 2010 - Polynesian

[/url]
Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #37
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Epcot Morning....part 1

No one felt like getting up early after getting in bed for 1 a.m. so we slept in a little bit because other than Soarin' there weren't really any must-dos at rope drop. Would this mess up our schedule to see the shows around Epcot? Well, we shall see......

At 9:05 a.m., I'm still taking pictures around the resort. Nannia and Poppa went inside our store to see where they could get another camera. None at our shop but they were told of a shop in Epcot that was for cameras and film, etc. Can you see the price tag now??? $$$$$$$$!!!!!!

So we hop on the bus and at 9:40 we are looking at ......

Nannia and Poppa went into the film/camera store while the rest of us headed to the Land Pavilion to get fast passes for Soarin. The boys and I took pictures outside of the Land Pavilion while DH ran inside.

No.....look at me.....

Finally both looking at me.....

After DH came back, the boys decided that they wanted to go into Innoventions. My kids LOVE the exhibits in here (nerds I know). Neat addition this year was when the pot in the kitchen started smoking.....

Nannia and Poppa found us after we escaped from our burning house. It was sad to see the KimPossible wall gone. I hated that we ended up in the middle between the closing of one mission and the opening of the new Agent P one.

Next, we saved money for our next vacation again.....

If only they put the money you saved towards your next vacation!

Finally we get to ride!!! What would be our first ride? Figment of course but....suddenly DS6 is scared of Figment and the ride. He's having a panic attack outside the building while I try to calm him down and remind him that he enjoyed Figment last time (well at least until they say that we had a blast....). Finally he agreed to go into Figment after I offered to buy him a treat if he rode it.

I love Figment and his ride. I know you all don't hear that much but I could ride that one a few times on each trip even if the song gets stuck in your head all day!!

Last year we spent quite a bit of time playing with the games after Figment's ride. We still enjoyed the games this year but it didn't take us nearly as long to explore everything.

Creating a Figment

Nannia and Poppa enjoyed Figment as well since they had never ridden this one before.

DS6 ran into the store to pick out his "treat" but he fell in love with a Figment plush and DH agreed that it would make a great treat so we bought him.

Then we headed toward the Land Pavilion. After being there for Flower and Garden festival last year, Epcot looked quite bare to us. No pretty flower pots in the water, no topiaries....it was so different.

Continued in the next post......
Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Epcot Morning....part 2

First we went on the Living with the Land ride because we weren't quite ready to use our fast passes for Soarin. The line for Living with the Land was past the down escalator so that you stepped off the escalator and turned right to get in line but the sign said only 10 minute wait. We were given a red time card to hold and give to the CMs at the front so that they could change the wait time. We waited about 15 minutes although most of it was walking through the gigantic queue.

I had never heard of a fluted pumpkin before. This thing is huge!!

Pineapples!!! These were also growing in Animal Kingdom along the sides of a walkway later in the week. I hope I got a picture of them there as well. My DS10 wanted to pick one of these.

Excuse DH's cell.....I thought DS6's face was cute on this one. He was SOOOO into it all.

Hidden Mickey in the shrimp tank....

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love sunflowers!

Hidden Mickey in the leafy plants.....

Epcot

Another hidden Mickey....

Well it's already 11:45 a.m. at Epcot and we have only finished two rides.....would we skip all of the rest to see shows or would we revise our shows plan? How many shows would we see? Oh and I have lunch pics so don't stay away too long!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #39
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great pictures. I'm sorry that there weren't more PP photographers out. I love the pictures of you and DH together.

My son is the same with getting his picture taken. He loved it when he was younger, but I think I wore out my luck. I have to beg him to do it now. I have told him that he will be taking lots of pictures when we go on our trip.I'll see how that works out!!
Depending on how old your child is you could maybe bribe him but for my DS6 sometimes NOTHING was worth smiling in a picture. My Photopass pictures from our Epcot morning are HORRIBLE. He is hiding his face in everyone of them. He's not a morning person normally and then we had stayed out so late the night before that he was a total grouch that morning.

Good luck with getting good pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefDisneyLu View Post
Surfboard

Too cute!

Thank you for sharing! Can't wait for more!

Lisa
Too bad we didn't catch any good waves while we were there!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #40
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

My son is 15 now and sometimes bribing him works. Especially if it's for a new game for his playstation. LOL!!

I love your pictures of Epcot. It's our family's favorite park. We could spend days there on every trip.

I love the Living With The Land ride. It's a definite must do on every trip.

Ahhhhh Figment. I love that little purple guy. I have a stuffed Figment on my dresser and love looking at him every morning.

I don't even want to know how much a new camera costs at Epcot. LOL!

Did you do the Behind the Seeds tour? My son loved it and he got to release lady bugs and feed the fish in the tank. It was the highlight of his trip.

I love reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to post!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My son is 15 now and sometimes bribing him works. Especially if it's for a new game for his playstation. LOL!!

I love your pictures of Epcot. It's our family's favorite park. We could spend days there on every trip.

I love the Living With The Land ride. It's a definite must do on every trip.

Ahhhhh Figment. I love that little purple guy. I have a stuffed Figment on my dresser and love looking at him every morning.

I don't even want to know how much a new camera costs at Epcot. LOL!

Did you do the Behind the Seeds tour? My son loved it and he got to release lady bugs and feed the fish in the tank. It was the highlight of his trip.

I love reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to post!
DUH, I would have known how old your son is if I had looked down at your signature! I hope you can bribe him while you are there to give good pictures!!!

Their camera was not all that expensive and it will make a good back up camera for if their other one ever breaks again.

Nope we have yet to do a tour. This was only our second visit to Disney so we were still trying to see everything. I would love to do a tour or two if we get to go back.

Thank you for reading my report!!! It would be a boring journey without anyone to share it with!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #42
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Sorry PP didn't work out very well for group photos, but I love the ones of you & your DH!

I love Journey into Imagination too. I just miss Dreamfinder. There was a nice innocence to that version. But I do find the newer version comical as well.

Bummer Perry's mission wasn't open yet, but at least you didn't loose an entire day to the boys wanting to do that all day long. right? Besides something else new for next time.

Glad to hear Nannia & Poppia's camera wasn't an arm & a leg. Back up cameras are always good to have.

Just a thought... sometimes the photo's when the little ones are NOT cooperating are the most charming to reflect on in later years. They show their real personalities. Honestly, I wish I had "kept" more of them from my older kids. Of course the ones they DO cooperate in are great to show others.

I hope you got to see at least Some of the shows you were looking forward to.

Looking forward to reading more.

Hope you are out enjoying the 4th holiday.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 07-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #43
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Sunshine Seasons, Soarin', Spaceship Earth and .....BEVERLY!!!!

SO when I left off we were about to embark on lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Last year we took one look at the picture menus on the wall beside the restaurant and said, "No WAY!!!" However, this year since we were between riding Living with the Land and Soarin, we didn't have much choice. We decided to give it a try.

So what would we decide on???

I had a kids' plate - chicken leg with mashed potatoes and grapes.

DH had the half chicken plate with rice and beans but chose not to get the beans so it didn't "contaminate" the rest of his food. He asked to trade mashed potatoes for beans but they could not switch. He bought an apple to eat with his meal.

DS6 had a mac and cheese plate with grapes and applesauce.

DS10 who sat WAY on the other side of our table and I have no pic for had a Peanut butter and Jelly Uncrustable with grapes and yogurt.

Nannia had a chicken ceasar salad thing I think!

No idea what Poppa ate because he was with DS10 WAY on the other end of the table! Lunch was really good and I was glad that we gave it a try! It's definitely a place that we will return to.

After lunch we decide to ride Soarin but along the way there I decide that DS6 is probably NOT going to enjoy "flying". We decide to do our own version of child swap and Nannia, DS10 and I ride Soarin first. I loved it and only had to close my eyes for about 3 small parts to avoid . DS10 LOVED it and decided to ride it again with Poppa and DH when we exited! I was surprised that DS10 enjoyed it because he is afraid of heights.

While the guys rode Soarin we ventured outside and I took some pictures of the "golfball" (as DS6 calls it) with a monorail passing.

After much discussion we decided to skip Nemo this trip because of how late in the day it already was and the fact that we only had one day at Epcot. I was sad that we would not be able to ride everything but I knew that we still had LOTS to do!

The boys joined us outside at 1:05 p.m. and we headed across the park to the times board. DH ran to get FPs for Mission Space while we waited.....and waited.......and waited.....and .....come to find out, DH took a "back way" from Mission Space to Spaceship Earth which was next on our list and we stood there waiting on him for what felt like forever while he looked for us at SE. Hello timewaster!! Geez....I only found him because DS6 needed to potty and we decided to go to the restrooms nearest SE. We finally gather everyone together AGAIN and at 1:30 I took these pictures....

This is Nannia's favorite ride so she really enjoyed the ride. I think Rome's burning smelled MUCH stronger on this trip than the last because I honestly don't ever remember smelling it before. After the ride we let the boys play with the interactive games while the boys went to ride Mission Space. I was really worried about DH riding the orange version because we had heard all of the horror stories.

Good-bye Spaceship Earth! Hello Fountain....I LOVE this fountain!

The boys still had not texted us to tell us that they were done riding so I was getting pretty concerned but I kept telling myself that they would be fine and we went into Club Cool to try ......BEVERLY!!!!

Nannia tried it too and I got a really good face of her as well but I know better than to post that here!!

DS10 and Nannia down, how about DS6.....well he tried it too.....

WHAT?!?!?!? HUH!?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!? Yes he liked it. Crazy kid!!!

We tried all of the other flavors a few times (it was hot!!!) and decided that watermelon was our favorite!!!

After leaving Club Cool we begin to head to the Highland Games Tournament even though we still have NEVER heard from the guys. What is taking them so long?? I'm getting more worried by the minute. I mean they had fast passes and all....why would it take this long to ride???
Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #44
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Great update! I had to laugh when you posted why your DH didn't want to get the beans. LOL! I'm the same way most of the time. I have to have a separate bowl for my beans and peas. Things that aren't supposed to touch each other. It's mostly the juice or something. LOL! It drives my husband crazy. LOL!!

I laughed at your DS6. Kids certainly are crazy sometimes. LOL!!

I love the pictures of SE. We also call it the big golf ball. The outside looks so awesome. It almost doesn't look real sometimes.

Can't wait to read more.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I can't believe your son enjoyed Beverly! that is awesome!

Great update. I hope the guys didn't break down in the ride. That happened to my family once. (not me I rode once years and years ago...that was enough for me).

Glad to hear you liked the food at Sunshine. We've only eaten there once, I can't remember if we enjoyed it or not.

sorry you missed Nemo. That is actually one ride we were a little disappointed in. Youngest DD liked it, but even she said it seemed fake. I guess Disney has spoiled us.

How did Nannia like her new camera? Did it work okay? Did she get her "good" one fixed when you all got home. Hope it is an easy(inexpensive) fix.

looking forward to more updates!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: