Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi Joining in on your wet adventure.

Oh my goodness the surf board comment is too cute. Out of the mouths of babes.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
Lidian
DIS Veteran

So did they offer surf lessons to go along with that surf board? My fingers are crossed there will be a surf board in my room May 2013!

And I must say, I absolutely LOVE the pic of your youngest DS posing on the Tomorrowland Speedway! ADORABLE!!!!

Sorry about the rain. I hope you didn't have to endure much bad weather and hopefully it kept crowds at bay and didn't slow down your vacation!

Also, I had no idea there was a clock at IASW. Let alone a clock that chimed and changed with displays! I guess you really do learn new things, even after thinking there was nothing left to learn.

Anxious for more!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Hi Joining in on your wet adventure.

Oh my goodness the surf board comment is too cute. Out of the mouths of babes.
Yep, if you read the previous posts that spoke of how well they can order, you now know that I don't cook and I don't iron!!!! I really should win that "Mom of the year" award!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
So did they offer surf lessons to go along with that surf board? My fingers are crossed there will be a surf board in my room May 2013!

And I must say, I absolutely LOVE the pic of your youngest DS posing on the Tomorrowland Speedway! ADORABLE!!!!

Sorry about the rain. I hope you didn't have to endure much bad weather and hopefully it kept crowds at bay and didn't slow down your vacation!

Also, I had no idea there was a clock at IASW. Let alone a clock that chimed and changed with displays! I guess you really do learn new things, even after thinking there was nothing left to learn.

Anxious for more!
Oh I hope you get free surfing lessons too!! Believe it or not I actually used the surf board on our trip because there was no dryer in the room to dewrinkle our clothes.....

The clock is in the waiting area directly across from where you walk in. I didn't know it chimed either but as I was taking pics of it, it struck 8:00 and went crazy. We loved it!

As for the rain......oh it rained......everyday rained......stormed and rained.....we'll say how we fared later on. (I'm just thankful I'm not at Disney this week. It seems that Debby is wreaking havoc on those poor people's vacations!)
Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I love your pictures of POR. We stayed there once about 9 years ago. I don't remember it looking as nice as it does now.

I too love the picture of your little one in the speedway car. I feel like you, I would live just fine with never riding that ride again, although I think I may have to this year as DD8 may be tall enough to "drive".
I like the picture of Nannia in the cage with your boys. That is a photo we get every year. It is so funny to see how much the kids have grown.

I hope you were able to get the MM pancake maker. DH makes them the old fashioned way...you know 1 big circle with the 2 smaller ears. The kids love them. Well, we all do. Is the one you were looking at/(bought?) a griddle or a cookie cutter type?

We sometimes like a little rain to ween down the crowds, but we have been there in a tropical storm (Gordon), they are not as much fun. But, it DID think down the lines.

I remember when we would take my Mom. At first when the little ones always wanted to ride with her, truth be told, my feelings were a bit hurt. Plus I didn't want her having ALL the fun seeing their expressions and us being on another cart. BUT I have to say, with her gone now, they are THE best memories for all of us. Hope you all enjoyed making your own memories.

Looking forward to reading more.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I love your pictures of POR. We stayed there once about 9 years ago. I don't remember it looking as nice as it does now.

I too love the picture of your little one in the speedway car. I feel like you, I would live just fine with never riding that ride again, although I think I may have to this year as DD8 may be tall enough to "drive".
I like the picture of Nannia in the cage with your boys. That is a photo we get every year. It is so funny to see how much the kids have grown.

I hope you were able to get the MM pancake maker. DH makes them the old fashioned way...you know 1 big circle with the 2 smaller ears. The kids love them. Well, we all do. Is the one you were looking at/(bought?) a griddle or a cookie cutter type?

We sometimes like a little rain to ween down the crowds, but we have been there in a tropical storm (Gordon), they are not as much fun. But, it DID think down the lines.

I remember when we would take my Mom. At first when the little ones always wanted to ride with her, truth be told, my feelings were a bit hurt. Plus I didn't want her having ALL the fun seeing their expressions and us being on another cart. BUT I have to say, with her gone now, they are THE best memories for all of us. Hope you all enjoyed making your own memories.

Looking forward to reading more.

The pictures are of the French Quarter so maybe that's why they look different. Did you mean Riverside? We saw that too and boy it's nice but HUGE!!!!

The MM head maker thingie is a silicon (is that the name for that flexible rubber stuff that you can bake and cook with?) in the shape of Mickey ears. You put it in the pan you are cooking in and then pour your batter. It's really neat!

I did not mind the kids riding with their grandparents at all because we were able to really "see" the rides better when we didn't have to worry about the kids being scared or talking the whole time.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #21
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

I must apologize for the lack of updates!!! I will finish Day 1 tomorrow but for now I will share why I've been absent these past few days!

I have been locked in my sewing room creating a new hand bag for me!

I found that my last one was too big so I made this one smaller. The pocket on the front is for my cell phone and keys.

I will be back tomorrow with an update!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
Lidian
DIS Veteran

What an adorable bag!!

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 07-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

joining in !

Surfboard !! Too funny !

Sorry about the rain.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #24
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

The rest of Day 1

When I last left off we had just finished riding Haunted Mansion on our way to Pirates!!! Our family LOVES Pirates. It is by far our favorite family ride!

None of my pictures came out too good on Pirates but then again, I'm sure you have all seen it before so you will be JUST fine!!!

After POTC, we split up with the big boys (DH and Poppa) going ride Space Mountain while the rest of us went to watch Monsters, Inc. We decided that since we were on a roll with rides and it was still raining that we would skip Wishes tonight in hopes that our other MK night would be clear and beautiful. Would it happen? Would I regret this decision later?

While waiting for Monsters, Inc. I texted in a joke in hopes of making it on the show. We had never tried to get on the show before although DS10 was chosen last time as the kid who answers the jokes. Our joke this evening was one that we had heard many times "Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine..." There weren't many people in the theather for our turn so I knew our chances were good!

BUT....before the show DS10 made it on the big screen as "the kid who thinks catsup is made from cats". He laughed a lot, slapped his leg quite a few times and settled in for the show. Sure enough our joke was chosen!!! The kids cheered and danced in their seats. They were so excited!!

As we were leaving, we met up with the guys who had been waiting for us throughout the show since their ride only took about 5 minutes. We told them all that they had missed and decided that we were going to see the New Fantasyland for the first time!!

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Dumbo is gorgeous!

The water effects are SOOOO pretty at night!!

They are soo much better at night than during the day!

Well the big boys went off to ride Barnstormer and the rest of us waited for them. As we were waiting I decided to check out the bathrooms because Disney bathrooms are always neat and hey, I had never seen these before!

The Carolwood Fire Dept. sign in the restroom building

DH let me know as they came off Barnstormer that he thought DS6 would like it. We knew that we would be back so we decided that he would ride it the next time.

While exiting New Fantasyland (they will have a better name for it right?!?), we decided to stop and get a snack. DH grabbed a funnel cake while the boys wanted ice cream but the ice cream machine was not working so they decided not to get anything. We ate while standing on the curb watching the Main Street Electrical Parade. I know many people are excited that Spectromagic is coming back. However, I have never seen that one and I do really like the MSEP so I'm kinda sad to see it go.

Here are some pics I took of the parade!!

This was the first parade we ever saw at Disney and it holds a special place for us. I know we will enjoy Spectromagic in the future as well though.

After the parade we decided to ride one more ride. Asking around no one really had an opinion of what they wanted to ride so I decided that we should ride Jungle Cruise as we had not been able to ride it on our last trip. We walked all over MK trying to get AROUND the parade but obviously I didn't do a real good job because we ended up right behind it again and so we followed the little people holding the bar in the back and became part of the parade with them.

As we got to Jungle Cruise and got into line, Nannia dropped her camera. We didn't think much of it at the time and got onto the ride. Our tour guide was great. I would not know if he followed the script or if he came up with his own jokes since it was our first time ever riding but we laughed and really enjoyed the ride either way.

By now it was midnight and if we had any hopes of waking the kids up in time for rope drop the next morning we really needed to leave the park. While heading to the front the kids spot the Main Street Ice Cream shop. We stopped to get them a snack.

While the kids were inside with DH grabbing a snack, Nannia and I were trying to get evening pics of the castle. This is when we realized something was wrong....seriously wrong with her camera. She could not see anything in her screen except lines (like fuzzy reception on a TV except they went straight up and down). Poppa worked on it the entire time the boys were getting their ice creams but to no avail. Ugh..... their camera was broken and it was only the first day of the trip. What were we going to do?

These are the cutest ice creams on property if you ask me and they are CHEAP!! I think it was $2.50 for the ice cream and the boys LOVED them.

We did not have to wait long in a line for a bus and at

we arrived at

home.......

The next day is our Epcot day. Would we make rope drop? Would we be able to make the shows we wanted to see? Would we be able to ride all of the rides? What would we eat? Would my knees give me trouble again?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
What an adorable bag!!
Thanks!! I love making bags. That's all I have made so far. This week though I will venture out to make some bibs for a few baby showers I have to go to. We will see how well they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
joining in !

Surfboard !! Too funny !

Sorry about the rain.
Yep a surfboard. You see, I'm really a great housewife!!! I don't cook, I don't iron, etc.

Oh, don't be sorry about the rain. I'll be honest, most days by about noon we were praying for rain to cool us off and take away the crowds. We only had one or two days without any noticeable rain. A couple of days we were SOAKED and at least 3 times we were placed under tornado watch. We survived!!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #26
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

cute bag.

cuter kid. That picture of him with the icecream is so cute. Those HUGE brown eyes and perfect hair...how do you EVER say no to him?

Great photos of the parade. I love that parade, but I love Spectro also. Can't say I have a favorite.

So sorry Nonnia's camera broke. I hope it wasn't a crazy expensive one. Not that it really matters. I know for me it is all about getting used to using a camera. I hate getting new cameras and having to get acquainted with them.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 07-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
cute bag.

cuter kid. That picture of him with the icecream is so cute. Those HUGE brown eyes and perfect hair...how do you EVER say no to him?

Great photos of the parade. I love that parade, but I love Spectro also. Can't say I have a favorite.

So sorry Nonnia's camera broke. I hope it wasn't a crazy expensive one. Not that it really matters. I know for me it is all about getting used to using a camera. I hate getting new cameras and having to get acquainted with them.
Thanks!!! We think he's cute too but his behavior keeps me from giving in too much because he is pretty whiny and needy!

I guess I need to wait and see Spectromagic before I have an official opinion.

Yes her camera was one of those crazy expensive ones and we are at Disney World with no car which means either she is taking a taxi into Orlando to get something or she is going to spend crazy money at Disney to get a small one. Either way, she is going to pay. =( I was upset for her because her camera was also fairly new...like under a year old.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #28
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Your boys make me laugh. Especially with DS6 running away. My son did that when he was that age. He was going to go live with Paw Paw and Me Maw. Because we wouldn't let him have ice cream before dinner.

DS is also a very good orderer. I'm sure that says something about my lack of cooking skills. LOL!!

Love the Disney surfboard. I can see where it does look like one though. LOL!!

It sounds like you had a great, yet wet first day at the Magic Kingdom. I can't wait to read more!!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the parade !
Those can be tough pics to get.
Sounds like a great day .. Congrats to your son for getting picked in Monsters Inc !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #30
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Love the Dumbo night pics!

When is Spectro coming back? I've seen both, and honestly, I love MSEP much more. So I'll be sad to see Spectro come back. It's not bad ... but I like MSEP better.

As for the camera, so sorry to hear this. I hope she was able to fix it. Our video recorder did the same thing a couple of years ago (and still does). DH found that if he smacked the side of it a time or two, it worked fine. Apparently there is a wire loose or something. I'm not very tech-savvy, but his banging it around "Jedi-style" (he claims) works.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: