Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
holleypie
Mouseketeer
 
holleypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 359

The shirts look great!
__________________
holleypie is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #32
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
The shirts look great!
Thanks!
SAT887 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #33
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Thumbs down <-----Why does this have a thumbs down?? It should be anything but!!

So it feels like my trip is changing... A lot! For the better I feeling as well!

So- my Sister (in law but my "in laws" treat and love me like family more than my family it feels, I feel apart of thier family which my family just has this bizarre anti anything feel) and brother in law who we haven't seen in 6 years (I know I know....) due to deployments, moves, home purchases, having 2 kids, them living in San Diego *should* be staying with us on our trip!!! They haven't met my daughters, and this should really add to the "magic" if it all works out. Fingers crossed!!

I am already planning that they will be there, changed all my ADR's to 8 instead of 6. I am down to three that I couldn't change - Cinderella's (My 3 yo loves her, I can't cancel it - but they will go off and explore no problems) 'Ohana and Le Cellier.... The CM I spoke to for over 30 minutes was so helpful and nice. She seemed excited for me too She stated the CM's at 'Ohana as long as they are not at fire code are often very understanding and can add to the table especially since both my kids are small - however she did say it can go either way... I have Kona as a back up but not sure what to do... I know that the tables we always sit at had multiple chairs left when we traveled with 4 adults and 3 kids... CRT - ugh what do you think my chances are?? She also suggested getting a second reservation for 2 if I could and request we sit near each other - if something opens up.... And Le Cellier - which I think I am all for changing to the Coral Reef (already booked a 11:30 ADR) because it helps with nap time, my daughter loves aquariums and well I can get it for 8 people, and family is way more important than a really really good cheeseburger at Le Cellier.... So now its a waiting game hoping all works out. If it does - this will be the best disney magic EVER!!

So now I am excited I've made t-shirts, starting to get supplies to make bracelets and necklaces with our phone number, and lots of printer ink to start making invites, postcards from Mickey and what not. It does help that I am also planning my daughter 3rd birthday with a Cinderella theme at the end of the month.

So now I am booking my moms value room - which I do not know where to book... Almost thinking AoA because it looks new and fun and it's only 11 bucks more... But - a penny saved is a penny earned...... I am also checking the CRT daily for an open reservation - I would love for them to be able to join us..... I am also trying to compile a list of "must sees" on this trip because for the past two years we haven't gone on the WDW Railroad at MK and I refuse to let that happen again :D

Hopefully soon I can post some pics of my creations as well as up date my touring plan for our trip...

Last edited by SAT887; 08-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.
SAT887 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #34
disney67
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,529

Wow just caught up beatiful family , and you say this is your first PTR you seem like a pro. This time of year is very beatiful from the parks to the resorts , love all your ADR's a couple i have not tried yet hoping soon . I love your tye died shirts they came out amazing , I love to make shirts for my trips but have not ventured to tye die yet ? and as for your O'hana like the CM said just show up if they are not extremely busy they will add your extra people . this happend last year with me when a friend said come we can ask them to add you on and they did . And I so like that this is where you and your husband catch up thats magical me and my wife when we are there it is hard because we have more fun with the kids that they are a bit older dd11 and ds7 But i wish we could of one day no kids in disney ? lol
__________________
Jeff lilyPhilipMolly

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67 View Post
Wow just caught up beatiful family , and you say this is your first PTR you seem like a pro. This time of year is very beatiful from the parks to the resorts , love all your ADR's a couple i have not tried yet hoping soon . I love your tye died shirts they came out amazing , I love to make shirts for my trips but have not ventured to tye die yet ? and as for your O'hana like the CM said just show up if they are not extremely busy they will add your extra people . this happend last year with me when a friend said come we can ask them to add you on and they did . And I so like that this is where you and your husband catch up thats magical me and my wife when we are there it is hard because we have more fun with the kids that they are a bit older dd11 and ds7 But i wish we could of one day no kids in disney ? lol
Thank you

We will see where everything ends up with ADR's - the birthday dinner with my friend has fallen through So now looking for a new Epcot ADR And in the end as long as we are with family we could eat in the parking lot of Hess and be happy. Tie Dye was so much fun - I am naturally fairly creative, but it was super easy. I want to make more before we leave - and even venture into more shapes, like stars etc.... I am also going to try iron ons for my daughters 3rd birthday with name fills. However I won't put there name on anything when we travel - just don't trust anyone... I can and can't wait until they are old enough to go for longer period of time out with out getting completely worn out... Having my MIL with us to watch them at night is a huge help and we are so grateful - the girls will be ready for bed by 7 or 8... So it will give us time to catch up - my husband works a lot, then throw in the commute and my part time work and we barely get to share a meal together or even 5 minutes it seems! I look forward to an adult trip too - we had so much fun there on our honeymoon Only like 14-15 months until then! But who is counting!

Thanks for reading! Do you have any trips coming up?

SAT887 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #36
disney67
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Thank you

We will see where everything ends up with ADR's - the birthday dinner with my friend has fallen through So now looking for a new Epcot ADR And in the end as long as we are with family we could eat in the parking lot of Hess and be happy. Tie Dye was so much fun - I am naturally fairly creative, but it was super easy. I want to make more before we leave - and even venture into more shapes, like stars etc.... I am also going to try iron ons for my daughters 3rd birthday with name fills. However I won't put there name on anything when we travel - just don't trust anyone... I can and can't wait until they are old enough to go for longer period of time out with out getting completely worn out... Having my MIL with us to watch them at night is a huge help and we are so grateful - the girls will be ready for bed by 7 or 8... So it will give us time to catch up - my husband works a lot, then throw in the commute and my part time work and we barely get to share a meal together or even 5 minutes it seems! I look forward to an adult trip too - we had so much fun there on our honeymoon Only like 14-15 months until then! But who is counting!

Thanks for reading! Do you have any trips coming up?

Im bad i will be there the same time as you guys but wife came up to me a few month ago and wanted to do a digital scrapbook meet in Vagas so the light bulb went off since it is been really hard for both of us , I said go have a good time and then i would like to go to WDW for my birthday she jumped on it yeah!!! so i was going on a solo trip but with jet blues special last week it is going to be me and my brother . there are 2 places i might be staying one is an all star resort or west gate main gate ? I still have not said when im goin 11-28 to 12-4 we are going to be there at the same time i usually go commando basically no plans with no ADR's and it is funny i have seen your name fills they look amazing too as well as the fast passes my wife does scrapbooking but not disney stuff unless i push her into it which surprises me . thats why i have to go on here every trip for my iron - on designs.
__________________
Jeff lilyPhilipMolly

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #37
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67 View Post
Im bad i will be there the same time as you guys but wife came up to me a few month ago and wanted to do a digital scrapbook meet in Vagas so the light bulb went off since it is been really hard for both of us , I said go have a good time and then i would like to go to WDW for my birthday she jumped on it yeah!!! so i was going on a solo trip but with jet blues special last week it is going to be me and my brother . there are 2 places i might be staying one is an all star resort or west gate main gate ? I still have not said when im goin 11-28 to 12-4 we are going to be there at the same time i usually go commando basically no plans with no ADR's and it is funny i have seen your name fills they look amazing too as well as the fast passes my wife does scrapbooking but not disney stuff unless i push her into it which surprises me . thats why i have to go on here every trip for my iron - on designs.
Commando? Haha I am too much of a control freak! Plus I love to plan.... I don't do the name fills I ask the DISigners as well - I need to play around with photoshop one day - I have it for retouching my photos but never tried designing invites etc... Good luck on your minimal planning

Luckily somehow my husband and I have similar personalities when it comes to interests - we just like to do stuff, and do it together... I don't think I would have as much fun traveling with out him. However its also good most of our interests overlap. It works out well for us especially since we don't get a ton of time to do what we want anyway...
SAT887 is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #38
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

So it has been QUITE a while since I have updated this. This summer has been pretty crazy. We (well I've been suckered in to doing most the work!) have been working on the house and are taking a break for now. We hope to put the house on the market in the spring (somehow I need to get over my fear of heights by then and get on a ladder and paint the exterior a happy shade of yellow that screams BUY ME!!) However, I painted the interior of my house builders beige (well its called Hickory but its still a neutral beige) Helped finish off our basement, and re-furb'd our kitchen. We had an ugly 70's kitchen that I painted the cabinets, did a glass backsplash, new countertops and a laminate floor.....

Then there was my daughters 3rd birthday, we did a Cinderella theme because she wanted a princess party. Ummm I am not a huge princess fan but it was awesome. We got her the castle off of disneystore.com and by far the best gift I have ever given her. She plays with it everyday. She also started pre school - which has been interesting. Very interesting. It is furthering my desire to move away from here as fast as possible!

So now that I have had some time, I am starting to actually finalize plans, ADR's and so on and so forth. I am still waiting on my SIL & BIL to find out if they can come - but I have added them to all my ADR's possible.

So as it goes we leave our house before the sun rises in NH and fly to FL. We still will be going to Sanaa for lucnh, however I pushed the ADR to 1:05 because I want to stop at DTD for my photopass+ card, TiW and upgrade our tickets to DVC premium AP! We plan on going back in October, just my husband and I as a couple to get away and be adults together. We need it.

So I emailed DVC asking since I was going from villa to villa if they could store my perishable groceries at OKW while I wait for my room. The email back said YES! I was so excited about this because now I can go to Whole Foods on Friday and just get it over with. I did keep a copy of that email for when I check in, it will be really great to take advantage of the kitchen for both units, and not have to go to the store on Sat.

We kept our Boma ADR and plan to do a lot of resort exploring that day. Maybe the pool if it is warm. I also want to try and go to Jiko or Victoria Falls Lounge for a drink with my husband. I am very interested in trying African wine, maybe wines.

So now its Saturday! We are now going to AK in the morning because we will not be meeting up with my husbands family. His mother will be on this trip and based on a conversation that was had when she visited last- him going to see his father could present possible drama. We figured, why deal with it, we have had a long rough year and really need the week to relax. We may do a non disney trip in the spring, and if plans actually go in the direction we wish, we will be in NC and a 10 hr drive isn't all that bad for a long weekend. So prior to AK I will have gone and checked us in at OKW for our grand villa, in hopes it will be ready when nap time rolls in around 1 oclock or so. We will also be going to Hollywood Studios that night because I spaced on the MK xmas parade and don't feeling like dealing with the potential crowds. We have a 6pm ADR at Raglan Rd and then we will go back to OKW and get the kids ready for bed. Then for one of my favorite parts of the trip, I scored a 9:40 ADR for California Grille This was our favorite restaurant on our honeymoon and we managed to see Wishes then and we will see it this time! We are thinking Sushi and dessert, maybe a drink or two and lots of resort exploring.

Sunday 8 am ADR at Chef Mickey's and then off to MK for the morning. I love MK and can't wait to go. My 3 year old is at a perfect age for MK and it's going to be so much fun with her. I want to try POTC and HM - she was apprehensive about skeletons last year so we avoided them, however with my mom having a GAC I think we can avoid the stretching room at HM which I think she will find the scariest. My mom has multiple issues and has a hard time standing in one place, this is actually going to probably be her last trip to WDW and she doesn't want to do it in a wheel chair... I did offer her a seat in my double stroller though.... So back for nap and I am off to SSR to the Spa for a pedicure! Afterwards we will go to Epcot and do Spaceship earth and eat a QS dinner in the worldshowcase. Around 5:30-6 oclock we will head back and Zack and I will go to MVMCP We have a lot of date nights planned hehe... We live far away from family, and don't often have someone to watch our kids so this is exciting for us.

Monday - the big day! HS in the morning and then after nap MK! CRT at 5:15 where my daughter will be in awe by meeting her favorite princess "Cinderelly" then we will try and see MS EP & Wishes if the kids permit both. No definite plans with my husband this night, I doubt we will go back to MK for the EMH maybe to DTD or Epcot.

Tuesday - kinda bummed that the EMH were switched, but its our Epcot morning. I have two ADR's.... One for Le Cellier at 1:05 and one for the Coral Reef at 11:35. I think we will be going with Coral Reef because of my daughters love of the aquarium. I have the 2nd because I could not get my ADR changed to 8 people to accomodate my SIL & BIL.... We plan on going to HS that night. Hopefully we can ride TSM once or twice, my daughter loved it last year and I wasn't able to go on.

Wednesday - AK in the morning and then after a nap the Hoop Dee Doo Revue - my mom has always wanted to go so we are going! I have gone once before and loved it, and it should be a blast. I think Wishes is at 6pm that night so maybe we can see it from FW before we head back to the room. We have Fantasia Mini golf planned for that night, and maybe some monorail resort hopping with either drinks or cupcakes!

Thursday- FLE grand opening day!! My husband is going golfing with a friend. My plan MK, so if we have seen everything through soft openings I will skip the FLE and hopefully take advantage of short waits in other areas of the park. I may head over to get a piece of grand opening merch but that it. We also will go back to MK after nap and we have a 6:25pm ADR at 'Ohana.

Friday... last full day. We will again go to MK in the AM and then after nap go to Epcot. We have a 5:05 ADR at Akersus. My daughter should love this place and I really like the themeing. We will probably close with a walk over to the boardwalk and a treat from the bakery. Super sad that even in planning our vacation seems too short!! Zack and I will probably go back for the evening after the girls are put to bed.

I almost forgot - a facial a SSR Spa

Sat - Cape May Cafe breakfast... I am not a 100% on this but think it will be fun to say goodbye to Minnie and the gang.

So I have a few things that I want to try and do with my husband, I want to try and go to addtionally Artists Point (or Territory Lounge) and Flying Fish for appetizers on days that don't involve a buffet meal. I am thinking appetizers, dessert, wine etc... We have already asked my MIL and she is fine with watching (basically sleeping kids) at night so we want to take advantage of it. I also heard Mizners was a great lounge at GF but read that it is closing to accomodate the closing of the quick service location at the Grand Floridian - I don't quite understand in what capacity Mizner's will be operating but we will see....

So now, basically my entire vacation is paid off (and will be fully paid for next Friday) And all I need to do is upgrade my passes, find a rental and start making things to appeal to my daughters imagination. I am going to get a few invites from the DISigners for the character meals. I am also thinking a postcard from Mickey would be a hit We are now doing Disney movie nights once a week as well. It's pretty simple, pizza, popcorn and a treat and a Disney movie And I am planning a countdown once we hit 60 days.

So all in all I am feeling pretty set in most of my plans And once Dec rolls on by I can't wait to plan my October trip!

Last edited by SAT887; 09-25-2012 at 07:21 AM.
SAT887 is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer
 
Tangelders Ahoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 99

Looks great! We will be at O'hana's on Thursday for dinner and Arkeshus on Friday for dinner also!
Tangelders Ahoy is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #40
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy
Looks great! We will be at O'hana's on Thursday for dinner and Arkeshus on Friday for dinner also!
Good Choices! I love 'Ohana's.

Thanks for reading!!
SAT887 is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Oh and I need to thank Tofubeast for my new PTR title!
SAT887 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #42
disney67
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,529

you got alot of great planning done and your adrs are top notch and to give you a quick heads up i booked with Payless and got a rate of 144.00 with all taxes and there discount from there perks e-mail . from 11-28 to 12-4 the only catch is this is an off property car rental . actually 2 miles i called lol.
but i used them twice and had no problems with them . good luck finding one and keep the updates coming
__________________
Jeff lilyPhilipMolly

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #43
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67
you got alot of great planning done and your adrs are top notch and to give you a quick heads up i booked with Payless and got a rate of 144.00 with all taxes and there discount from there perks e-mail . from 11-28 to 12-4 the only catch is this is an off property car rental . actually 2 miles i called lol.
but i used them twice and had no problems with them . good luck finding one and keep the updates coming
Hi! thanks for reading. I want this to be a really fun trip- its going to most likely be my moms last or very few remaining so I want it to be an awesome trip with her grand kids.

The only thing that makes me not want to go to an off airport rental is dragging around 2 kids, 2 carseats, a double stroller etc....I'm hoping to find a decent rental and try Hotwire at the last minute. We will see I notice because I have an 8 day rental it jacks the rate up- pretty annoying!
SAT887 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #44
disney67
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hi! thanks for reading. I want this to be a really fun trip- its going to most likely be my moms last or very few remaining so I want it to be an awesome trip with her grand kids.

The only thing that makes me not want to go to an off airport rental is dragging around 2 kids, 2 carseats, a double stroller etc....I'm hoping to find a decent rental and try Hotwire at the last minute. We will see I notice because I have an 8 day rental it jacks the rate up- pretty annoying!
besides hot wire try the direct site by signing up for there different perks e-mail and then they usually give you like 10% off on top of the sale most of the time and one thing of info i would pass on if you do not do it is try to check once a day because i started a week and a half ago looking and got payless started at 154. and this week it went down 10.00 this is why i will check once a day till i leave ?
And i know what you mean about making a last trip magical for your mom if it is one of her last trips , because my mom has told me she does not want to go to disney anymore it kind of ripped my heart out but understand at the same time , she said she would do unerversal whats up with that !!! good luck and pixies on finding a good rate like me
__________________
Jeff lilyPhilipMolly

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #45
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,570

So right now I'm pretty excited. Everything is paid for or put to the side for our trip!!

Airfare - paid
Tickets - paid (and extra $$ to upgrade them to DVC premium passes in Dec)
MVMCP- paid
PP+- paid
HDDR and CRT- paid
Car Rental - Banked! (Found a rental for a mid sized SUV for 238 still hoping to get a full size car for $200)
Food, spa, golf , spending cash- banked!!

:happydance:

Last edited by SAT887; 09-25-2012 at 07:18 AM.
SAT887 is offline  
 

Tags
christmas, december, fle, holidays, old key west



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: