Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Awwww... you precious little ones are adorable!

I think you listed all of the positives that I can think of with getting the Photopass +. Especially if you are dining at the restaurants that have the pboto packages.

TiW sounds like a better deal for you if you don't want to be subject to the DDP! I like apps for my meal sometimes as well so it give a lot more flexibility.

Happy planning!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #17
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollymn View Post
Your kids are beautiful
Your trip sounds great. Btw,
we may pass in the hall at
Boma, we have a 7:30 adr.
We are staying at AK-Jambo
We just might! I tried changing my OKW reservation to AKL but no 2BR Villas available. Oh well. I plan on checking occasionally and maybe if something opens up that fits our needs we will stay there. If not there is always next time. I am so excited to stay in the Jambo house - even if its only for one night Oh and Thank you!! My girls are great
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Awwww... you precious little ones are adorable!

I think you listed all of the positives that I can think of with getting the Photopass +. Especially if you are dining at the restaurants that have the pboto packages.

TiW sounds like a better deal for you if you don't want to be subject to the DDP! I like apps for my meal sometimes as well so it give a lot more flexibility.

Happy planning!
Thank you I am curious to see how much I like photopass+, I guess I will know by the end of vacation!! Yeah - I've been going over the money DDP costs and TiW should be a better value. Especially since we will have a few bigger meals in there (Boma, Chef Mickey's, Cape May, 'Ohana) I never feel like I get my money's worth at those meals but I definitely will want to do appetizers and salads at my other meals. Too much food for me in Disney!

now it is time to try and plan some activities for my husband and I. We are doing MVMCP on Sunday 12/2. I am very excited, we had a great date night in 2010 at MNSSHP. I want to find something fun and different to do late one night to surprise him though... Still trying to work through that one...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
beedale862003
Mouseketeer

I like that you posted pics of your little ones, I may have to copy that idea from you. Also I saw your planning a trip to Whole Foods, are you health conscience? I am and I'm a little worried about they trip, I figure I will try to pack some healthy snacks, and just try to relax for the week. We try to eat organic, and unprocessed. What about you?

I've already found some cute Mickey Mouse sucker covers to put on suckers and I found some organic suckers without artificial colorants & no corn syrup. So I figure a stash of those may save me a few times.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2957079
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedale862003 View Post
I like that you posted pics of your little ones, I may have to copy that idea from you. Also I saw your planning a trip to Whole Foods, are you health conscience? I am and I'm a little worried about they trip, I figure I will try to pack some healthy snacks, and just try to relax for the week. We try to eat organic, and unprocessed. What about you?

I've already found some cute Mickey Mouse sucker covers to put on suckers and I found some organic suckers without artificial colorants & no corn syrup. So I figure a stash of those may save me a few times.
We try to be. At home its all organic, home grown or local, I make my own cleaners, and avoid chemicals like they were the plauge... Hehe I do like making a few trips to Whole Foods though. I know I can't control the food they we eat for our entire vacation (Did that in 2010 and was not a vacation for me) So, my theory is - it is one week - if we do the right thing the rest of the year 1-2 weeks for "away" vacations isn't going to be the worst thing ever. However, I still go to Whole Foods and get organic milk, eggs, ground coffee, fruit and veggies for us to munch on, as well as whatever organic breakfast options I am in the mood to get. Plus it gives me an excuse to get a VERY awesome Latte... So much better than Starbucks! I get lollipops at my food Co-op - and well so far my daughter is just thrilled with the candy aspect of it on the flight down that I don't need to dress it up!

If you are interested the Whole Foods is on Turkey Lake road and probably about 10 min from DTD - it gets pretty busy on the weekends (just like every other whole foods I have been too!) but is a pretty good store. Also, the Walmart on Turkey Lake road also had a considerable amount of organic as well - however that place was insane on a Saturday afternoon....
Old 07-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #20
beedale862003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post

If you are interested the Whole Foods is on Turkey Lake road and probably about 10 min from DTD - it gets pretty busy on the weekends (just like every other whole foods I have been too!) but is a pretty good store. Also, the Walmart on Turkey Lake road also had a considerable amount of organic as well - however that place was insane on a Saturday afternoon....
Thats good to know, I was planning on packing everything in a cooler since we are driving but maybe just hitting the WF down there would be easier. I have the same plan, of having a healthy breakfast, and trying to provide organic fruit for snacks during the day.

I make my own cleaners as well. I'm thinking of making some reusable Mickey Mouse snack bags to take, I have to see if my sewing skills improve by December.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2957079
Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedale862003

Thats good to know, I was planning on packing everything in a cooler since we are driving but maybe just hitting the WF down there would be easier. I have the same plan, of having a healthy breakfast, and trying to provide organic fruit for snacks during the day.

I make my own cleaners as well. I'm thinking of making some reusable Mickey Mouse snack bags to take, I have to see if my sewing skills improve by December.
It's nice to know I'm not alone! If you belong to Disney Movie Rewards they had Mickey Snack bags for 825 points.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Hiya!
Coming along on your PTR since we'll be there the same time as you: Dec 1-6, then 9-15 (BLT, then BWV). Always awesome to see what other people are planning so I can refine my plans and steal great ideas!

Both my friends' flight from SoCal and our flight from NorCal ended up being substantially cheaper to come in on Friday night instead of Saturday morning, so we're flying in on 11/30 just like you are! Currently have a 2 bedroom reserved at Residence Inn at MCO and planning on taking ME in on 12/1 in the morning, but I would love to do what you're doing and grab a Disney owned room the night before so they just transfer our luggage to BLT in the morning.

Unfortunately getting 2 values is $100 more than an airport hotel and we can't see spending that for a luggage transfer. Going to watch point rental board and if anybody has any expiring or holding points when it gets a little closer and there are any studios left (right now SSR and AKV still have some), then hopefully I can have a DVC studio for less than a value? Worth a shot right?

We're leaning towards getting Photopass+ too. We usually don't get a lot of pictures at Disneyland, but DisneyWorld will be more "special" since we don't get to go there every year, so more photo ops are once-in-a-decade. So great to hear other people's thoughts on this stuff!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Hiya!
Coming along on your PTR since we'll be there the same time as you: Dec 1-6, then 9-15 (BLT, then BWV). Always awesome to see what other people are planning so I can refine my plans and steal great ideas!

Both my friends' flight from SoCal and our flight from NorCal ended up being substantially cheaper to come in on Friday night instead of Saturday morning, so we're flying in on 11/30 just like you are! Currently have a 2 bedroom reserved at Residence Inn at MCO and planning on taking ME in on 12/1 in the morning, but I would love to do what you're doing and grab a Disney owned room the night before so they just transfer our luggage to BLT in the morning.

Unfortunately getting 2 values is $100 more than an airport hotel and we can't see spending that for a luggage transfer. Going to watch point rental board and if anybody has any expiring or holding points when it gets a little closer and there are any studios left (right now SSR and AKV still have some), then hopefully I can have a DVC studio for less than a value? Worth a shot right?

We're leaning towards getting Photopass+ too. We usually don't get a lot of pictures at Disneyland, but DisneyWorld will be more "special" since we don't get to go there every year, so more photo ops are once-in-a-decade. So great to hear other people's thoughts on this stuff!

Hi!

Hehe the Friday flight in for me was just a con... However we are leaving early on Sat the 8th which I think more than makes up for it. For us, I knew I could find a cheaper room off-site but somehow I talked my husband into that too... We had some banked points that expired on 11/30 and and bought some one time use points and it was about as much as we would spend at a family suite at AoA - which don't get me wrong looks great - but a villa at AKL is more appealing to me. Plus it seems like it will be nice to just relax there.

I see you are in the SF area? I have family out that way and hopefully when the girls are a little older we want to fly out and see them. I've never been to California and really want to go to Disneyland but I REALLY want to meet my new niece

I am excited about the photopass+ I am determined to make it a value Plus now, I might bring my DSLR which I normally don't because I don't like passing it around... Which excites me - I am always so jealous of a lot of the photos I see that you just can't get even with a high end point and shoot camera. Now my big thing is what lenses to bring and to find a smaller camera bag.

Thanks for joining in!!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

Hooray on your 1st PTR! How exciting...I never have clever titles either. Your daughters are so cute - I'm very interested on how they take the parks as I will be taking my niece next year, she'll be 2.5. And you will love HDDR - haven't been in like 2 years, but I never had any complaints. Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Cute kids. I love the picture of your DD on the plane and her first mickey ears. I have a picture of DS on the airplane at 3 months old and his first mickey ears too. LOVE looking back at them.. The ears didn't fit of course, but still adorable. I can't wait to read more about your plans, everything looks perfect thus far.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
Hooray on your 1st PTR! How exciting...I never have clever titles either. Your daughters are so cute - I'm very interested on how they take the parks as I will be taking my niece next year, she'll be 2.5. And you will love HDDR - haven't been in like 2 years, but I never had any complaints. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Last year Zoey had just turned 2 and it was a blast. She loved everything. We must have spent an hour our so walking around DTD and she would stare up at the giant statues on the buildings and go "Wow!" This year her imagination is in full swing so I am even more excited. I will tell you nothing beats experiencing Disney through her eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Cute kids. I love the picture of your DD on the plane and her first mickey ears. I have a picture of DS on the airplane at 3 months old and his first mickey ears too. LOVE looking back at them.. The ears didn't fit of course, but still adorable. I can't wait to read more about your plans, everything looks perfect thus far.
Thanks! I can't believe how small she was when we went! I am very excited - I am starting to make things to either ship/pack with us. I want to make a park explorers kit, invitations to characters meals, tie dye mickey shirts and bracelets or necklaces (from Minnie I think) with our cel #'s just in case they run off (hasn't happened yet, but I also don't feel right putting anything with thier name on them). This has been slow going - it's summer, and we are also trying to get the house fixed up to put on the market next spring
Old 07-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Sooo this isn't about my Dec trip - but hubby is giving the green light for 3 or 4 nights away as grown up to WDW!! Thinking October 2013 would be fun - the food and wine festival... Two of my favorite things! I wonder if I could book the boardwalk or beachclub 7 months out....

Old 07-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Tie Dye Mickey Shirts!!

These were so much fun to make!!! A bit of prep work but not as hard as I thought. I really like tie dying and there is a good chance my girls will have one for each day of the month!! So I made 5 shirts ranging from 18month to XS (girls) I really love how they came out and I learned a bunch on this set and plan to do at least 1 or 2 more! The threads on the creative boards have fantastic tips and instructions!

So 18 month shirts while doable harder to get a nice swirl pattern; and the green mickey heads are not vibrant enough to stand out against the white. And finally when they say use 100% cotton use it! The colors are not as prettty. Here are some pics. The top row are XS' (2 are for friends daughters) and the bottom row is my cotton/poly trial.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #29
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

Very cool tees! So creative.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #30
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32
Very cool tees! So creative.
Thanks :D I stumbled across a tie dye thread here and had to do it. They were too cute and they had great step by step instructions!

Tags
christmas, december, fle, holidays, old key west

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: