Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
KristenHoneymooner
Mouseketeer

Best Official SeaWorld Hotel?

My husband and I are planning to stay at one of the official SeaWorld hotels to get the early admission and shuttle service, etc. The prices on many of them are quite similar, so we're looking for advice.

In particular, the Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites are attractive because they are the only two that have free breakfast. The rooms at the Springhill look like they are larger but the layout looks weird, with the bathroom doors right in front of the bed, and in the photos it looks like the bathroom doors are transparent, which seems odd. Plus, the TV is not right in front of the bed, which is inconvenient. On the other hand, the Fairfield Inn rooms are only 270 square feet, which sounds snug.

The other one we are strongly considering is Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld. No breakfast, but parking and wireless internet are free and the rooms look pretty big.

So, does anyone have feedback about the official hotels? THANKS
Old 06-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenHoneymooner View Post
In particular, the Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites are attractive because they are the only two that have free breakfast.
The Residence Inn also offers a free hot breakfast buffet .

I love the look of the Hilton Grand Vacations ..... its on my list for a future stay .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
KristenHoneymooner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
The Residence Inn also offers a free hot breakfast buffet .

I love the look of the Hilton Grand Vacations ..... its on my list for a future stay .
Unfortunately, it looked like the Residence Inn only offers queen bed rooms, and my husband and I are too accustomed to our king bed to adjust to that, but thank you for pointing out that I made an error regarding free breakfast offerings I don't want to mislead other vacationers!

The HGV does offer nice grounds and pools! Plus, the king studios are 400 square feet, which is even bigger than the Royal Pacific room where we'll be for the Universal portion of the trip, so that's a plus. Of course, after Discovery Cove and Aquatica, I'm afraid we might be too "pooled out" to want to use it too much, but the beauty of the property is attractive.

Last edited by KristenHoneymooner; 06-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
KristenHoneymooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
monarchsfan16
Holy smokes, the DIS is a big place!
Was recognized as a New Englander in Yellowstone because I exclaimed wicked awesome as Old Faithful erupted

I stayed at HGV in April and highly recommend it. My room was in great condition, the staff was so friendly and helpful that I thought I was at Disney, and the grounds were beautiful. Seriously, I have NO complaints about that stay (at least none related to the hotel). Really great place! And while there's no free breakfast, there's a little shop off the back of the main building that has reasonably priced pastries.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
KristenHoneymooner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchsfan16 View Post
I stayed at HGV in April and highly recommend it. My room was in great condition, the staff was so friendly and helpful that I thought I was at Disney, and the grounds were beautiful. Seriously, I have NO complaints about that stay (at least none related to the hotel). Really great place! And while there's no free breakfast, there's a little shop off the back of the main building that has reasonably priced pastries.
Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like you had a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: