Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #106
FlotsamLovesJetsam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjenne

I have a three year old princess as well!! It is also our first cruise! If you have any great tips let me know! I am nervous excited.

Jennifer
I've only been on one other cruise with kids, when my son was three. I think the best thing to do is get them signed up at the kids club first thing on the ship. They have such a great time there, and make friends fast. We'll have to get our princesses together! My kids are just so excited about vacation, we even made a paper-chain countdown! Of course, I think mom and dad are just as excited (mom might be the most excited). 23 days!!!!
FlotsamLovesJetsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #107
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how the cabanas work? Fr example if we shared one with another family & we paid our 1/2 to them, then how would the individual charges work in the cabana?

For example any lunch or drink charges, extra water sports, etc. would each charge them to the kttw card or go on cabana charge?

Thanks all
Ellen

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 AM   #108
lv2glf
Earning My Ears

Hello! I am late to this party! Booked VGT about 2 weeks ago for myself and DS16 and DS11. We are anxiously awaiting our stateroom assignment and seriously cannot wait to sail. Kids have never cruised and its been about 18 years for me! So fun reading all these tips, I actually feel like I will be well prepared!
Kristin
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #109
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Are we still up for a Meet-Up at 3pm on the first day by the Vista Cafe, deck 4 midship?
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #110
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

That sounds fun, we'll see you there!

so how abt telling what state we are all from! We are from the bright lights of very rural NH !

Ellen

Dream 2/24/13

Last edited by ellensfamily; 02-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #111
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2glf View Post
Hello! I am late to this party! Booked VGT about 2 weeks ago for myself and DS16 and DS11. We are anxiously awaiting our stateroom assignment and seriously cannot wait to sail. Kids have never cruised and its been about 18 years for me! So fun reading all these tips, I actually feel like I will be well prepared!
Kristin
hi kristen,

we have a 12 y/o son, then hubby & I...just the 3 of us, not only 1st disney cruise but 1st cruise EVER !

are you in our FE group?
glad another little guy my Billys age will be on board. I hear they have great kids sections

ellen

Dream 2/24/13
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #112
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily
That sounds fun, we'll see you there!

so how abt telling what state we are all from! We are from the bright lights of very rural NH !

Ellen
We are from North Carolina!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #113
lv2glf
Earning My Ears

Hi Ellen and all. Not in the FE group. But hey small world we live in New Hampshire also!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #114
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2glf View Post
Kristin
hi kristin - that is so cool, what part of NH? we're in Atkinson. Are you staying at wdw before the cruise? we booked this in conjunction with the school vacation here. Did you rent a cabana? This is our very 1st cruise, but we go to wdw abt 3-4 times a year, we have annual passes.

ellen

Dream 2/24/13
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #115
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Hello all. We might book this cruise last minute pending the outcome of my mom's bone marrow biopsy. Would y'all accept a late FE entry of two adults? I will know on Tuesday. Thanks!!
sorul82? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #116
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
Hello all. We might book this cruise last minute pending the outcome of my mom's bone marrow biopsy. Would y'all accept a late FE entry of two adults? I will know on Tuesday. Thanks!!
you'll need to message "reagansmom" she is running the FE !
hope all works out!
ellen

Dream 2/24/13
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #117
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
I can check with the group and see.

We are from Rochester, NY (a long way from NYC).
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #118
lv2glf
Earning My Ears

Ellen we are in Pelham! My 11 yr old was psyched to hear there is a kid his age and from NH too. So funny. We did not rent a cabana, already spending too much money on an Atlantis day trip! I have family in Orlando so we will spend some time with them on both ends of the cruise, maybe hitting one of the parks on Thursday.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #119
CruiseKris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom View Post
Are we still up for a Meet-Up at 3pm on the first day by the Vista Cafe, deck 4 midship?
We are planning on trying to meet up with everyone at The Vista cafe. I too am from Rochester, NY. 22 days and counting.
CruiseKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #120
disjenne
Mouseketeer

We will try to meet as well but being new to the ship hopefully I will not get lost! I do have a few questions. Is everyone allowed to board the ship starting at 11 am? <- I think I read yes somewhere in all of my research. And if, for some reason, our stateroom changes once we arrive on the ship *upgrade* how do we let everyone know? Lastly, because this is our first cruise I hope you all enjoy our FE gifts! I feel so lost on how and what to do! Lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: