Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #91
Sageeise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily View Post
Hi all,

I am hoping one of you marvelous families in our FE group would like to take advantage of saving a few bucks?

We are desperately trying to rent a cabana on castaway cay day but all sold out.

There are 3 of us, myself, dh & ds(12).

If anyone hear as reserved a cabana and would consider splitting it that's abt $250 savings! My hubby & son will prob be at water slides most of time anyway, but I'd even take one on adult side!

Also can anyone direct me where to purchase 3 lanyards for our 1st cruise? I heard they give them upon 2nd cruise but we r having a difficult time purchasing some

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
ellen
E

I messaged my travel agent about trying to get one today. I was afraid that they were all sold out already. This is our first Disney cruise, so I didn't hear about them until the other day! Good luck!!
Sageeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #92
disneygirl32830
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily
Hi all,

I am hoping one of you marvelous families in our FE group would like to take advantage of saving a few bucks?

We are desperately trying to rent a cabana on castaway cay day but all sold out.

If anyone hear as reserved a cabana and would consider splitting it that's abt $250 savings! My hubby & son will prob be at water slides most of time anyway, but I'd even take one on adult side!

Also can anyone direct me where to purchase 3 lanyards for our 1st cruise? I heard they give them upon 2nd cruise but we r having a difficult time purchasing some

Thanks
ellen
E
Sorry - misread the message and thought you were offering your cabana - we are seeking one as well.
Miranda
disneygirl32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #93
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Ellen, I don't have a cabana but hope you find one! Are you searching for Disney Cruise lanyards or just Disney theme ones? I assume they use these as in WDW for pin trading? Like I said I am so new to all of this I have no idea where to start!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #94
FlotsamLovesJetsam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily
Hi all,

Thanks
ellen
E
You can find general disney lanyards on amazon, or through the disney store. As for the cabana, wish we had one too! Didn't even know about them until just the other day.
FlotsamLovesJetsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #95
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback, I'm traveling concierge so I'm hoping we can get one on board? Hoping they may have kept some out.

I'm looking for any type of Disney lanyards, actually I'm stayin at wdw for 3 days prior to cruise, I can prob get one there!
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #96
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Oh, btw we got our cruise documents today!

Yeah
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #97
CruiseKris
Earning My Ears

Lanyards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I'm traveling concierge so I'm hoping we can get one on board? Hoping they may have kept some out.

I'm looking for any type of Disney lanyards, actually I'm stayin at wdw for 3 days prior to cruise, I can prob get one there!
Disney lanyards are readily available on both ebay and amazon if you wantto get ahead of time. You can also pick up at most Disney shops (airport, any store on property, hotels).
CruiseKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #98
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info!
Ellen

Ps...on 11th deck, the category V rooms- does anyone know if its a glass sliding door that will stay open or a regular door that I'll need to use a buggy cord for
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #99
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlotsamLovesJetsam View Post
This will be my family's first Disney Cruise, and we are SUPER excited! A friend told me we need to do the fish extenders, that the kids will love it. So, we'd like to join the fish extender group. There's two of us adult-types, and a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old princess taking up residence on the Dream.
I have a three year old princess as well!! It is also our first cruise! If you have any great tips let me know! I am nervous excited.

Jennifer
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #100
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if it is ok to take travel mugs on the ship? I have heard that the filling station cups are very small. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #101
Sageeise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjenne View Post
Does anyone know if it is ok to take travel mugs on the ship? I have heard that the filling station cups are very small. Thanks!
I was told to definitely bring your own travel mugs/nalgene bottles. We have a huge collection of the Disney parks travel mugs, so I thought that I would throw a few in my bag.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #102
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageeise

I was told to definitely bring your own travel mugs/nalgene bottles. We have a huge collection of the Disney parks travel mugs, so I thought that I would throw a few in my bag.
Yay! So e had told me yes but other said Disney frowns upon it. I was told they make you fill the paper cup then fill yours. Are there attendants at all of the drink stations? I didn't get it but I've never been on a cruise
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #103
Sageeise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjenne View Post
Yay! So e had told me yes but other said Disney frowns upon it. I was told they make you fill the paper cup then fill yours. Are there attendants at all of the drink stations? I didn't get it but I've never been on a cruise
This is our first Disney cruise to, so I'm not sure about that!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #104
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Ellen...I sent you a PM.

As for bringing your own travel mugs/cups. Yes you can. they do ask that you use a paper cup to fill your own cup for sanitary reasons (don't want germs coming into contact with the soda dispensers).

I have not seen DCL frown upon it. I bring a plastic Tervis tea mug for my morning tea (I like a big tea cup) and my large Tervis tumbler for consuming beverages during the day. I love a ton of ice in my cold drinks so having the large Tervis tumbler allows me to do that. the cups provided at the drink stations are on the small size...like the paper drink cups at WDW.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #105
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37
Ellen...I sent you a PM.

As for bringing your own travel mugs/cups. Yes you can. they do ask that you use a paper cup to fill your own cup for sanitary reasons (don't want germs coming into contact with the soda dispensers).

I have not seen DCL frown upon it. I bring a plastic Tervis tea mug for my morning tea (I like a big tea cup) and my large Tervis tumbler for consuming beverages during the day. I love a ton of ice in my cold drinks so having the large Tervis tumbler allows me to do that. the cups provided at the drink stations are on the small size...like the paper drink cups at WDW.

MJ
Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: