Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #151
lv2glf
Earning My Ears

Ellen

my DS (11) keeps bugging me to ask you if your son likes sports- he is planning to spend lots of time on Goofy's sports deck! 15 more days!!

Kristin
Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #152
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Hi Gang!

I am updated the FE lists and will send them out ASAP. We got some crazy snow yesterday and all my plans got shifted around for this weekend. Thanks for your quick responses, though. I am REALLY looking forward to this cruise and some sunshine.
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #153
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennanfamily2004 View Post
Any chance there is still room on the FE list? This is our first ever cruise. We didn't get our confirmation until yesterday due to the fact that this is a donated trip to my husband who is a Purple Heart Marine Corps Veteran.

We have 2 girls 12 and 6.

Please, please, please, please, please send me an email ASAP with your info. I'm trying to finalize the latecomer FE list and need your names, cabin # and if you are celebrating anything. My email is hhroth at gmail dot com.
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #154
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Hi Kristen-

My son billy (12) does like sports although not very athletic. He is on the wrestling team at the middle school though. They have regionals tomorrow. Giving it his best shot! Will you be at the meet party on vista lounge at 3pm the day we sail?

What room are you? We are 11004!
Ellen

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #155
lv2glf
Earning My Ears

We will try hard to make it to the Vista Cafe at 3. We have no stateroom as of yet... We booked at VGT restricted rate: we do not get to choose: must wait for DCL to assign us a start room!! The wait is driving me crazy but we should find out within the next couple days! Hoping for at least deck 8 or 9!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #156
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

ooh good luck!

did you get hammered by snow, we surely did !

i hope you get your room assignment soon too! less than 2 weeks til we sail!
looking for room signs to make...im just awful at this! lol

ellen

Dream 2/24/13
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #157
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2glf
We will try hard to make it to the Vista Cafe at 3. We have no stateroom as of yet... We booked at VGT restricted rate: we do not get to choose: must wait for DCL to assign us a start room!! The wait is driving me crazy but we should find out within the next couple days! Hoping for at least deck 8 or 9!
We are waiting for our room assignment as well! How long before will we find out? I keep checking emails, texts, and online daily!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #158
disjenne
Mouseketeer

I really hope our FE gifts turn out well! I'm new at this and feel a little lost! I spent almost a year planning our last WDW trip and have only had the cruise booked for a month. . Do any other first timers feel the same? Or is it just my OCD nature? Lol! I have to say I am very excited about it. This will be a whole new experience for us. First cruise and first family vacation just the three of us!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #159
lv2glf
Earning My Ears

Disjenne I follow another thread that tracks people's experiences with booking either IGT, OGT or VGT and what they end up with... The general feeling seems to be staterooms are assigned about 14 days out and people are generally pleased with what they get! I'm just hoping we are high up cuz my youngest son and I both have a little motion sickness eek! Stocked up with Dramamine and Sea Bands... I'm thinking we will find out on Monday but I still check my reservation online constantly!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #160
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2glf
Disjenne I follow another thread that tracks people's experiences with booking either IGT, OGT or VGT and what they end up with... The general feeling seems to be staterooms are assigned about 14 days out and people are generally pleased with what they get! I'm just hoping we are high up cuz my youngest son and I both have a little motion sickness eek! Stocked up with Dramamine and Sea Bands... I'm thinking we will find out on Monday but I still check my reservation online constantly!
Oh I hope so!!
Jennifer
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #161
eaf1234
Earning My Ears

Vgt

We are also awaiting our vgt room assignment and are hoping for a deck up high due to slight motion sickness and me being pregnant I'm hoping it won't make the motion sickness worse, any one have any experience and know if there's any pregnant friendly motion sickness remedies
eaf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #162
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

hi All

This will be our first cruise...have two younger daughters with us, 6 and 4. If anyone else has girls similar age, I am sure they'd love to play..thanks
lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #163
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjenne
I really hope our FE gifts turn out well! I'm new at this and feel a little lost! I spent almost a year planning our last WDW trip and have only had the cruise booked for a month. . Do any other first timers feel the same? Or is it just my OCD nature? Lol! I have to say I am very excited about it. This will be a whole new experience for us. First cruise and first family vacation just the three of us!
Hi, I'm with you 100%.. Totally new at cruising. Nvr been, but have been to wdw in deluxe resorts at least 4 times a year since 200).. Very familiar w it. But feel lost at cruising. Trying to make door signs...no luck, I don't understand any of it! Oh we'll,
We are determined to ave fun, no matter what!

Ellen

Dream 2/24/13
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #164
CruiseKris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
This will be our first cruise...have two younger daughters with us, 6 and 4. If anyone else has girls similar age, I am sure they'd love to play..thanks
I have a 4 year old boy and 6 year old girl. It is our first cruise too!
CruiseKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #165
CruiseKris
Earning My Ears

Surprise

Anyone ever surprise their kids with the trip? We haven't told our kids yet and were going to tell them know we were going to visit Grandma (we are before cruise). My plan is to just pull up at the port instead of going to the airport. Anyone have any creative ways to drop the surprise?
CruiseKris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: