Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #511
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears
 
Bsb1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
Try to be patient...very patient...they normally assign stateroom to GTY reservations at 45 days prior. We booked our reservation while on board the Dream last February cruising this February Cat 5E...they assigned our stateroom around 45 days prior in Cat 5A
Really??? That close to the cruise date? So when they send you the luggage tags in the mail, it will already have the stateroom number on it?
__________________
Bsb1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #512
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsb1012 View Post
Really??? That close to the cruise date? So when they send you the luggage tags in the mail, it will already have the stateroom number on it?
Well, I haven't gotten my tags yet...it's the first time I book GTY, but I'll let you know.

Also, we had friends on our last cruise, DCL changed they stateroom # within a week of our departure. The main thing to remember is that you will NOT be homeless...lol...you are guaranteed your category or better!
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #513
bzzelady
DIS Veteran
 
bzzelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
The main thing to remember is that you will NOT be homeless...lol...you are guaranteed your category or better!
I know we will not end up homeless...but it would certainly be nice to know. We are 13 days out and many other GT cruisers have received their cabin assignments for this cruise. I just worry that the longer it takes to get the assignment, the worse our chances are for a decent cabin assignment as we get closer to the bottom of the barrel. I also want to know if I will most likely be happy with my cabin or should be on the first DCL bus to port to attempt to upgrade if I am unhappy. The other factor is we are only waiting for one cabin with three occupants and many of the reported less than desirable verandah cabins are for a max occupancy of 3. I just want a verandah that my DH and I can both sit on together (at the same time) and relax...this has been a very difficult year with my father's illness and death and me finishing my master's degree in the midst of it all.

With that said, this is the risk I accepted by booking a VGT cabin but there were many other bookings after me (Florida resident and cast member) who paid even less than my VGT rate who already have reported receiving their cabin assignments....and nice ones at that. We had difficulty being able to book this cruise to begin with (CM and her supervisor didn't know how to book a VGT with a cruise credit) and only after sending a letter to Guest Communications were we finally able to get this booked with the good rate with Roy from DCL customer satisfaction doing the booking himself (Thanks Roy!).

Today is the 13 day mark and this seems to be the mark when most GT cabin assignments are made...hopefully it will be a good day
__________________
Missing Dad...6/6/45-6/3/12

Me DH DD13 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #514
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
I know we will not end up homeless...but it would certainly be nice to know. We are 13 days out and many other GT cruisers have received their cabin assignments for this cruise. I just worry that the longer it takes to get the assignment, the worse our chances are for a decent cabin assignment as we get closer to the bottom of the barrel. I also want to know if I will most likely be happy with my cabin or should be on the first DCL bus to port to attempt to upgrade if I am unhappy. The other factor is we are only waiting for one cabin with three occupants and many of the reported less than desirable verandah cabins are for a max occupancy of 3. I just want a verandah that my DH and I can both sit on together (at the same time) and relax...this has been a very difficult year with my father's illness and death and me finishing my master's degree in the midst of it all.

With that said, this is the risk I accepted by booking a VGT cabin but there were many other bookings after me (Florida resident and cast member) who paid even less than my VGT rate who already have reported receiving their cabin assignments....and nice ones at that. We had difficulty being able to book this cruise to begin with (CM and her supervisor didn't know how to book a VGT with a cruise credit) and only after sending a letter to Guest Communications were we finally able to get this booked with the good rate with Roy from DCL customer satisfaction doing the booking himself (Thanks Roy!).

Today is the 13 day mark and this seems to be the mark when most GT cabin assignments are made...hopefully it will be a good day
Please forgive, I thought I was chatting with someone else...yes, I read you post previously and I felt for you. Have you contacted DCL? What have they told you?
I have a feeling you will be very pleased with your cabin...but I am curious to see what happens. Our friends from our last cruise got their first assignment 14 days prior to our cruise and the updated within a week...they ended up with a gorgeous very spacious corner stateroom on deck 10 (Dream).

Hang in there and let us know the outcome...
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #515
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears
 
Bsb1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 49

Here's what I don't understand... my cruise isn't until July 2013 and I have a GTY room for 5B. When I check the website for cruises, they only have 9B and 9C available, as well as 10A. In your experience, does this mean I may not get an upgrade?
__________________
Bsb1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #516
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsb1012 View Post
Here's what I don't understand... my cruise isn't until July 2013 and I have a GTY room for 5B. When I check the website for cruises, they only have 9B and 9C available, as well as 10A. In your experience, does this mean I may not get an upgrade?
Not at all...what that means is that 5B is sold out to new reservations.
We reserved GTY 5E...once it was sold out, it was not an option for new reservations. We got upgraded to 5A...
Best of Luck for your Upgrade...
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #517
Bsb1012
Earning My Ears
 
Bsb1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
Not at all...what that means is that 5B is sold out to new reservations.
We reserved GTY 5E...once it was sold out, it was not an option for new reservations. We got upgraded to 5A...
Best of Luck for your Upgrade...
That makes sense! Thank you for the information! Good luck to you too!!!
__________________
Bsb1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #518
bzzelady
DIS Veteran
 
bzzelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
Please forgive, I thought I was chatting with someone else...
That's perfectly okay! I cannot count the number of times that I have done this same thing on these boards

Actually, I found out when I talked to Roy regarding why the cruise credit existed, it turned out that Access America never shared the nice letter I wrote regarding the difficulties we had with DCL special services in not being able to accomodate my father's dietary needs with his ALS. He was having coughing problems and was embarrassed to eat in the main dining room and they would not agree to bring him room service and could not guarantee that they would be able to provide chopped/pureed foods. Since he did not yet have a feeding tube, we were really caught in a problem area. With that said...my father was still doing hard construction and climbing scaffolding so the rest of the trip would not have been an issue. I am going to forward that to him so that hopefully they can be more responsive to guests needing medical assistance in the future. His biggest regret (and mine) was that he did not have the opportunity to return to Alaska before he died as it was one of his favorite places and he was so looking forward to sharing it with my DD.

So that's why we decided to go to the Bahamas on the Dream...I thought it would be too difficult to try the Alaska cruise right now and we needed a few days away!

That's why when we went to book this cruise and were told initially, "Oh...we cannot apply a cruise credit to a VGT rate" that I sat down and . I was beginning to feel like we were just not supposed to ever use this cruise credit I'm just hoping for a middle of the road verandah that we can sit on, warm sun, and relaxation!
__________________
Missing Dad...6/6/45-6/3/12

Me DH DD13 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #519
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
That's perfectly okay! I cannot count the number of times that I have done this same thing on these boards

Actually, I found out when I talked to Roy regarding why the cruise credit existed, it turned out that Access America never shared the nice letter I wrote regarding the difficulties we had with DCL special services in not being able to accomodate my father's dietary needs with his ALS. He was having coughing problems and was embarrassed to eat in the main dining room and they would not agree to bring him room service and could not guarantee that they would be able to provide chopped/pureed foods. Since he did not yet have a feeding tube, we were really caught in a problem area. With that said...my father was still doing hard construction and climbing scaffolding so the rest of the trip would not have been an issue. I am going to forward that to him so that hopefully they can be more responsive to guests needing medical assistance in the future. His biggest regret (and mine) was that he did not have the opportunity to return to Alaska before he died as it was one of his favorite places and he was so looking forward to sharing it with my DD.

So that's why we decided to go to the Bahamas on the Dream...I thought it would be too difficult to try the Alaska cruise right now and we needed a few days away!

That's why when we went to book this cruise and were told initially, "Oh...we cannot apply a cruise credit to a VGT rate" that I sat down and . I was beginning to feel like we were just not supposed to ever use this cruise credit I'm just hoping for a middle of the road verandah that we can sit on, warm sun, and relaxation!
I understand...fingers crossed everything works out for your family...you definitely need this! Keep us updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsb1012 View Post
That makes sense! Thank you for the information! Good luck to you too!!!
And to you!
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #520
bzzelady
DIS Veteran
 
bzzelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,149

Thanks for the happy thoughts! On our cruise meet thread, it appears that several of us are waiting for a place to call "home" for our cruise
__________________
Missing Dad...6/6/45-6/3/12

Me DH DD13 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #521
SJDis
Earning My Ears
 
SJDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDis View Post
Not yet....We are still waiting anxiously for the same cruise!!!!
Same here. Sailing the same date.....waiting not so patiently.....lol!!! First Disney cruise....first cruise in 10 years as well. We are very excited!!
SJDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #522
bzzelady
DIS Veteran
 
bzzelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,149

I'm happy to report that the Bzzelady family is no longer homeless. We were assigned #9080...looks to be a great midship 4A just back from the midship elevators with no noisy public areas above or below. I am just delighted that I have a good balcony to sit on! Thanks everyone for the warm thoughts, support, and to the DCL room assigner for pixie dust!!!!!!
__________________
Missing Dad...6/6/45-6/3/12

Me DH DD13 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #523
rbw5t
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
I'm happy to report that the Bzzelady family is no longer homeless. We were assigned #9080...looks to be a great midship 4A just back from the midship elevators with no noisy public areas above or below. I am just delighted that I have a good balcony to sit on! Thanks everyone for the warm thoughts, support, and to the DCL room assigner for pixie dust!!!!!!
Congrats!!
rbw5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #524
mickyminnie890
Let all your dreams come true!
 
mickyminnie890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 181

I booked a GTY for March! I check everyday, but still haven't gotten it yet. Probably 30 days before cruise or so.
__________________

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
DCL Dream- 3/28/13
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #525
misslissa
DIS Veteran
 
misslissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklin, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,957

Got our GTY assignment today for our cruise on Jan 24th on the Dream. Booked IGT, got Room 2011, Cat 11C. S'all good. We're going on a Disney cruise!
__________________
December 2004 - First Trip to Disney! - Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2005 - Old Key West
September 2006 - DISNEYMOON at Coronado Springs Resort
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: