Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #406
pixielizzie
dreaming of the Wonder!
 
pixielizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 51

forgot to update!

After experimenting with nearly every category, we eventually booked an 11C GTY to save a few bucks, we were pixiedusted with a 9B!
Granted we are on the MR cruise which don't appear to be selling well...
good luck everybody!
__________________
June 4-11 Alaska November 18-25 Mexican Riviera
pixielizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #407
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,856

50 days til my cruise and our room assignment is 2018, which is a 9B when I booked a 9D. Really wanted a higher deck than deck 2, and most of the 9Ds are on decks 6-8. Pretty much the only upgrade category I was going to be not thrilled with. Oh well, I'm still going on a Disney Cruise!
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #408
mnrhannah07
1,287 miles from WDW
 
mnrhannah07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 427

24 days out, got room assignment 10000 which is a 5a, we booked a 7a
__________________
ME(27) DH(29) DS(5)
mnrhannah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #409
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran
 
I❤MICKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 843

I booked through DU. I was never advised that I was requesting a GTY room. Is that normal?

Disney Magic
February 15, 2013
Our reservation is for Room # GTY, Category 09C, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom.

Last edited by I❤MICKEY; 10-17-2012 at 08:28 PM.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #410
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran
 
I❤MICKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectoraholic View Post
No, not a cheaper price, but there is a chance (and often a good chance) of getting a better cabin type than what the GTY booking was. So say you book an inside stateroom that is GTY. You keep an eye on your sailing and notice that no insides seem to open up, but there are many ocean views available. Therefore, there is a good chance that when the room assigners start assigning for this specific cruise, those that booked the inside GTY will get pixie dusted to an ocean view cabin, thus getting a better stateroom for no more money.

Hope that explains it for you!
How do you keep an eye on your sailing and see what is filling up?
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #411
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
50 days til my cruise and our room assignment is 2018, which is a 9B when I booked a 9D. Really wanted a higher deck than deck 2, and most of the 9Ds are on decks 6-8. Pretty much the only upgrade category I was going to be not thrilled with. Oh well, I'm still going on a Disney Cruise!
I know what you mean, but I've read some great things about Deck 2 Staterooms...enough to want to reserve a room on Deck 2 next time around.

I looked into it and it appears to be in a good location. Some passengers who where hesitant in having a stateroom on Deck 2 really enjoyed and even mentioned booking it in the future.

I'm a bit scared with my GTY, but like you I'm excited on going on another Disney Cruise regardless of the stateroom...Happy Sails...have a great time!!!
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #412
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
I know what you mean, but I've read some great things about Deck 2 Staterooms...enough to want to reserve a room on Deck 2 next time around.

I looked into it and it appears to be in a good location. Some passengers who where hesitant in having a stateroom on Deck 2 really enjoyed and even mentioned booking it in the future.

I'm a bit scared with my GTY, but like you I'm excited on going on another Disney Cruise regardless of the stateroom...Happy Sails...have a great time!!!
I actually just got off the Wonder a few days ago in a 9C, which is also on deck 2. It was okay, I wouldn't mind having another deck 2 room. Because the cruise wasn't completely full, the elevators were quick enough to use most of the time, but it felt like quite the hike to get places other than the restaurants (mainly the kids club). Plus there was some noise on some nights from carts in the kitchen moving around above us, and Guest Services gave us earplugs which was sufficient, but I still would have preferred to have a room with no kitchen above us at all.
Previously I'd sailed on deck 6 on the Wonder in an inside, which was really convenient to walk up three flights of stairs to the pool deck, or down 3 to the restaurants, etc, and only one flight of stairs to the kids club. Hence why I'd prefer 6 or 7 ... might still ask my TA if there's anything they can do after spending some more time looking at the deck plan of the Dream.
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #413
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?
 
collectoraholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Not close enuf to the Magic!
Posts: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
How do you keep an eye on your sailing and see what is filling up?
Go in and act as if you're booking that cruise with a new booking and see what comes up. Do it for how you booked as well as a variety of different people. Try it w/ 2 adults, 2 adults and any # of kids of varying ages and see what shows as available.

HTHs!
__________________
collectoraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #414
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran
 
Douvres Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I actually just got off the Wonder a few days ago in a 9C, which is also on deck 2. It was okay, I wouldn't mind having another deck 2 room. Because the cruise wasn't completely full, the elevators were quick enough to use most of the time, but it felt like quite the hike to get places other than the restaurants (mainly the kids club). Plus there was some noise on some nights from carts in the kitchen moving around above us, and Guest Services gave us earplugs which was sufficient, but I still would have preferred to have a room with no kitchen above us at all.
Previously I'd sailed on deck 6 on the Wonder in an inside, which was really convenient to walk up three flights of stairs to the pool deck, or down 3 to the restaurants, etc, and only one flight of stairs to the kids club. Hence why I'd prefer 6 or 7 ... might still ask my TA if there's anything they can do after spending some more time looking at the deck plan of the Dream.
What I read is that Deck 2 on the Fantasy and Dream are much better than the Wonder or Magic...though I myself have never stayed in either.

In the past I prefer Deck 9 on the Dream and 6 or 7 on the Wonder. In the CruiseAdvice.org web site, Deck 9 on the Dream and Deck 7 on the Wonder appear as favorites. Deck 2 on the Wonder does have "red warning signs"...and Deck 5 on the Dream shows "red warning signs".

Though, I might not mind being assigned Deck 5...I can sleep through ANYTHING...my DH tells me if an atomic bomb hit I'd sleep through it , so will our DS. However, DH is a really light sleeper.
__________________




WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #415
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 252

11 days out....and still no room assignment! Of course, I am not sure why I keep checking, it could certainly change a few times before we get to Port.

Dying here....
__________________
Link to our Disney Dream 4 night cruise video - November 2012 http://youtu.be/zoUStVx3mq4

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE



Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #416
ValentineJulie
Mouseketeer
 
ValentineJulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 105

Can you view which rooms are already taken on your cruise? I am waiting for my VGT assignment and I am curious as to what is still open

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Disney Wonder October 2010
Disney Dream October 2011
Disney Fantasy November 2012

ValentineJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #417
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappygrrl
11 days out....and still no room assignment! Of course, I am not sure why I keep checking, it could certainly change a few times before we get to Port.

Dying here....
Do you mean to tell me that even if I get a room assignment, it could change later???

Btw 31 days and still nothing.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #418
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 252

That 's what some have said on the boards they got their assignment, but it changed a few times before they got to port.
__________________
Link to our Disney Dream 4 night cruise video - November 2012 http://youtu.be/zoUStVx3mq4

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE



Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #419
CowboyPrincess
Mouseketeer
 
CowboyPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: At home in NJ trying to raise two Disney fans!
Posts: 185

We got our room assignment today for the 12/15/12 Fantasy. We booked a 5E GTY and received a 5E 9672.
CowboyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #420
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 252

Got it 10 days out - booked a VGT on the Dream, ended up in 10604 which is a 4A, correct? Happy to be midship, not thrileed about pool decks above, but don't anticipate being in the room much during the day, kids don't nap, etc.

This is good, right?
__________________
Link to our Disney Dream 4 night cruise video - November 2012 http://youtu.be/zoUStVx3mq4

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE



Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: