Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day
 
AndreaDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,957

One week to go and still no cabin assignment!

Ahhh, it's making me crazy and I'm obsessively checking every 15 minutes! We booked an OGT room on Oct. 8 and leave next Saturday (Wonder), but so far, nothing! I'm assuming they don't assign on the weekends? I don't know how I'll make it until Monday. And yes, I KNOW they can wait to assign until we board, but I've never read of that happening.
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
MND
DIS Veteran
 
MND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Ahhh, it's making me crazy and I'm obsessively checking every 15 minutes! We booked an OGT room on Oct. 8 and leave next Saturday (Wonder), but so far, nothing! I'm assuming they don't assign on the weekends? I don't know how I'll make it until Monday. And yes, I KNOW they can wait to assign until we board, but I've never read of that happening.
When were you expecting your cabin assignment?

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day
 
AndreaDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
When were you expecting your cabin assignment?

Mike
Well, almost everyone in our FB group got theirs this week, the majority of them on Monday. I think there's one or two other still waiting. From what I've read, they are usually assigned 10-14 days out and we're down to 7 so just getting rather antsy.
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
quickcat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 400

Uugghh! I don't envy you! Well, I guess I do since I wish it was us going next week
But I know what you are going thru- we went on the Fantasy last Jan and booked a VGT and I looked all the time. You are right, a week out is down to the wire.... hopefully it'll come sooner than later- here is hoping you get some pixie dust soon and get the room assignment!
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
MND
DIS Veteran
 
MND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,178

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Well, almost everyone in our FB group got theirs this week, the majority of them on Monday. I think there's one or two other still waiting. From what I've read, they are usually assigned 10-14 days out and we're down to 7 so just getting rather antsy.
Hopefully, you will get it next week. But, I don't understand what the big deal is.

You knew when you booked that you weren't booking a specific room. So, I look at it like booking a hotel room where you will find out your room when you get your keys.

Nevertheless, I'm sure it will work out fine and I hope you have a great cruise.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day
 
AndreaDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
Hopefully, you will get it next week. But, I don't understand what the big deal is.

You knew when you booked that you weren't booking a specific room. So, I look at it like booking a hotel room where you will find out your room when you get your keys.

Nevertheless, I'm sure it will work out fine and I hope you have a great cruise.

Mike
Because I'd at least like to know the general area of the ship we'll be on, I'm very directionally challenged so it helps to know how far we'll be from dining, etc. Also, I'm doing FE gifts and was hoping to make labels that said "from the AndreaDM family, cabin 1234".
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Justacruiser
Military Veteran
 
Justacruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Because I'd at least like to know the general area of the ship we'll be on, I'm very directionally challenged so it helps to know how far we'll be from dining, etc. Also, I'm doing FE gifts and was hoping to make labels that said "from the AndreaDM family, cabin 1234".
my DW is also directionally challenged. What I do is always come and go from the same direction when we come and go to the room. And, when I can book a room on the ship, I book the same room for future cruises.

My DM/DD went on a cruise with us last month, they got room assignments 4 days before the cruise. If you get the room assignment, ensure you place the room number on your luggage tags in BLACK MARKER.

Have fun!
__________________
Total: 23 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 126 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 5 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-4:
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 10, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,448

On our OGT last August we received our cabin 6 days out and yep our entire cruise thread had theirs. It's fun checking and waiting but I get it 😊 My friend and I are waiting right now for the 12/5 Dream and we are 11 days out. It's just part of the plan - hang in there!

Heather
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day
 
AndreaDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
On our OGT last August we received our cabin 6 days out and yep our entire cruise thread had theirs. It's fun checking and waiting but I get it 😊 My friend and I are waiting right now for the 12/5 Dream and we are 11 days out. It's just part of the plan - hang in there!

Heather
Thanks! Do you remember which day you found out? I don't want to bother checking all weekend if they won't do anything before Monday.
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,494

PIXIE DUST !! i'm sure this means that they are going to upgrade you to veranda. okay, i'm not SURE but odds would seem to be in your favour. good luck and keep us informed.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
Justacruiser
Military Veteran
 
Justacruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Thanks! Do you remember which day you found out? I don't want to bother checking all weekend if they won't do anything before Monday.
they won't do anything before Monday
__________________
Total: 23 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 126 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 5 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-4:
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 10, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #12
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran
 
MandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,637

I had friends on the Nov 16 Wonder who booked VGT and were assigned 3 days prior. Another family on same sailing booked IGT and were assigned over a week in advance. Just remember it can be assigned when you check in at port Best wishes!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Thanks! Do you remember which day you found out? I don't want to bother checking all weekend if they won't do anything before Monday.
It's *very* unlikely to happen over the weekend. Tuesdays seems like a popular cabin assignment day and I'm thinking that's when ours will be, but who knows. I can't remember what day the one at 6 days was assigned but I do know it was around 5pm.

Keep us posted

Heather
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #14
Saamh
Mouseketeer
 
Saamh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 247

We just booked the Wonder for 3 weeks from tomorrow. What happens if you don't get luggage tags with your stateroom #? What do you do with your luggage when you arrive at the port?
Saamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #15
LeahJH
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamh View Post
We just booked the Wonder for 3 weeks from tomorrow. What happens if you don't get luggage tags with your stateroom #? What do you do with your luggage when you arrive at the port?

The tags had bar codes that will link back to your reservation and therefore your room number.
__________________
11/09/13 - 11/16/13 Disney Fantasy
03/29/13 - 04/06/13 Disney Magic
10/27/12 - 11/03/12 Disney Magic
04/05/12 - 04/10/12 Disney Dream
01/03/12 - 01/08/12 Disney Dream
10/02/11 - 10/09/11 Disney Wonder
03/13/11 - 03/20/11 Disney Wonder
11/27/10 - 12/04/10 Disney Magic
10/31/09 - 11/07/09 Disney Magic
LeahJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.