Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #16
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Ahh you are so sweet Daisy 77. Welcome to the thread and congats on the upcoming baby. Traveling with a baby should be fun.

I know what you mean about the resorrts. One day I have decided Pop all the way but the next I am thinking POR might be nice, I really enjoyed POFQ, and CBR looks beautiful. Oh the decisions.

Thank you! I am excited to travel with a baby, but super nervous. DD was 2 during her first trip and it was a breeze. So I am hoping with the proper preparations this will be easy too.

This will be DH's first trip. He is SO excited! He has never been to a Disney park. So this should be a LOT of fun! I am hoping he "drinks the kool-aid" and wants to go again after this trip.

I am seeing lots of links to past TRs and PTRs for next year! I am gonna have some fun reading to do this weekend!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperess View Post
Count me in!

Jasperess - probably May 4th-12th, POR or POFQ. Haven't booked it yet (waiting for them to release it online), but I'm wicked excited! It'll just be me and my husband
Welcome Jasperess. I am with you waiting for Disney. I wish they would just open up the packages already. I guess I could make a room only reservation, but it just seems like such a pain to have to add on the package later. I am super excited as well, so excited that I had to start a planning thread.

Add you to the dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Joining in! We are going May 22nd - June 1st! Celebrating DD's 2nd birthday on the 26th, having our wedding the 27th and Disneymooning the rest of the week away! We are planning at staying at either BLT or BCV possibly splitting the trip between CRB also (depending on the deals that come out!) I am planning on ADR's at O'hanas, Kona, Cape May, Chef Mickeys (for DD's bday breakfast!), Tusker House, California Grill and Crystal Palace (we love Pooh, ok I love Pooh ) and some others TBD! Im so excited for this trip!
Welcome AvasMommy 526. Sounds like you have a busy trip to plan next May. It also looks like or date over lap a little. Hope to see you at the World. I love your plans for ADR's. I will add everyone's ADR's when they are officially booked.

Added you dates to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm here as well.

May 11-18 @ POR for DN's First trip and her 5th birthday (and 100% of it will be a surprise!)!
Yea Liddy's here. I am still disappointed that our trips don't overlap this year, but at least we will still be able to plan our trips together. Now we just need to convince some of the girls to come over here and join the fun. You know who I am talking about. (D, TK, oopsiDaisy, exc. . . )

Added you girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindermomma View Post
Hi!!! My family (me, DH and DS11) plan on going to Disney World May 30th - June 6th. We CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! Not sure about ADR's, or even if we will get the dining plan. I think we would like to stay at All Star Movies again and try to eat at Garden Grill for sure........can't wait to plan with everyone!
Welcome cindermomma, I am so glad you came over. I can't wait to read more about your trip.

Your dates are add to the list as well.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post

Thank you! I am excited to travel with a baby, but super nervous. DD was 2 during her first trip and it was a breeze. So I am hoping with the proper preparations this will be easy too.

This will be DH's first trip. He is SO excited! He has never been to a Disney park. So this should be a LOT of fun! I am hoping he "drinks the kool-aid" and wants to go again after this trip.

I am seeing lots of links to past TRs and PTRs for next year! I am gonna have some fun reading to do this weekend!
Your DH's first trip to WDW. . .How exciting. I hope he is instantly hooked and he wants to return year after year.

You sound like you have a busy weekend of reading to do. Don't stress your eyes out to much.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Quote:
Your DH's first trip to WDW. . .How exciting. I hope he is instantly hooked and he wants to return year after year.

You sound like you have a busy weekend of reading to do. Don't stress your eyes out to much.
My DD is spending the weekend with her dad so I am forcing myself to be non-productive and do some serious dis-ing

DH has been so wonderful about all this Disney stuff. I don't think he has ever known anyone who loves something as much as I love Disney. He just humors me most of the time and says whatever I plan will be great. He doesn't know what monster he is creating

I also want to start laying down some plans or at least get some ideas of where we should eat. I haven't planned a trip since 2007...so I'm a little rusty.

BTW, I started reading your PTR and your kids are so cute!! Your DD sounds a lot like mine. A sweet girly girl

Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #20
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list...

WHEN: May 1 - May 10, 2013

WHERE: POR

WHO: My Mom (62), Daughter (4.5), and Me (38)
**ages at time of the trip**

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome AvasMommy 526. Sounds like you have a busy trip to plan next May. It also looks like or date over lap a little. Hope to see you at the World. I love your plans for ADR's. I will add everyone's ADR's when they are officially booked.

Added you dates to the list.
Yay!!
I was hoping to get some opinions from everyone since I've never made ADR,
Prefer Phone in or Online?
I have my calendar marked for my 180 days and I know I can call at 7am when can you make them online?
Thanks everyone!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Quote:
Yay!!
I have my calendar marked for my 180 days and I know I can call at 7am when can you make them online?
Thanks everyone!

You can make them online at your 180 days. I waited until 5 am (7 am EST). Not sure if you can do it earlier.

When I did our September dining ressies (had to cancel trip boooo), I did it online and it was super easy! I prefer online because at 5 am I am not the most chipper sounding and I can't write as fast as they speak lol

I think for certain things like The Pirates League and BBB you have to call to make ressies.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #23
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can make them online at your 180 days. I waited until 5 am (7 am EST). Not sure if you can do it earlier.

When I did our September dining ressies (had to cancel trip boooo), I did it online and it was super easy! I prefer online because at 5 am I am not the most chipper sounding and I can't write as fast as they speak lol

I think for certain things like The Pirates League and BBB you have to call to make ressies.
I read somewhere (not sure if it was reliable, since I don't recall where it was), that you can book ADRs online even earlier than 7AM EST. I want to say it was a thread here ... and the person made their ADRs at 4AM EST. I could be totally off, but I did come away from the post with the statement that online ADRs could be booked earlier than calling in. Again, don't recall where I read it, or if it's even still true ... but I'm totally going to be sitting at my PC all night trying to book my ADRs.

And yes, TPL and BBB, as well as all the cruises and special packages (fireworks, etc.) have to be called in. You won't be able to see the ADR# in your WDW page either. I've also heard you had to call in to book the F! package, but I've read recently that it can be booked online. Can anyone confirm?

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Making dining plans is my favorite part of trip planning! There are so many great places to try!

For me, I am so lost on what is new at the parks. I've heard about JTA, the new FL expansion...and all that but I really don't know anything details. This is the part of trip planning that I need to work at and need to research.

Also does anyone have any experience with traveling with a baby? I would love any tips if anyone has any! I plan on wearing a sling, but I know once it gets hot during the later parts of the day, the baby will be in his or her stroller.

Anyways, sorry to be a thread hog, I am just so super excited to start planning!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #25
Goofy4WDW1964
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Making dining plans is my favorite part of trip planning! There are so many great places to try!

For me, I am so lost on what is new at the parks. I've heard about JTA, the new FL expansion...and all that but I really don't know anything details. This is the part of trip planning that I need to work at and need to research.

Also does anyone have any experience with traveling with a baby? I would love any tips if anyone has any! I plan on wearing a sling, but I know once it gets hot during the later parts of the day, the baby will be in his or her stroller.

Anyways, sorry to be a thread hog, I am just so super excited to start planning!
I can't give you any advice specific in regards to a baby, but our son was 3 1/2 years old the first time we took him and the best thing we did was to keep him on his same schedule. For example, we kept him on his same nap schedule and we kept him on his same eating schedule. That helped him stay happy the entire day.
Goofy4WDW1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsnot View Post
Add me to the list...

WHEN: May 1 - May 10, 2013

WHERE: POR

WHO: My Mom (62), Daughter (4.5), and Me (38)
**ages at time of the trip**
Welcome to the thread nvsnot. Yea another trip for May.

Added you to the list.

Quote:
Yay!!
Thanks everyone!

I have only done the ADR's online. But than again I have never been able to make reservation so far in advance before. Both of my las trips were booked after the 180 day mark. I can't wait for the 180 day mark for this trip so I can make those ADR's.

Quote:

Sounds like a good reason to make online to me. I couldn't imagine calling someone so early in the morning. I am not a morning person and tend to get agrivated when it's that early when things are not going my way.

Quote:
I read somewhere (not sure if it was reliable, since I don't recall where it was), that you can book ADRs online even earlier than 7AM EST. I want to say it was a thread here ... and the person made their ADRs at 4AM EST. I could be totally off, but I did come away from the post with the statement that online ADRs could be booked earlier than calling in. Again, don't recall where I read it, or if it's even still true ... but I'm totally going to be sitting at my PC all night trying to book my ADRs.

And yes, TPL and BBB, as well as all the cruises and special packages (fireworks, etc.) have to be called in. You won't be able to see the ADR# in your WDW page either. I've also heard you had to call in to book the F! package, but I've read recently that it can be booked online. Can anyone confirm?

Good to know Liddy. You really do your research don't you. As for F! Package, I did this package for both of my last trips and was able to book them both on line.

Quote:

Sorry I don't really have any advice for a baby as well but I agree to keep he/she on a schedual as much as possible. I have taken a baby to Six Flags and had no problems. I would make sure to get a fan for the stroller and make sure to use the baby swap program at the parks.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Corrine 1973

Ok I just want to come clean. I screwed up and I feel bad about it. I honestly looked to see if there was another May 2013 planning thread and did not see one so I started this one. Well, somehow I missed it. I know it isn't a big screw up and the more threads the better, but I just don't want anyone to get mad at me. I changed the title a little so there isn't any bad feelings.

Here is the link to the other thread if you want to check it out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820611
Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #28
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you!! I agree that online is probably easiest, I guess I was just worried about everything going thru, lol. Don't wanna mess with our dinners!!
Plus my 180 mark is Black Friday so I am sure I will be up bright and early that day anyways! Online shopping and ADR woo hooooo!

Quote:

Thank you!! I thought I read something like that too, I guess I will just get up in the middle of the night and hope its time!
I'm sure I'm having a brain freeze but what is a F! package?
I'm hoping Be Our Guest also! Anyone hear any news on this?

Quote:

I haven't traveled to Disney with my little one, she will be turning 2 while we are there, but last summer we took her to another theme park, camping and to Vermont for a fall weekend getaway and she did great! She was between 3-5 mths at these trips. She loves being outdoors and taking everything in. We let her nap when she was tired and we alternated between the sling and stroller and when she needed to nurse we went somewhere cool and relaxed, she slept in the pack and play, at that age she wasn't really on too much of a set schedule so we kinda went with the flow. I truly don't think we had any problems and i think Disney will have so much for a baby to look around at!! I'm sure you will have a great trip, so exciting!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #29
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!! I thought I read something like that too, I guess I will just get up in the middle of the night and hope its time!
I'm sure I'm having a brain freeze but what is a F! package?
I'm hoping Be Our Guest also! Anyone hear any news on this?
I'll probably start early and check back once an hour or something. Some of my ADRs will be pretty rough to score ... but others I'm not as concerned about. So I'll just focus on the hard-to-get ones first, then snag whatever later when it's not sleeping-hours.

F! package is Fantasmic! at DHS. They have a package you can book where you dine at a select restaurant and order from a select menu and you get a pass to sit in the "reserved seating" area at that night's first F! showing. The only thing is they open it up to the public X amount of time before the show starts, so if you don't arrive early, you may not get to sit in the section. I think they request you arrive at least 30 minutes with your pass.

Last I heard about BOG was it was slated to open for the "holiday season" this year. But no confirmations on what they deem is "holiday season". It could be as early as October or as late as the end of December. Who knows. And even with that, there still isn't word on when they'll open up BOG for ADRs. I know it will run some time as just a walk-up restaurant. It could be a day, a week, or months. Disney has been very secretive about this place ... so hope it's worth it in the end!

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good to know Liddy. You really do your research don't you. As for F! Package, I did this package for both of my last trips and was able to book them both on line.
Now we know!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: