Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #196
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

It has been a few weeks since I have been on the Dis. Life has gotten busy with moving and back to school preparations for DD...but I am back and sooooo ready to get into planning mode!

Welcome to all the new May peeps!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #197
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'm getting twitchy fingers and want to change our resort. Make me stay put! We are staying at POR. We have stayed there before and I know we like it but I would really like to experience somewhere else

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #198
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
I'm getting twitchy fingers and want to change our resort. Make me stay put! We are staying at POR. We have stayed there before and I know we like it but I would really like to experience somewhere else
Where else were you thinking?

Years ago, we said we wanted to try each resort, but we got stuck with our favorites. Seem we mostly stay at POP or CSR now. Years ago it was POR or SSR. Each one has it's unique offerings, it's hard to decide sometimes.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #199
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I don't knowww that's the thing. We have to have 2 rooms too bc with 5 Disney adults 1 room is just too small for us. We've gone quite a few times and have stayed at a few diff resorts. We have our faves we always seem to go to (Poly, BC, CSR, POR depending on the budget) but I just want to try somewhere else sometimes. My oldest really wants to stay at AKL and our trip is over her birthday so I've considered it but my husband just rolls his eyes since it busts the budget

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #200
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

We're in! A group of 6 (me, DH, 2 DD's, DMother and D MIL) staying at AoA starting May 4th.

Right now I'm not having the hardest time waiting...I have football (War Eagle!) Halloween, our trip to the Smokies, Thanksgiving, Christmas to look forward to.

But once January rolls around and not much is going on I know I'll really start to get anxious!!!

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #201
fallen_angel727
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Add me in for May 25-31 at POP

1991 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2004 (offsite), 2009 (offsite - engagement trip!!), 2012 (POP), 2013 (POP), 2014 (POP)

fallen_angel727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #202
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning all of you May Disers! For those of you who have been or will be affected by Hurricane Issac, I hope that you are all safe and sound!

Here in North Louisiana, we have a lot of wind gusts and rain but, so far, nothing as terrible as what the southern portion of our State (and Mississippi, Alabama and Florida) has received. There are quite a few trees blown down, including one on my sister's deck and in my neighbor's yard, and power is out here and there. The local government buildings and schools have shut down for the day but, of course, I'm one of those who had to come into work.

I'm trying to keep my mind off the bad weather by thinking about our May trip to Walt Disney World!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #203
excitedtwinmama
Earning My Ears

May 2013 cant come fast enough!

We are staying at the little mermaid rooms at AoA May 13-May 20. Celebrating our twins 4th birthday! This is our first trip (both hubby and I have done days in the park as kids) Having lots of fun planning! Currently we for ADR's we are thinking Cinderellas Table (have a 4 year old princess who MUST go to this).
Other then that still figuring out what ADR's we are going to want to book.
excitedtwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #204
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedtwinmama View Post

We are staying at the little mermaid rooms at AoA May 13-May 20. Celebrating our twins 4th birthday! This is our first trip (both hubby and I have done days in the park as kids) Having lots of fun planning! Currently we for ADR's we are thinking Cinderellas Table (have a 4 year old princess who MUST go to this).

Happy Planning! My family and I enjoyed Donald's Safari Breakfast in the Animal Kingdom; the food is good and plentiful!

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #205
cwt580
DIS Veteran

still waiting.............

well at least only 60 days to go till ADR's..........

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #206
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

I guess I can officially be added to the "unofficial" May 2013 planners! I just changed my reservations from September 2013 to May. We will go Memorial Day week. My daughter's school is getting more strict about unexcused absences and I will respect their policy. So we changed our vacation dates. Right now we are at AoA (Little Mermaid) but if there is a decent discount we will stay at POR or POFQ. Is there somewhere I can plug in our dates to see when we can start making ADR's?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #207
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
still waiting.............

well at least only 60 days to go till ADR's..........
That is great!!!

We are right there with ya with the waiting....seems like forever....so I just sit and play on the dis to help pass the time

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #208
RobertLC
Mouseketeer

We'll be staying at POFQ May 22-27, 2013!
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

RobertLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #209
RobertLC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr
I guess I can officially be added to the "unofficial" May 2013 planners! I just changed my reservations from September 2013 to May. We will go Memorial Day week. My daughter's school is getting more strict about unexcused absences and I will respect their policy. So we changed our vacation dates. Right now we are at AoA (Little Mermaid) but if there is a decent discount we will stay at POR or POFQ. Is there somewhere I can plug in our dates to see when we can start making ADR's?
Our stay begins May 22 so we can start ADRs on November 23.

So just adjust for your stay.
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

RobertLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #210
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedtwinmama View Post

Cheers! We're celebrating our girls' first time right between their birthdays. One will turn 5 and the other will be a few weeks away from turning 4. I don't make our ADRs until November 5th, but I'm also planning CRT.

Also, PP mentioned Tusker House. We're planning on doing breakfast there, and also Crystal Palace for character meals. For our other ADRs I've decided on San Angel Inn (MIL loves Mexican food and others here on the boards have said kids like the atmosphere) Rainforest Cafe at DTD (atmosphere) and Cape May Buffett (this is the only one where I didn't really think about the kids. DH is a HUGE seafood eater. This was mentioned in one of our Disney planning DVDs and he said he didn't care what other restaurants we ate at, but this one had to be on the list. So, it is )

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: