Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #136
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I also already have been checking out those restaurants and have an idea of which one I want to do. But with 4 months untill I am able to make my ADR's, they will probably change between now and than.
I'm sure I'll change up the plans many many times before it's time for us to make ADRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammydc30 View Post
I don't really post very often but, we have a long time before our trip and thought I would join the board to help pass the time.

We are trying a split stay. From May 11-20 Pop and May 20-24 AOA!
Welcome to the May Disers! I've never done a split stay but I know a lot of folks do.
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #137
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good morning fellow May Disers! Now that I've gotten our reservations made, I'm already starting to scope out new restaurants, places to see and things to do. I know that I am not alone....who else is doing the same thing?
I don't know about you, but I get stuck in the same rut. We eat at the same places over and over. I'd like to try some places that are new to us, but have been there for ages.

The new Agent P Adventure is pretty cool! We love Perry!! We did UK and Germany!! Excited to try another country sometime too!

Can't wait to try Be Our Guest restaurant!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #138
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I don't know about you, but I get stuck in the same rut. We eat at the same places over and over. I'd like to try some places that are new to us, but have been there for ages.

The new Agent P Adventure is pretty cool! We love Perry!! We did UK and Germany!! Excited to try another country sometime too!

Can't wait to try Be Our Guest restaurant!
We have our favorite restaurants for sure but I try to work in at least one new one each year. I wonder if Anakin would like the pizza at Via Napoli. I think I remember you saying that he likes his sauce smooth. Hunter ordered the four cheese pizza and it doesn't normally come with any red sauce. However, we asked if they would put some on the pizza and is was good and didn't have a chunky texture to it.

We haven't done the Agent P Adventure nor the new card game thing at Magic Kingdom. I need to add those to our list.

I'm anxious to see pictures and reviews for Be Our Guest.
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #139
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,018

One of my kiddos is turning 17 on the trip and not sure where we want to take her to celebrate..any ideas? She loves characters and isn't picky
__________________
Fam of 5--addicted to Disney!

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #140
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We have our favorite restaurants for sure but I try to work in at least one new one each year. I wonder if Anakin would like the pizza at Via Napoli. I think I remember you saying that he likes his sauce smooth. Hunter ordered the four cheese pizza and it doesn't normally come with any red sauce. However, we asked if they would put some on the pizza and is was good and didn't have a chunky texture to it.

We haven't done the Agent P Adventure nor the new card game thing at Magic Kingdom. I need to add those to our list.

I'm anxious to see pictures and reviews for Be Our Guest.
Yes! That does sound like a good choice for him. He and I will eat alfredo sauce on pizza too. My reluctance is over the ovens. I can't help but wonder if he'd be afraid of them and be worried the whole meal? We can't get him on Maelstrom because of the troll in the gift shop.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #141
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yes! That does sound like a good choice for him. He and I will eat alfredo sauce on pizza too. My reluctance is over the ovens. I can't help but wonder if he'd be afraid of them and be worried the whole meal? We can't get him on Maelstrom because of the troll in the gift shop.
I'm trying to rememember....I think that there were tables right up front that had some sort of decoration between them and the back of the room that kept you from seeing the big ovens. I'll ask John if he remembers...wait, I'll ask Hunter...John can't remember doodly squat.
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #142
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
One of my kiddos is turning 17 on the trip and not sure where we want to take her to celebrate..any ideas? She loves characters and isn't picky
If you don't mind a buffet, we love the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. I'm a bit picky about buffets but this one is kept clean and the character interaction is great!
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #143
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
One of my kiddos is turning 17 on the trip and not sure where we want to take her to celebrate..any ideas? She loves characters and isn't picky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
If you don't mind a buffet, we love the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. I'm a bit picky about buffets but this one is kept clean and the character interaction is great!
I second the Crystal Palace and add this suggestion. Make your reservation for either the first time slot for lunch or the first time slot for dinner. We did this a couple weeks ago and practically had the whole place to ourselves until later reservations were seated. Some of the characters came around 3 times! The time before that when we ate there it was peak dining time, it took almost 2 hours until we saw all four characters.

The food was good, the desserts were great!



Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm trying to rememember....I think that there were tables right up front that had some sort of decoration between them and the back of the room that kept you from seeing the big ovens. I'll ask John if he remembers...wait, I'll ask Hunter...John can't remember doodly squat.
LOL, Lisa! Let me know what Hunter says!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #144
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
 
LoveToTravel2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125
One of my kiddos is turning 17 on the trip and not sure where we want to take her to celebrate..any ideas? She loves characters and isn't picky

If you don't buffet - Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's are fun with classic characters. If you don't like buffet - we love Princess breakfast in Norway. It's family style - so your food, is your food We've done them all just about and will be doing GF dinner with the step sisters and Prince Charming in March as that's one we haven't done and DD 11 wants the step sisters.
__________________
Mom To A Princess
WDW - CBR 12/05, 12/06, 12/07, 7/08, 12/08
WDW - SoG 1/10, 3/13 UCA Nationals
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #145
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,018

Thanks!

We don't mind buffets but I don't love Crystal Palace. We ate there on our trip before last and I just didn't really care for it.

How is the Akershus Princess Meal? Is it character for breakfast and Lunch? I know breakfast is American food and my DH would actually like Norwegian food and if my kids see princesses at the same time it's win-win
__________________
Fam of 5--addicted to Disney!


Last edited by MMS1125; 07-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #146
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel2001 View Post
We've done them all just about and will be doing GF dinner with the step sisters and Prince Charming in March as that's one we haven't done and DD 11 wants the step sisters.
We ate at 1900 Park Fare last trip and it was really good Enjoy!
__________________
Fam of 5--addicted to Disney!

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #147
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
 
LoveToTravel2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125
Thanks!

How is the Auskerhaus Princess Meal? Is it character for breakfast and Lunch? I know breakfast is American food and my DH would actually like Norwegian food and if my kids see princesses at the same time it's win-win
It is character for breakfast and lunch. We loved the breakfast - no way would my DD would eat lunch there. Plus breakfast got us into Epcot before they were open We saw Belle, they took a picture in a special setting and my DD was dressed as Belle that morning but she does not rotate around the tables. Rotating the tables - Mulan, Mary Poppins, Jasmine and Sleeping Beauty. these were bonuses because with exception of Mary Poppins, we were having a hard time tracking down the other three.
__________________
Mom To A Princess
WDW - CBR 12/05, 12/06, 12/07, 7/08, 12/08
WDW - SoG 1/10, 3/13 UCA Nationals
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #148
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
 
LoveToTravel2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125

We ate at 1900 Park Fare last trip and it was really good Enjoy!
Good to hear. I tend to not really care about the food - its the experience But I need to be sure DD eats and it seems like American buffet is always safe - she's very picky.
__________________
Mom To A Princess
WDW - CBR 12/05, 12/06, 12/07, 7/08, 12/08
WDW - SoG 1/10, 3/13 UCA Nationals
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #149
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
Thanks!

We don't mind buffets but I don't love Crystal Palace. We ate there on our trip before last and I just didn't really care for it.

How is the Auskerhaus Princess Meal? Is it character for breakfast and Lunch? I know breakfast is American food and my DH would actually like Norwegian food and if my kids see princesses at the same time it's win-win
We had lunch there a couple of years ago and all really enjoyed it. I had the open faced chicken sandwich and thought it was excellent. The desserts were also very good. When we were there we had Snow White, Aurora (sleeping beauty), Cinderella, and Ariel come to our tables. I know the characters change and Disney will not guarantee any characters.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #150
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I second the Crystal Palace and add this suggestion. Make your reservation for either the first time slot for lunch or the first time slot for dinner. We did this a couple weeks ago and practically had the whole place to ourselves until later reservations were seated. Some of the characters came around 3 times! The time before that when we ate there it was peak dining time, it took almost 2 hours until we saw all four characters.

The food was good, the desserts were great!





LOL, Lisa! Let me know what Hunter says!
I spoke with Hunter and John last night and they both said that they thought they remembered something up front that might block guests' view but they weren't sure. I found a link on allearsnet of the restaurant but I'm not sure it helps much: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._napoli_1.html
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.