Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
zshellmatt
Earning My Ears

Leaving Friday!!! See Ya Later Tornados!!!

I am beyond excited!

We are finally leaving after planning our trip for 2 years! We will be driving from Moore, Oklahoma and wont's be back until 6/23. We will be staying in the Disney area for two weeks and going to Disney and Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure for two weeks and then go to Siesta Key Beach for a week. This trip could not come at a better time. We are temporarily displaced due to the May 20th tornados in Moore, Ok. If you have been watching the news we live right across the highway from the Warren Theater that was damages and the Hospital and 7-Eleven that was destroyed. Most of our neighborhood is gone. We still have a house, but it is significantly damaged. Needless to say we have had a stressful week. So looking forward to this trip. I am thankful for my family though, All three of my kids schools were in the path of the tornado until it decided to veer off the course it was going. Its just now sinking in that I could have lost all of them. Looking for tons of pixie dust and magic on our first family vacation and 1st trip to Disney/Universal, and the beach. Please no hurricanes!!!

Me DH DD10
DS8 DS17

Summer 2013 Disney World/IOA/US/Siesta Key Beach -Offsite
Summer 2014 Disneyland/Sea World/San Diego/Seal Beach/Mission Beach/LA/Legoland/Knottsberry Farm/Six Flags Magic Mountain/Hollywood/Santa Monica/Universal Studios Hollywood- Offsite
Summer 2015 (planned) Disney World/IOA/US/ Busch Gardens/Sea World/Cape San Blas- Off Site
zshellmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe. Our thoughts are with everyone who were devastated by this tragedy.

Have a wonderful trip and try to get some relaxation.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Great!

How great for you. I hope you have a wonderful trip and sincerely hope that you are getting the support you need at home.

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
JoJoFromNY
Mouseketeer

Heard on television tonight that Oklahoma is getting hit again with more tornadoes close to where they hit last week. I am praying for you and family that your house is not in its path again. Stay strong and hope you are having a fantastic time in Disney and that all of your loved ones are safe back at your home.

CB - '90 "Honeymoon"
Offsite - '95, '00, '03, '07 (What were we thinking)
CSR - 4/10
CSR - 4/12
JoJoFromNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic and safe trip! Hopefully the stress of the last few weeks will disappear in the magic of WDW!

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: