Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #16
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Happy early Anniversary!!

Your plans are looking great! We are doing a number of character meals when we go. You can never be too old

I love Crystal Palace, but that's mainly because I get to see my favourite guy, Eeyore

Looking forward to hearing more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Oh, and our husbands have the same name
Thank you! Lol you definitely can never be too old! I'm not sure yet which one to do or for what meal it is going to be for. I loved CP! I did it for breakfast with my parents once and then dinner with DH on our first trip . And Mike is a good name!!

Has anyone tried 1900 Park Fare? Which meal was better? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? How about Norway?
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!
, 8/2013, 7th trip with DH, 2nd Anniversary :

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Megs114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Last but not least, Animal Kingdom!!

This is a half day park to us. I know, I know, I don't want to insult any AK lovers, but we just kind of go in, do what we love, and head out.

Our MUST DO list is:
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
It's Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Sometimes we also go with Conservation Station, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Pangani Forest Exploration Trail but it really depends on the weather, temperature, and how we are feeling that day. The last time we went, they had EMH's at night and that was a lot of fun. It was really awesome riding Everest at night. Unfortunately, this time there aren't any night EMHs.

Food wise, we usually go with the QS Yak and Yeti. I can usually take it or leave it so this time we are going to try Flame Tree BBQ.

Still waiting for our DME luggage tags to come in. Hopefully soon!

Also, still deciding on which Character Breakfast to choose from! Decisions!!!
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Today was a great day!

We got our packet today with our ME stuff!! I always love getting this in the mail. It makes it feel more official and means we are soooo close!

I also got a phone call for a job interview next week! Hopefully, this means we will not only be celebrating our one year anniversary, but also celebrating getting a teaching position! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
Megs114
Mouseketeer

30 DAY MARK!!!

Thank goodness for this vacation lol. These days of work are just getting longer and longer. Maybe it's bc I keep thinking "you can do this, only 45 more days" "only 30 more days" lol.

I finally made my character breakfast reservation! I decided on 1600 Park Fare but I think I'm going to try to change the time to later. Right now it's for 9:00 but I don't want to be rushing around. We'll be at MK that morning anyway so we can take our time a little bit.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
Megs114
Mouseketeer

17 more days!! And 13 more work days!! I find out either tomorrow or Tuesday of I will be getting my first teaching position or not. Ughh so nervous!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

All I want to do is to start packing lol but I think DH will think I'm crazy lol.

Has anyone used the Brita Water Bottles before? I was thinking of getting them for the parks.

The other day, DH threw the idea of maybe switching to a moderate resort at me. He said to call and if we could do it for an extra $350-400 to go ahead and book it. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't going to happen lol but I tried anyway. Alas, no luck but I appreciated his wanting to upgrade (he's not one to spend extra money if we don't have to).

Hope everyone is good!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I came over from the August thread and see that your trip is coming up really soon!

I had to chuckle when I read your opinion about AK - I am of the same thinking... let's go there, see a few animals, ride EE and Dinsoaur and leave! Oh, but I do love Flame Tree BBQ! Yum.

I hope you received good news about the teaching job.

BTW: Mike, Michael... excellent hubby name. I'm married to one as well.

Take care and happy packing!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
netnurse31
Some people care too much, I think it's called love. -- Winnie the Pooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs114 View Post
Has anyone tried 1900 Park Fare? Which meal was better? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? How about Norway?
Saw you over on the August thread and just read your PTR. DD and I love 1900 Park Fare! We have an ADR for the last night of our trip there and go every year. We always have gone for dinner so I can't speak for any of the other meals. The food is always great and you can't beat the atmosphere. The step sisters are a hoot! They really get into their character and it's a lot of fun. It's usually just my DD and I but this year we are bringing along my 23 yo DS. It will be a lot of fun seeing his reaction as he hasnt been since he was about 14. DD is 17, definitely not a "child" and we LOVE character dining. We have quit a few booked as we have free dining as part of our package. Without the free dining it would end up being rather expensive!

Your engagement sounds so romantic! If I ever marry again I would love to do a small wedding at Disney!

Good luck on the teaching job!

Me (48):DS (23) DD(17)
netnurse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #23
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy
I came over from the August thread and see that your trip is coming up really soon!

I had to chuckle when I read your opinion about AK - I am of the same thinking... let's go there, see a few animals, ride EE and Dinsoaur and leave! Oh, but I do love Flame Tree BBQ! Yum.

I hope you received good news about the teaching job.

BTW: Mike, Michael... excellent hubby name. I'm married to one as well.

Take care and happy packing!
Thanks for checking this out!! Lol I can't help it. I know it's a touchy subject but I just have no interest in spending a full day there lol.

Thank you! I go tomorrow for my 2nd interview with the assistant superintendent. From what I read online, it can go either way. It's either an actual interview or where they offer you the job. So we'll see what happens!!

Hahaha we pick good names!!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by netnurse31

Saw you over on the August thread and just read your PTR. DD and I love 1900 Park Fare! We have an ADR for the last night of our trip there and go every year. We always have gone for dinner so I can't speak for any of the other meals. The food is always great and you can't beat the atmosphere. The step sisters are a hoot! They really get into their character and it's a lot of fun. It's usually just my DD and I but this year we are bringing along my 23 yo DS. It will be a lot of fun seeing his reaction as he hasnt been since he was about 14. DD is 17, definitely not a "child" and we LOVE character dining. We have quit a few booked as we have free dining as part of our package. Without the free dining it would end up being rather expensive!

Your engagement sounds so romantic! If I ever marry again I would love to do a small wedding at Disney!

Good luck on the teaching job!
Awesome! Thank you! Thanks for checking this out! That's why I chose breakfast lol it's a little cheaper lol. Thank you! I want to renew my vows there one day

Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! One more sleep until Disney! My agenda for today:

Get mani/pedi
Finish packing
Pick up laundry
Clean/vacuum
Get the cat ready
Shower
Get to bed as early as possible (we have to be up and ready to go by 4 am)

I'm so ready to go!!

In other news, I GOT THE JOB!! I was board approved today so I will sign my contract when we get back and give my notice after that.

Expect my trip report when we get back! Hope everyone is good!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!!

Here is my trip report!

Day 1- Epcot/Downtown Disney

Our flight left out of Newark at 6 am which for me was rough since I'm probably the worst morning person known to man. However, I will gladly wake up as early as needed if it means going to Disney! We had to be up by 3:30 and ready by 4 when my mom picked us up. We live about 20 minutes away from the airport so it wasn't too bad. We got through baggage and security with no problems. Our flight actually landed a little early which was fine by me! Once we finally got to Magical Express (we went to terminal a instead of terminal b lol), it was off to All-Star Sports! I didn't do the online check-in hoping that we would receive an upgrade and it paid off. We were upgraded to the preferred Touchdown building but we didn't face the field (thankfully). It was a short walk from our room to the buses, main building, and both pools. Our room had a king size bed (which I requested). I didn't realize that all rooms with a king size bed was also a handicapped accessible room so the shower took a little getting used.

Our room

We headed to Epcot right after check in. We rode Finding Nemo, Captain Eo, Living with the Land, and walked around the countries. We got some margaritas from Mexico, caught a show in Italy (which DH was apart of and was made fun of lol), and headed back to the hotel.

After getting settled, we headed to Downtown Disney for some dinner at Earl of Sandwich. So good! We never ate there before but will definitely be returning. We got another margarita (lol) from the stand down there and went to the bus stop to head back to the hotel.

The only downside from this day aside from the heat was waiting an hour and a half for a bus. It was annoying after about a half hour and then a bus pulled up but it was already full and the driver pointed to a camera in front of our bus stop and said "they people watching can see you need another bus and they will send one very soon." Another hour later, a bus finally showed up. Once we got back, we just passed out lol. It was a very long day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: