Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

A Trip down Disney Memory Lane! - Exciting Life Update - 9/1

Welcome to my first Trip report on WDW this TR is a bit different since it is from 2008!! That was the last time I was at WDW and Iíve had some Disney Blueís recently so I thought why not do a TR! This TR will be written from what I remember and from video footage so no food pictures (Iíve learnt now that this is very important!) or minute by minute guide .

So I should probably introduce myself! My name is Rachel, I am currently 19 years old, full time student going into my second year of studying Physics and from Northern Ireland. Only found DIS boards just over a year ago when I was planning a DLP trip for me and my friend. Also there will be no pictures unfortunately of me or my family since I donít like the idea of it being public on the internet sorry!

A few Disney favourites of mine:
Favourite Theme Park Ė MK followed closely by Epcot
Favourite Attraction Ė Tower of Terror
Favourite Show Ė Beauty and the Beast
Favourite Movie Ė Beauty and the Beast (Can you see a theme here )
Favourite Character Ė Mickey , Tigger and Belle

This trip changed quite a bit from when me and my sister were first told about it in February 2007 and when we actually went in February 2008. Originally my Granddad (DGD), Granny (DGM), Auntie (DA) and Uncle (DU) were taking me and my sister (DS) to WDW for one week in February to coincide with our half term break. My DA and DU were then staying on another week themselves.

Come August 2007 and my DGD was diagnosed with cancer and sadly passed away in September 2007. So our holiday had to be changed. My DGM would not have been able to cope with travelling with both me and my sister alone on the way back. Therefore it was decided that DGM, DS and I would stay on the extra week with my DA and DU so that we would all travel together.

So here are the facts about our trip (Ages are at the time of the trip):

When? Wednesday 6th February Ė Friday 22nd February
Where? All Star Music, this was our first time staying on Disney property
Who?
Me Ė 14
DS Ė 12
DA Ė 37
DU Ė 45
DGM Ė 66
Why? Because we love Disney!
2013 June 10th - August 16th Walt Disney World Cast Member!! Quick Service Food and Beverage at Blizzard Beach!

Last edited by Disneymad1993; 09-01-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

Day 0 - Wednesday 6th February 2008
Day 1 - Thursday 7th February 2008
Day 2 - Friday 8th February 2008, Relaxing and I'm rich!
2013 June 10th - August 16th Walt Disney World Cast Member!! Quick Service Food and Beverage at Blizzard Beach!

Last edited by Disneymad1993; 06-22-2012 at 02:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

A Trip down Disney Memory Lane - Day 0 Wednesday 6th February 2008

The day started out as a normal school day, I went to school although I doubt that I was concentrating that much since in just a day I would be Florida! I was let out of school just before 12pm (meaning I had to miss a maths test ah well ). I remember clearly walking down to the back gate and it was actually a lovely sunny day thinking ďIím going to Walt Disney World!!!!Ē . I was so excited, after a tough year it was just nice to forget about the real world for 2 weeks.

We were flying from Belfast International to London Gatwick that day. I donít remember a lot about the flight but we got there safely! A shuttle bus then took us from the airport to our hotel for the night the Europa Gatwick hotel. Our room was nice enough for a non-WDW hotel of course .

We had dinner at the hotel which I think was a buffet although it ended up costing us a lot which we hadnít anticipated! It was then an early night since we were getting up at 4am!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

A Trip down Disney Memory Lane - Day 1 Thursday 7th February 2008

Hi everyone! It would be great hearing from anyone who has read any of this TR I promise I won't bite Although we haven't really got into the Disney part yet!

It was an early start this morning! The beds werenít that comfy so none of us got a good nightís sleep unfortunately . So back onto the shuttle to Gatwick airport We were flying First Choice (even though we had booked through another travel agent confusing I know!) direct to Orlando Sanford.

The flight was rather enjoyable since everyone had their own little TV (which DS and I had never encountered so we were well amused! ). I remember they had a word game where you had to guess the word from the letters given but you were playing with other people on the plane. I was so proud when I won a game!

We arrived safely in Orlando and got a coach to All Star Music. I remember the first time we passed through them lovely purple gates, both me and my sister were sitting in the front row on the right hand side! I wasnít a DISer and managed to get the best seats! I must have good DIS instincts

We arrived at ASM and my aunt and uncle went to check us all in. It took a bit longer since we were trying to see if DGM, DS and I could stay in the same room for the second week aswell (since we were originally only there for one week). So DGM, DS and I sat in the sitting area where they show the cartoons. Although at one stage I decided to go check out the shop (I needed an idea of all the things I was going to buy ). We eventually got our room numbers and off to the rooms we went! We had two rooms, one for my DA and DU, and one for DGM, DS and I. My room was located in the Jazz building (the one on the left) on the first floor overlooking the main walkway. It was a great location since it was so close to both the main building and the piano pool, and also it wasnít too much of a walk after a long day at the parks. My DA and DUís room was on the same floor but they were closer to the back of the building nearer the carpark.

After we had checked out our rooms Iím pretty sure we went to the food court and had dinner but I have no recollection of that what so ever! We then all went to bed since it had been a long day of travelling.

Up next: A relaxing day at the resort
Old 06-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

Day 2 Friday 8th February 2008 - Relaxing and Iím rich!!!

An early ish start this morning (considering it was a lazy day!), I think we were up about 8am. While we were waiting to meet up with my DA and DU I happily turned on the Disney radio channel. Breakfast this morning was in the food court, over the next two weeks I fell in love with the Mickey waffles and I had them with strawberries! Nom nom if only they did delivery to Northern Ireland.

After breakfast DGM, DA, DS and I went and did a bit of window shopping in the hotel shop. I remember seeing a lovely black Mickey bag but never got it. A few months ago I seen it on ebay and I was like ďI cannot miss this opportunity again!Ē and got it! I love it . After a while I went on ahead to the piano pool where DU was and took in the sights of the hotel on the way there.

It was a bit overcast in the morning but once the sunshine came out it was a lovely day! Most of time we were there it was sunny and in the mid to high 70ís (mid 20ís degree Celsius). Considering that the average maximum temperature in Northern Ireland in February is about 7 degrees Celsius , we loved the heat! Not too warm but just nice. So the morning was spent lounging around the pool and swimming. One thing I noticed is that there were a lot of cheerleaders!! They were all practicing in the big wide spaces between the different buildings. We realised that there was a competition, but what we didnít know was that it was in HS the next day and guess where we were going tomorrow!! Youíll find out how we got on in the next instalment!

Lunch time came around and since we didnít want to give up our table and loungers DS and I stayed at the pool while DGM, DA and DU went and got food and refilled our mugs. I remember waiting quite a while so it must have been busy in the food court. For lunch I had a pizza, the pizza was lovely! Again why canít Disney do deliveries!!

Sometime in the afternoon DS and I went to check out the arcade, boy did we have fun! Later in the evening after dinner DS and I were in the arcade and I was playing a game where you had to release the ball and it would drop into a hole, next thing you know I hit the jackpot!! About 500 tokens came out of the machine!!

After all that excitement it was time to head back to the room since tomorrow was our first park day!!

Up next: HS and will we survive with all the cheerleaders!?
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

Exciting Life Update - 9/1

I know it's been a while but I am determined to finish this so I can keep the Disney magic alive for me!

So something very exciting has happened...

I have decided to apply for the Disney International Program!!!

For anyone who doesn't know about the WDWIP, it is basically a 3 month program for UK students that enables them to work for WDW during the summer! It is nearly the same as the American Disney College program but it is only over the summer.

I sent my application off mid-August and the closing date is the end of September. So I will hear at the end of September if I have gotten through to the pre-selection event which is in October.

If I am successful in the pre-selection event then I will be invited to a face-to-face interview with Disney representatives And if I am successful there then I will be heading to WDW in Summer 2013!

I know it is still in the early stages but I am so excited at the possibility of being able to go to WDW , I honestly thought that I would have to wait until I had a job before I would have the chance to go to WDW again because it is so expensive to go for a holiday.

I'm working on the next update so it should be up soon!
Have a magical Day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: