Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Kate and Family
Wiggling My Ears

Charging phones etc.

PLEASE - no comments about how you do not understand why people bring their phones etc to the park or on the rightness/wrongness of using electric plugs not specified as being for charging electronics. You can of course, start a thread to address those issues.

This post is for those who plan to charge their phones etc.

This is information that I gleaned from post on the DISBOARDS (Before I begin - my apologies to those I am quoting w/o giving you credit.)

I am adding to this post (Post#1) as folks share more info. Thank all of you for sharing your spots.

MAGIC KINGDOM

Upstairs at CHH (Columbia Harbor House?) Right at the top of one of the sets of stairs (the one closest to where you order I think) there is an open outlet. It is not right next to a table but there are some close by - close enough to watch your phone.

In addition to the one mentioned in CHH, there is another in one of the small alcoves on the second floor, right near a table, so you can sit and eat with your phone charging right beside you. CHH is my favorite CS in MK anyway, so this works great for me!

Not sure how well known it is, but there are 1 or 2 outlets in the seating area of Casey's. Next to the old Pinball/baseball machine that's behind the screen/TV. Even if you're not eating, you can watch the cartoons while you wait for it to charge.

Next to Aloha Isle on right hand side (if looking at stand) of building.

Tomorrowland Terrace has 2 I found. Both near trash cans.

In front of Carousel of Progress. Center. Beside tree near fruit cart.

Outside the Tomorrowland restrooms there is one near a wall you can sit on.

EPCOT - FUTURE WORLD

There is one in the living seas near the women's restroom.

Upstairs area of The Electric Umbrella.

Several outlets in Innoventions, but none near seating. Sometimes it's okay to sit on the floor in the cool, though!

EPCOT - WORLD SHOWCASE

There are outdoor outlets in Norway and Morocco. Staff always said it was fine.

Outside seating at the Cantina by Mexico, there is an outlet on one of the posts on the left side. Beautiful view! I had lunch there Friday.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

near the outside table for ABC Commissary,

near the restrooms in the alley or breezeway ( I don't know what to call the area) near Toy Story Mania.

and near the restrooms under the LMA bleacher\seats stands

Just to confirm what I consider the best spot, as mentioned by a PP - one of the outside tables in front of the ABC Commissary. You can sit at the table and charge. It's the second table at the end closest to the big hat. Of course I never sit here if people are looking for places to sit to eat, but at non-meal times, when the tables are empty, it's perfect.

The inside seating area at the Backlot Express. The table closest to a non-working sink, there is an outlet above the sink. You can sit at the table. I had lunch there this past Saturday (love the southwest salad) and used this.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

A bench not too far from the Finding Nemo theater, there is an outlet in the foliage.

In the seating area at Pizzafari, there are two outlets in one of the rooms, near tables.

There is an outlet along the wall on the outside of the Disney Outfitters store (the right side). There used to be a bench there, but last week there was no longer any seating.

ANYONE ELSE WITH PLACES TO SHARE?

Last edited by Kate and Family; 11-28-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: update 11/28 up to pos t#8
Kate and Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

There is one in the living seas near the women's restroom. I didn't ask there but was sitting on the floor with my friend who was breadtfeeding and another mom was sitting there plugged in.
Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
Kate and Family
Wiggling My Ears

Thanks, Burnedout - I have added it to post #1

Stindall - I know.. let's see if keeping it on topic, even makes it past page 1
Kate and Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate and Family View Post
Thanks, Burnedout - I have added it to post #1

Stindall - I know.. let's see if keeping it on topic, even makes it past page 1

iirc We charged our camera battery up a bit in the upstairs area of The Electric Umbrella.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

I can't help but I can say that I had to charge all over DL because the Disney's times app really sucks the juice out of your phone.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

In DHS

there are probably others butthe areas I know for sure:
near the outside table for ABC Comissary, near the restrooms in the alle or breezeway
I don't know what to call the area near Toy Story Mania.
and near the restrooms under the LMA bleacher\seats stands

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
subtchr
DIS Veteran

DHS

1. Just to confirm what I consider the best spot, as mentioned by a PP - one of the outside tables in front of the ABC Comissary. You can sit at the table and charge. It's the second table at the end closest to the big hat. Of course I never sit here if people are looking for places to sit to eat, but at non-meal times, when the tables are empty, it's perfect.

2. The inside seating area at the Backlot Express. The table closest to a non-working sink, there is an outlet above the sink. You can sit at the table. I had lunch there this past Saturday (love the southwest salad) and used this.

AK

1. A bench not too far from the Finding Nemo theater, there is an outlet in the foliage.

2. In the seating area at Pizzafari, there are two outlets in one of the rooms, near tables.

3. There is an outlet along the wall on the outside of the Disney Outfitters store (the right side). There used to be a bench there, but last week there was no longer any seating.

EPCOT

1. Outside seating at the Cantina by Mexico, there is an outlet on one of the posts on the left side. Beautiful view! I had lunch there Friday.

2. I have found several outlets in Innoventions, but none near seating. Sometimes it's okay to sit on the floor in the cool, though!

MK

1. In addition to the one mentioned in CHH, there is another in one of the small alcoves on the second floor, right near a table, so you can sit and eat with your phone charging right beside you. CHH is my favorite CS in MK anyway, so this works great for me!

2. Outside the Tomorrowland restrooms there is one near a wall you can sit on.

Yes, I have used all of these. I guide tour groups at WDW and need to have a charged phone so they can reach me, often after an overnight bus trip has drained it!

Keep them coming, I'm always looking for more!

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report
subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Lightbulb Kate this is like a hidden Mickey game

I'm working alot next few weeks but when I
can get back to the parks again I plan to make a
game out of finding the outlets :-) what a great idea
you had with this thread

Ruthie

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the list. To avoid having to stop anywhere we just bring the portable chargers that either run on AAs or are rechargeable from a USB port.

My Galaxy III was able to last all day on a charge a couple of weeks ago even with very active use of the Touring Plans app. I also made sure I put it in airplane mode anytime we where I thought it would lose a signal to prevent if from spending power looking for one in vain.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
saturn5
"To all who come to this happy place, Welcome!" - Walt Disney

If you can go an hour or two without your phones, at MK, you can charge them at City Hall for free. The CM's there will give you a ticket, and when you are ready to pick it up, you just go back and get it.

Walt Disney World Past Stays:
'98-Poly, '03-Caribbean Beach, '06-All Star Movies, '08-All Star Music, '11-Wilderness Lodge, '12 Pop Century, '13 Pop Century, '13 Saratoga Springs

Pin Trading since 2004
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

At American Adventure there are several in the room where Voices perform.

At UK there are two in the chairs by the kidcot.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdavis2 View Post
Thanks for the list. To avoid having to stop anywhere we just bring the portable chargers that either run on AAs or are rechargeable from a USB port.

My Galaxy III was able to last all day on a charge a couple of weeks ago even with very active use of the Touring Plans app. I also made sure I put it in airplane mode anytime we where I thought it would lose a signal to prevent if from spending power looking for one in vain.
That's what I do. I bought one of those lithium chargers that has two usb ports so we can top-off 2 phones at once if needed. My iPhone never got below 50% and my Wife and daughter's SIIIs never got below 30% so the issue never came up.

OP, very comprehensive list...thanks. Might come in handy for charging the camcorder.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
kaybird
DIS Veteran

We got a solar charger that fits on the backpack. (top of a stroller would work great too!) Comes with adaptors for phones, cameras and ipods/pads. Worked great at DL and WDW this year.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybird
We got a solar charger that fits on the backpack. (top of a stroller would work great too!) Comes with adaptors for phones, cameras and ipods/pads. Worked great at DL and WDW this year.
That's pretty cool! Where did you get it?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

I bought 3 extra batteries. hubby and I both have a galaxy s3. i'll just swap in a fresh one when one battery dries out. I got a wall charger thing so we can charge 3 at once when we get back to the room.
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: